SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.3

Sever Interview

Interview

easy and fast they hired me onthe spot an i started the next day

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

You have the opportunity to meet with various future colleagues in the department.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is the question that I do not ask the interviewee.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online through the UB recreation and Intramurals website, got a call after a week and asked very basic questions about availabiltiy times

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

Being a PhD student and having a CS background, I was approached to teach technically oriented courses from the beginning of my PhD program. I taught these courses as part of my GA duties. However, this changed to a more comprehensive adjunct instructor position after my fourth year in the PhD program. There was no formal hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to set up labs with another professor and that turned out logistically difficult.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Document review that's all there was no interview. It depends on the person whether they need interview or not. No more word to say, because I did not have any interview when I got accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Only graduate student admission with fellowship to cover the expense. The program was chemical engineering. Need to select a advisor in the first year. After that, can become a research assistant, focusing on Ph.D thesis.

Negotiation

NA

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview. Just based on CV and transcript. The hiring process is based on your performance in the first semester and then your phd advisor decides based on that. They Usually give you and initial task and if you could do it well, you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Interview

Lame backwards upside down management

Interview Questions

• They didn't know the questions let alone the answers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring process for my role was fairly straightforward and primarily dependent on my performance in class/relationship with professors. The Assistant Dean of the MBA program in the School of Business has clearly spoken with my Undergraduate professors to ensure that I had the knowledge to tutor and teach Executive MBA students who have spent copious amounts of money on the program. The actual Q&A portion was very short with an offer right away.

Interview Questions

• There was really not much in the way of questions. It was more of an assessment of my ability to commit the necessary time and willingness to help the students succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stright offer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

You submit your resume and wait to get response for a interview appointment. The interview questions are fairly easy where you will be asked all basic behavior questions. Within 1-2 weeks, they will make a decision and inform you about the result. Be professional and dress up.