SUPERVALU Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
55 interviews

2.8

Director Marketing Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in February 2013.

SUPERVALU uses SBO format for most interviews. Situation, Behavior and Outcome. Come prepared with some good examples that demonstrate what YOU did in a challenging situation, what you thought, how you handled difficult people, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are all situation/behavior based. Probably the most difficult ones are when you are expecting to tell about something good that you've accomplished, and instead, they ask to tell you about something that you didn't do so well.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary and overall compensation package.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2010.

Describe a situation, your behavior, the outcome is the standard interview process. I had two interviews. One with Human Resources and one with the department account managers. Interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation and How you handled it with the customer   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2011.

All questions are behavioral questions, if you prepared well with enough examples then you should do pretty well. Total lasted about an hour and there is only one on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember there was one, sometimes you can use the same example to answer the different question, just state it from a different point of view.   Answer Question
    I had asked for more but they came up saying no.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oglesby, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oglesby, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

The hiring process is very thorough. You are interviewed by HR and then a warehouse superintendent.

Interview Questions
    When can you start? This job pays $XX per hour to start.

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in July 2010.

I was actually hired by a local grocery chain, but was kept on when Supervalu bought it out. I never had to go thru any type of interview process, but when our annual reviews came around I did have one pet peeve. We had to do a self evaluation which was extremely difficult for me-I thought my manager was a bit lazy in this regard.

Interview Questions
    • I guess one of the most difficult questions in general is when they ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years".   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

I got contacted for the open position. I knew the hiring manager and the interview process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so hard. mostly behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2010.

Submitted application to HR. Received a phone call for an interview with HR. Next step was a group interview within the department. Smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most difficult working relationship.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2013.

Phone interview. Initial face to face interview. Then final panel interview. No questions were hard to answer, Be confident, be yourself, and explain how you can help them. Very understanding people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly simple. You obviously need experience to apply for a position like the one I applied for. Be yourself and youll be alright.   Answer Question
    Very easy going. Made me feel like I was at home.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2011.

I started as a temporary employee through ProStaff, but being hired on full-time was a meeting with the category Director and telling him about my skills. I assume he also talked to my managers as a temporary employee.

Interview Questions
    • As I had been a temporary employee, most of the questions revolved around my work as a temp and the use of internal systems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Brief phone screen then on site with hiring manager

Interview Questions

Worked for SUPERVALU? Contribute to the Community!