SUPERVALU Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in December 2009.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview to discuss experience from resume & communicated job roles, responsibilites, and expectations. Follow up email to set up an on-line assessment to complete prior to face to face. Followed up in 5 days for a face to face with Hiring Manager & HR Manager. Behavorial style interview. All went OK according to everyone, but company put the position on hold for now.

Interview Questions

• Behavorial Questions towards - Thought Leadership, Personal Leadership   Answer Question
    • Behavorial Questions towards: Results Leadership, People Leadership, Technical Competencies   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Boise, ID) in April 2009.

Interview

I was working closely with them when I went in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted to do what i interviewed for. Would I fit in. How much experience and what did i know about the job.   1 Answer
    • Would I fit in   1 Answer

Negotiation

check on the life of the position being offered.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Univ of Northern Colorado, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Univ of Northern Colorado, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with Senior Manager, panel interviews with senior management team, personality and skills assessment and background check.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an emergency situation that you faced and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was better than I was expecting so I accepted it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2011.

Interview

First and second round phone interviews. In-person interviews included case analysis and presentation. Interview questions were challenging and designed to understand how you think and deal with ambiguity. The interview took place in 2009 and may not be relevant today.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

You will be called in for an interview if your skills match what they are looking for. The catch is that you will be called a Supplmental Worker. What this really meas is, if you screw up, and don't make you percentage, you will be let go. The scary thing is, when you get the to the interview stage, it's with about eight people.

Interview Questions

• There really isn't a difficult question. You just need to remain calm under presure, and be as honest as poosible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. they start everyone at the same pay.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

They use an SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) style interview. They will give you a list of competencies that are appropriate for the level of job you are seeking. (Make Sound Decisions, Act Strategically, Think Creatively, Manage Execution, Meet Customer Needs, etc). Then you need to give an example that fits the question they ask about that competency. Example: Meet Customer Needs - Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unhappy customer. Then you need to tell them what the situation was - what made the customer unhappy. What was your behavior or in other words what did you do to calm the customer and correct the situation. Last what was the outcome - was the customer happy, etc.

Negotiation

I did try but there was no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Having made the transition from a temporary employee to a full-time employee, the interview process was somewat laid out. Current management, will assit with resume reviews and conduct mock interviews if you request it. If you are a new hire, the interview format will follow the SBO type of interview, first you will walk through your resume with your interviewer, then you will be asked a series of SBO questions. Many interviewers are looking for in-depth answers, not just an overview. In this instance, it is better to be more detailed than less, however, don't over load them with stories.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was how to phrase unpleasant working situations which had challenged me the most without bashing a former manager / employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this position there wasn't any negotiation, as I knew exactly what the salary was set at prior to applying.

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

SSG ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Questions

• What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation

Retail Assisntant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2012.

Interview

In store job application form with straight forward questions, short informal interview with the management team. On the job training then followed with good health and safety training followed by mediocre IT training. Fresh food training and company ethos and values training was interesting if very short and could have been built on

Interview Questions

• How can you add to the overall objectives of the business   Answer Question