SUNY Oswego

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at SUNY Oswego

Interview Details – Very Easy, you pretty much got the job on the spot. if you made it to the interview process you pretty much just sit there and go over the employee manual and finding out what the job is all about.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SUNY Oswego.

Interview Details – All very organized and hospitable. Many meetings pre-arranged (search committee, dean, provost, research office, entire department). Had to provide presentation to staff and teach a class.

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate a small additional amount of money and a better computer.

Very Easy Interview

Desk Attendant Interview

Desk Attendant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Oswego.

Interview Details – I had known the Hall Director for a while already, so she already knew my character. She asked the typical questions about customer service, but certainly wasn't out to trick me. It was a very simple interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember any of the specific questions, because it took place several years ago. I think she asked me something about how I would respond if a friend tried to get me to break the rules.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Oswego, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Oswego in December 2007.

Interview Details – There was a panel interview with 6 or 7 people from the department and ancillary departments. I suggest you pay attention and memorize their names as they are introduced. They each had designated questions to ask, and asked them even if I had already answered them in my response to another person's similar question. I felt foolish because I was required to keep repeating myself. It wasn't a real conversation wherein the participants listen to each other; it was simply going around the circle and asking the predesignated questions regardless of what had already been covered. I suggest you bone up on your tautology. One question I remember is "How do you deal with stress?" There was also a skills test; I have no idea how well they thought I performed because there were no guidelines.

Interview Questions

Electronic Equipment Mechanic Interview

Electronic Equipment Mechanic

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at SUNY Oswego in November 2010.

Interview Details – civil service its a process

Interview Question – specific electrical   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SUNY Oswego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SUNY Oswego interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by SUNY Oswego employees and interview candidates.