SUNY Buffalo

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Not much to say, I printed the application, got work study, said I was a student and filled out the forms. They didn't ask any questions I just got the job it's as simple as that.I was not asked any questions other than whether I had work study

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions other than whether I had work study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

CIT Public Sites Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview Details – Applied on their website with a small application process. Does not require resume. Once selected you will complete a test on Microsoft Office products and in general computing. If you clear the test, they will invite you for an interview.

Interview Question – What animal would you like to be if you had the chance?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview Details – Group interview, then individual with several senior level people.

Interview Question – Plans for this role moving forward. What changes I plan on making.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in August 2013.

Interview Details – First, application online, Second interview, introduce the job duty.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview Details – Acceptance to position depends on academics and interest in the field. There is a small interview session with the director and then they decide which project to offer.

Interview Question – What is the reason for your o chose this field. Where do you see yourself wrt to this field in the next three years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

Interviewed at SUNY Buffalo

Interview Details – Being a PhD student and having a CS background, I was approached to teach technically oriented courses from the beginning of my PhD program. I taught these courses as part of my GA duties. However, this changed to a more comprehensive adjunct instructor position after my fourth year in the PhD program. There was no formal hiring process.

Interview Question – I was asked to set up labs with another professor and that turned out logistically difficult.   Answer Question

Executive MBA Program Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process for my role was fairly straightforward and primarily dependent on my performance in class/relationship with professors. The Assistant Dean of the MBA program in the School of Business has clearly spoken with my Undergraduate professors to ensure that I had the knowledge to tutor and teach Executive MBA students who have spent copious amounts of money on the program. The actual Q&A portion was very short with an offer right away.

Interview Question – There was really not much in the way of questions. It was more of an assessment of my ability to commit the necessary time and willingness to help the students succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stright offer

Plant Utilities Engineer Interview

Interviewed at SUNY Buffalo

Interview Details – Lame backwards upside down management

Interview Question – They didn't know the questions let alone the answers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terrible

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in January 2011.

Interview Details – Found the job online at UB career website, applied, three recommendation letters, CV, cover letter.

Initial phone interview with staff, then phone interview with the hiring manager (Principle Investigator), then on site interview with lab members and gave a talk, then received a letter of offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Question – Not much specific, just know about your field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is just that.

IT Consultant Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2012.

Interview Details – There are two stages. One is computer test which mainly consists of words, powerpoint and excel related questions. The second part is behaviour interview. Just want to know your behaviour. Tip: Answer everything and do not say the word, "I don't have".

Interview Question – Tell us something you are bad at.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SUNY Buffalo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SUNY Buffalo interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by SUNY Buffalo employees and interview candidates.