SUNY Downstate Medical Center

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Research Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

I received a call from Human Resources 6.5 months ago stating my start date would be the following Monday morning. Later that day I received an e-mail from Human Resources stating "We will not be able to use Monday as an official start date for you. I will notify you when the Research Foundation will be able to appoint you to the payroll." I have been informed that there is a problem regarding the grant for my position. Human Resources suggested that I contact the department. The department suggested I contact Human Resources.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

Volunteer work, good GRE scores

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in April 2011.

Met with the department chief who interviewed me and gave me a tour of the department where I met the staff.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to attain certifications relevant to the position in the near future?   View Answer
    No negotiation. An offer was made and I accepted.

Medical Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in November 2010.

One interviewer grill you for about a hour.

Interview Questions
    • Why downstate and not another very similar school?   Answer Question
    • It looks like you are into research, if so why come to downstate?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in October 2010.

The hiring process was very long..from the time I was interviewed until actual hire took almost one year. The interview process entailed: initial interview with senior administrator of the department, chief of service, chairman of department, group interview with division during committee meeting

Interview Questions
    • what did I know about live kidney donation and transplantation   View Answer

Medical Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in February 2009.

One interview and they look at rest of application as a whole. Interview obviously depends on interviewer and can vary widely. I had chief of surgery as interviewer and he was rough, asked a lot of difficult questions. Interview has huge weight. The rest of the interview day was good. I heard some people had very easy interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked why i took a vacation when I could have worked or did volunteer service. Tough to answer since he was the type of person who was a workaholic.   Answer Question

Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in February 2008.

1:1 interview with Program Director and Associate DIrector. Standard questions: Why our program?, What are your plans? Why are you the right candidate?