SUNY Downstate Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in April 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the department chief who interviewed me and gave me a tour of the department where I met the staff.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to attain certifications relevant to the position in the near future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. An offer was made and I accepted.

Medical Student Interview

Medical Student
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in February 2009.

Interview Details – One interview and they look at rest of application as a whole. Interview obviously depends on interviewer and can vary widely. I had chief of surgery as interviewer and he was rough, asked a lot of difficult questions. Interview has huge weight. The rest of the interview day was good. I heard some people had very easy interviews.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked why i took a vacation when I could have worked or did volunteer service. Tough to answer since he was the type of person who was a workaholic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

Interview Details – Volunteer work, good GRE scores

Medical Student Interview

Medical Student
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in November 2010.

Interview Details – One interviewer grill you for about a hour.

Interview Questions

Resident Interview

Resident
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in February 2008.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with Program Director and Associate DIrector. Standard questions: Why our program?, What are your plans? Why are you the right candidate?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for SUNY Downstate Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!