SUPERVALU

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SUPERVALU in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview to discuss experience from resume & communicated job roles, responsibilites, and expectations. Follow up email to set up an on-line assessment to complete prior to face to face. Followed up in 5 days for a face to face with Hiring Manager & HR Manager. Behavorial style interview. All went OK according to everyone, but company put the position on hold for now.

Interview Questions

• Behavorial Questions towards - Thought Leadership, Personal Leadership   Answer Question
  • Behavorial Questions towards: Results Leadership, People Leadership, Technical Competencies   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was working closely with them when I went in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted to do what i interviewed for. Would I fit in. How much experience and what did i know about the job.   View Answer
  • Would I fit in   View Answer

Negotiation Details – check on the life of the position being offered.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Univ of Northern Colorado, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with Senior Manager, panel interviews with senior management team, personality and skills assessment and background check.

Interview Question – Give us an example of an emergency situation that you faced and how did I handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was better than I was expecting so I accepted it.

Order Selector Interview

Order Selector
Kenosha, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview Details – You will be called in for an interview if your skills match what they are looking for. The catch is that you will be called a Supplmental Worker. What this really meas is, if you screw up, and don't make you percentage, you will be let go.

The scary thing is, when you get the to the interview stage, it's with about eight people.

Interview Question – There really isn't a difficult question. You just need to remain calm under presure, and be as honest as poosible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. they start everyone at the same pay.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Business Support Specialist
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2012.

Interview Details – Having made the transition from a temporary employee to a full-time employee, the interview process was somewat laid out. Current management, will assit with resume reviews and conduct mock interviews if you request it.

If you are a new hire, the interview format will follow the SBO type of interview, first you will walk through your resume with your interviewer, then you will be asked a series of SBO questions. Many interviewers are looking for in-depth answers, not just an overview. In this instance, it is better to be more detailed than less, however, don't over load them with stories.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question was how to phrase unpleasant working situations which had challenged me the most without bashing a former manager / employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In this position there wasn't any negotiation, as I knew exactly what the salary was set at prior to applying.

SSG ANALYST Interview

SSG ANALYST
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview Details – Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Question – What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation

Retail Assisntant Interview

Retail Assisntant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SUPERVALU in November 2012.

Interview Details – In store job application form with straight forward questions, short informal interview with the management team. On the job training then followed with good health and safety training followed by mediocre IT training. Fresh food training and company ethos and values training was interesting if very short and could have been built on

Interview Question – How can you add to the overall objectives of the business   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chanhassen, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email the next day for a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and got another email from a different recruiter for an in person interview. Recruiter sent me a list of behavioral questions to prepare for and a more detailed job description.

In person interview was with a manager and director. Interviewers were on time and polite. Mostly behavioral interview questions were asked. Was told at the conclusion of the interview that the position was on hold and they gave me a date that a decision might be made. Followed up 2 weeks later with a voice mail to the recruiter. Received a rejection email the next day.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions throughout   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had to be persistent-there was no callback (only the automated "we received you application" email.) Found someone who worked there using Linkedin who gave me insight on company and managers in the area I was applying for. This was very helpful for preparing. Interviewed on phone first with hiring manager and hr rep. A week went by before getting a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with five different people (one hr, hiring manager, and three people position would be working closely with). All back to back. The questions were scripted- primarily situational e.g., "tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news". Everyone very friendly, made sure I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes-you can negotiate. I was able to indicate that although thrilled with the offer to join the team, the salary was a less than I was expecting. They responded they could,t meet my counter request, but countered with something in the middle, which I accepted.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Green Bay, WI

I applied through other source - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Initial face to face interview. Then final panel interview. No questions were hard to answer, Be confident, be yourself, and explain how you can help them. Very understanding people.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly simple. You obviously need experience to apply for a position like the one I applied for. Be yourself and youll be alright.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy going. Made me feel like I was at home.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SUPERVALU

Worked for SUPERVALU? Contribute to the Community!