SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.3

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Group interview, then individual with several senior level people.

Interview Questions

• Plans for this role moving forward. What changes I plan on making.   Answer Question

Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Amherst, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I contacted them through the career website. As an English major, they were interested in me and set up an interview where they asked my thoughts on how to best tutor students. They then administered a timed written test where I was to write an essay on the process of writing a paper. Not too difficult.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and also stopped by the office in person to know more about the position and to talk to people. After few weeks they called to schedule for on site interview; interviewed in the office

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about the different type of teaching styles that you have experienced. Aspiring tutor should have attained an A in the course that they are pursuing to tutor. The job is similar to a self-employment. Students aren't required to come to tutoring, it is your job to make appointments to meet up.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in January 2011.

Interview

Found the job online at UB career website, applied, three recommendation letters, CV, cover letter. Initial phone interview with staff, then phone interview with the hiring manager (Principle Investigator), then on site interview with lab members and gave a talk, then received a letter of offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is just that.

Help Desk Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you had a problem and tell me how you solved it.   Answer Question

Advancement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in February 2011.

Interview

The process was very professional from beginning to end. All interviewers were friendly, informative, well-prepared. A very serious, ambitious operation, with a corporate feel.

Interview Questions

Not willing to shuffle off to Buffalo.

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Email invitation to interview, and arrangement of details. On-site group interview, plus one-on-ones with faculty. Presentation to faculty (acting as proxy for students). Reimbursement for flights; accommodation provided.

Negotiation

No negotiation; this was a "take it or leave it arrangement."

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo in May 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position through their HR website. A few months later, I got an email for phone interview with 4 committee members. The phone interview was set just 20 minutes. So, I don't have much time to show my ability and strength.

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Apply online, group interview with hiring committee.

Interview Questions

• "Can you work with difficult people? Can you tolerate yelling and throwing things?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little wiggle room with the salary. You will get the high end if you ask for it if you ask.