SUPERVALU Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

They use an SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) style interview. They will give you a list of competencies that are appropriate for the level of job you are seeking. (Make Sound Decisions, Act Strategically, Think Creatively, Manage Execution, Meet Customer Needs, etc). Then you need to give an example that fits the question they ask about that competency. Example: Meet Customer Needs - Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unhappy customer. Then you need to tell them what the situation was - what made the customer unhappy. What was your behavior or in other words what did you do to calm the customer and correct the situation. Last what was the outcome - was the customer happy, etc.

Negotiation

I did try but there was no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

Produce Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was told that not only would I not be able to work in produce, I also would not be eligible for a position as clerk unless I changed my availability to every day, 6 AM to 2 AM. Even though I have several medications, sleep problems, and I knew that I would not be able to keep up a schedule like that, I was forced into it by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about the types of things that I had done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick process after being recruited. Phone interview with recruiter, then set up a interview with 2 separate people at SUPERVALU corporate office. Each interview took about 1 hour, and were very comfortable. Not hard questions, just personal and like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past experience that can translate to helping this company move forward   Answer Question

Buyer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then had a quick phone interview with a low-level HR rep. She then set up an interview with a couple other buyers. They asked 4 behavioral based questions and then that was it. They had me come back for another round, this time with 4 people. I'm guessing SuperValu requires them to attend the interview because they just read the questions off a sheet of paper and it is clear that they have no interest in being there. All in all, they seemed like a decent company to work for. I had a few other offers on the table so it was my fault for not preparing properly. The people I interviewed with just didn't seem too excited about their jobs and the job itself didn't seem too challenging.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about a time you had given someone bad information.   Answer Question

Interview

Brief phone screen then on site with hiring manager

IT Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Boise, ID) in September 2013.

Interview

Straightforward, not too many questions. Mostly based off your resume. They require references that they will contact, a show of experience, and sometimes have you do a computer or paper test to show your computer competency.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your work experience and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

SSG ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Questions

• What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Green Bay, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Initial face to face interview. Then final panel interview. No questions were hard to answer, Be confident, be yourself, and explain how you can help them. Very understanding people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly simple. You obviously need experience to apply for a position like the one I applied for. Be yourself and youll be alright.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy going. Made me feel like I was at home.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

You will be called in for an interview if your skills match what they are looking for. The catch is that you will be called a Supplmental Worker. What this really meas is, if you screw up, and don't make you percentage, you will be let go. The scary thing is, when you get the to the interview stage, it's with about eight people.

Interview Questions

• There really isn't a difficult question. You just need to remain calm under presure, and be as honest as poosible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. they start everyone at the same pay.