SUPERVALU

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SUPERVALU in December 2009.

Initial Phone Interview to discuss experience from resume & communicated job roles, responsibilites, and expectations. Follow up email to set up an on-line assessment to complete prior to face to face. Followed up in 5 days for a face to face with Hiring Manager & HR Manager. Behavorial style interview. All went OK according to everyone, but company put the position on hold for now.

Interview Questions
    • Behavorial Questions towards - Thought Leadership, Personal Leadership   Answer Question
    • Behavorial Questions towards: Results Leadership, People Leadership, Technical Competencies   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2009.

I was working closely with them when I went in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • why i wanted to do what i interviewed for. Would I fit in. How much experience and what did i know about the job.   View Answer
    • Would I fit in   View Answer
    check on the life of the position being offered.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Univ of Northern Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Univ of Northern Colorado, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2010.

1:1 interview with Senior Manager, panel interviews with senior management team, personality and skills assessment and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of an emergency situation that you faced and how did I handle it?   View Answer
    Offer was better than I was expecting so I accepted it.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2012.

Having made the transition from a temporary employee to a full-time employee, the interview process was somewat laid out. Current management, will assit with resume reviews and conduct mock interviews if you request it.

If you are a new hire, the interview format will follow the SBO type of interview, first you will walk through your resume with your interviewer, then you will be asked a series of SBO questions. Many interviewers are looking for in-depth answers, not just an overview. In this instance, it is better to be more detailed than less, however, don't over load them with stories.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was how to phrase unpleasant working situations which had challenged me the most without bashing a former manager / employer.   Answer Question
    In this position there wasn't any negotiation, as I knew exactly what the salary was set at prior to applying.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU.

You will be called in for an interview if your skills match what they are looking for. The catch is that you will be called a Supplmental Worker. What this really meas is, if you screw up, and don't make you percentage, you will be let go.

The scary thing is, when you get the to the interview stage, it's with about eight people.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't a difficult question. You just need to remain calm under presure, and be as honest as poosible.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. they start everyone at the same pay.

SSG ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU.

Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Questions
    • What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation

Director of Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2013.

Typically positions are posted internally first. If the candidate pool is limited internally after a week or two, then the positions are also posted externally. Recruiters will screen candidates for relevant experience and cultural fit. Resume are shared with hiring manager. Selected candidates are then brought in for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour interview. Candidate may have more than one interview w/ different parties during the same visit. Candidate may need to come back for second interviews. Right before I left we also started adding online assessments to the process. Director level & up are required to go through a 1 1/2 day "mock" work scenario assessment hosted by an independently 3rd party before they can be made an offer. Process typically takes 6 weeks, but can vary dramatically depending on multiple factors.

Interview Questions
    • SUPERVALU does behavioral interviewing. Plan to bring real-life work examples of how you demonstrated customer service, made critical decisions, how you handled urgent priorities, and how you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

I got contacted for the open position. I knew the hiring manager and the interview process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so hard. mostly behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in July 2010.

I was actually hired by a local grocery chain, but was kept on when Supervalu bought it out. I never had to go thru any type of interview process, but when our annual reviews came around I did have one pet peeve. We had to do a self evaluation which was extremely difficult for me-I thought my manager was a bit lazy in this regard.

Interview Questions
    • I guess one of the most difficult questions in general is when they ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years".   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oglesby, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oglesby, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

The hiring process is very thorough. You are interviewed by HR and then a warehouse superintendent.

Interview Questions
    When can you start? This job pays $XX per hour to start.