SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.3

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Group interview, then individual with several senior level people.

Interview Questions

• Plans for this role moving forward. What changes I plan on making.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Acceptance to position depends on academics and interest in the field. There is a small interview session with the director and then they decide which project to offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for your o chose this field. Where do you see yourself wrt to this field in the next three years   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about the different type of teaching styles that you have experienced. Aspiring tutor should have attained an A in the course that they are pursuing to tutor. The job is similar to a self-employment. Students aren't required to come to tutoring, it is your job to make appointments to meet up.

Help Desk Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you had a problem and tell me how you solved it.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in May 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position through their HR website. A few months later, I got an email for phone interview with 4 committee members. The phone interview was set just 20 minutes. So, I don't have much time to show my ability and strength.

Advancement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in February 2011.

Interview

The process was very professional from beginning to end. All interviewers were friendly, informative, well-prepared. A very serious, ambitious operation, with a corporate feel.

Interview Questions

Not willing to shuffle off to Buffalo.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Candidate is selected by the employer choice if he is impressed by the skill set of employee

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the interview solely depends on confidence and skills of employee

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Apply online, group interview with hiring committee.

Interview Questions

• "Can you work with difficult people? Can you tolerate yelling and throwing things?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little wiggle room with the salary. You will get the high end if you ask for it if you ask.

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Email invitation to interview, and arrangement of details. On-site group interview, plus one-on-ones with faculty. Presentation to faculty (acting as proxy for students). Reimbursement for flights; accommodation provided.

Negotiation

No negotiation; this was a "take it or leave it arrangement."

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in January 2011.

Interview

Found the job online at UB career website, applied, three recommendation letters, CV, cover letter.

Initial phone interview with staff, then phone interview with the hiring manager (Principle Investigator), then on site interview with lab members and gave a talk, then received a letter of offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is just that.