SUPERVALU

51 candidate interviews

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Oglesby, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very thorough. You are interviewed by HR and then a warehouse superintendent.

Interview Question – "Why shouldn't we hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When can you start? This job pays $XX per hour to start.

Specialist I Interview

Boise, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was actually hired by a local grocery chain, but was kept on when Supervalu bought it out. I never had to go thru any type of interview process, but when our annual reviews came around I did have one pet peeve. We had to do a self evaluation which was extremely difficult for me-I thought my manager was a bit lazy in this regard.

Interview Question – I guess one of the most difficult questions in general is when they ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years".   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got contacted for the open position. I knew the hiring manager and the interview process was very smooth.

Interview Question – The questions were not so hard. mostly behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Analyst Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application to HR. Received a phone call for an interview with HR. Next step was a group interview within the department. Smooth process.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult working relationship.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Green Bay, WI

I applied through other source - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Initial face to face interview. Then final panel interview. No questions were hard to answer, Be confident, be yourself, and explain how you can help them. Very understanding people.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly simple. You obviously need experience to apply for a position like the one I applied for. Be yourself and youll be alright.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy going. Made me feel like I was at home.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person - interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2011.

Interview Details – I started as a temporary employee through ProStaff, but being hired on full-time was a meeting with the category Director and telling him about my skills. I assume he also talked to my managers as a temporary employee.

Interview Question – As I had been a temporary employee, most of the questions revolved around my work as a temp and the use of internal systems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Interviewed at SUPERVALU

Interview Details – Brief phone screen then on site with hiring manager

Interview Question – Why would you want to move here   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2009.

Interview Details – Usually its a 2 stage interview process. Disitrict Manager and then Business unit director

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an offer letter

SSG Analyst Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview Details – Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Question – What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation

Director of Merchandising Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2013.

Interview Details – Typically positions are posted internally first. If the candidate pool is limited internally after a week or two, then the positions are also posted externally. Recruiters will screen candidates for relevant experience and cultural fit. Resume are shared with hiring manager. Selected candidates are then brought in for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour interview. Candidate may have more than one interview w/ different parties during the same visit. Candidate may need to come back for second interviews. Right before I left we also started adding online assessments to the process. Director level & up are required to go through a 1 1/2 day "mock" work scenario assessment hosted by an independently 3rd party before they can be made an offer. Process typically takes 6 weeks, but can vary dramatically depending on multiple factors.

Interview Question – SUPERVALU does behavioral interviewing. Plan to bring real-life work examples of how you demonstrated customer service, made critical decisions, how you handled urgent priorities, and how you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SUPERVALU

Worked for SUPERVALU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SUPERVALU interview questions and advice. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by SUPERVALU employees and interview candidates.