SUNRISE FUTURES Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES.

I applied through my college recruiting site for the Quantitative Researcher position. I was contacted by an HR person to set up a phone interview within a couple weeks of applying in June 2012. The interview was supposed to last 30-60 minutes. At the appointed time, the interviewer called me. While the job posting called for skills in quantitative analysis and the use of statistical tools, the interview was entirely focused on technical C++ questions. While the job posting had mentioned C++ skills as part of the desired qualifications, I was a little thrown that this was all I was asked about, especially since there was a C++ programming position that I did NOT apply for specifically because I felt my qualifications were more aligned with statistical analysis than pure programming. It felt like the person interviewing me was running through a script and didn't even realize the position I had actually applied for. The interview didn't go well since obviously the job they were interviewing for was not what I thought I applied for, but the questions were fairly straightforward and the tone was not hostile. It was very business-like, he just kept going down the list. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I received a follow-up email within a week from the same HR person saying they would pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describing the meaning of the "static" keyword in C++ in different contexts.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES in July 2013.

Had an interview for quantitative research role in July 2013. Got a phone interview after a week. The call started by the interviewer asking me about my background, research and C++ coding experience. Fairly simple questions about object-oriented concepts, one probability question and one coding problem, no surprises, really!

Interview Questions
    • What is polymorphism? What is inheritance? What is a virtual function?

Suppose there is an arbitrary triangle in a plane and a point in the plane is give. How can you determine whether the point is inside or outside the triangle by writing a simple (pseudo-)code?

Suppose there is a circle with unit circumference in a two-dimensional plane. You throw three points randomly onto the circumference of the circle. What is the probability that the center of the circle is inside the triangle formed by these three random points?
        Answer Question

Software Consult Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES.

Company contacted me asking for more information.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES.

One phone interview, just go through your resume and some basic dice problem.
    One one site interview. There are four people interviewing one by one. Question about probability, blackscholes, programming.

Trader Interview

phone interview, then onsite interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES in September 2012.

Pretty much the worst interview experience ever. Interviewed over the telephone by a terrible communicator - came across as a junior engineer from Eastern Europe - come to find out he runs the whole company. Just dreadful.

Interview Questions
    • Hash collision.
      Expected number of Friday the 13ths per year.
      How to detect discrepancy in market data feeds.
        Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SUNRISE FUTURES.

They asked me one question about C++ overload operator "+" and another question is about calculating probability for one event.

Interview Questions

Worked for SUNRISE FUTURES? Contribute to the Community!