SUPERVALU

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.8

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2012.

Having made the transition from a temporary employee to a full-time employee, the interview process was somewat laid out. Current management, will assit with resume reviews and conduct mock interviews if you request it.

If you are a new hire, the interview format will follow the SBO type of interview, first you will walk through your resume with your interviewer, then you will be asked a series of SBO questions. Many interviewers are looking for in-depth answers, not just an overview. In this instance, it is better to be more detailed than less, however, don't over load them with stories.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was how to phrase unpleasant working situations which had challenged me the most without bashing a former manager / employer.   Answer Question
    In this position there wasn't any negotiation, as I knew exactly what the salary was set at prior to applying.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2011.

I started as a temporary employee through ProStaff, but being hired on full-time was a meeting with the category Director and telling him about my skills. I assume he also talked to my managers as a temporary employee.

Interview Questions
    • As I had been a temporary employee, most of the questions revolved around my work as a temp and the use of internal systems.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2011.

All questions are behavioral questions, if you prepared well with enough examples then you should do pretty well. Total lasted about an hour and there is only one on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember there was one, sometimes you can use the same example to answer the different question, just state it from a different point of view.   Answer Question
    I had asked for more but they came up saying no.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2011.

1 interview, in person with two people: Director and Manager.

Yes, I was able to negotiate. They offered me the lowest salary that I stated on my application, I countered with more pay and vacation and they accepted.

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at SUPERVALU in March 2011.

Overall a pleasant experience. Questions focused on certain key skills and experiences outlined for the recruiter by the hiring manager.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2011.

Various behaviorial interviews

Interview Questions
    • How many requisitions have you managed effectively at one time?   View Answer

Money

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

I got contacted for the open position. I knew the hiring manager and the interview process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so hard. mostly behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oglesby, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oglesby, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in August 2010.

The hiring process is very thorough. You are interviewed by HR and then a warehouse superintendent.

Interview Questions
    When can you start? This job pays $XX per hour to start.

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in July 2010.

I was actually hired by a local grocery chain, but was kept on when Supervalu bought it out. I never had to go thru any type of interview process, but when our annual reviews came around I did have one pet peeve. We had to do a self evaluation which was extremely difficult for me-I thought my manager was a bit lazy in this regard.

Interview Questions
    • I guess one of the most difficult questions in general is when they ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years".   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2010.

Describe a situation, your behavior, the outcome is the standard interview process. I had two interviews. One with Human Resources and one with the department account managers. Interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation and How you handled it with the customer   Answer Question