SUNY Oswego Researcher Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUNY Oswego in December 2007.

There was a panel interview with 6 or 7 people from the department and ancillary departments. I suggest you pay attention and memorize their names as they are introduced. They each had designated questions to ask, and asked them even if I had already answered them in my response to another person's similar question. I felt foolish because I was required to keep repeating myself. It wasn't a real conversation wherein the participants listen to each other; it was simply going around the circle and asking the predesignated questions regardless of what had already been covered. I suggest you bone up on your tautology. One question I remember is "How do you deal with stress?" There was also a skills test; I have no idea how well they thought I performed because there were no guidelines.

Interview Questions