SUPERVALU

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Deployment Implemenatation Manager Interview

Corporate Deployment Implemenatation Manager
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an internal Director. I was looking for work and an old aquaitance was familiar with my work so he reached out to inform me of and opening on the communications team. I applied for that postion and was interviewed sevreral times and landed the job.

Interview Question – I think the questions around situations where I had failed. It is difficult to explain when you are not successful when much of my life I am strived to persevere obstacles and drive until you are a success.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You deal with the hiring Manager and he was very inflexible with changing the offer at all but I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation in the end.

Corporate Manager Interview

Corporate Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with the hiring Manager and another associate. I had an offer withing approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Typical behaviorable questions. Many of the questions were around conflict management techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took around 3 weeks because of approvals through the HR team.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chanhassen, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email the next day for a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and got another email from a different recruiter for an in person interview. Recruiter sent me a list of behavioral questions to prepare for and a more detailed job description.

In person interview was with a manager and director. Interviewers were on time and polite. Mostly behavioral interview questions were asked. Was told at the conclusion of the interview that the position was on hold and they gave me a date that a decision might be made. Followed up 2 weeks later with a voice mail to the recruiter. Received a rejection email the next day.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions throughout   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview, in person with two people: Director and Manager.

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. They offered me the lowest salary that I stated on my application, I countered with more pay and vacation and they accepted.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in March 2009.

Interview Details – Job posting site, three interviews, one with HR, two with IT representatives. Interviews with IT were technical interviews run by managers who were not up on technical skills that they were interviewing for which meant they had notes from someone on their team, but they should have had the person with the skill set in the interview so that they would understand if your answer was correct but stated in a way that only someone with the skill would understand.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about VBA for Excel coding when I was applying for a DotNet position where the requirement was for C#   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation it was a take as offered or not a all.

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Augusta, ME

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUPERVALU in July 2008.

Interview Details – It was over 12 years ago. I met with the pharmacy manager and a store director (manager) and after a week recieved the job offer. Human resources was not involved until training had been set up.The letter spelling out the job offer was a very nice touch. Actual date was July 2000

Interview Question – I do not remember.   Answer Question

Department Specialist I Interview

Department Specialist I
Hopkins, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview Details – HR Contacted me to schedule interview. E-mailed me the behavioral "competencies" and told me to study. Interviewed with 2 groups of 2 for about an hour and a half. Each group asked me 4 questions, one for each "competency". Didn't talk about qualifications or anything, strictly behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you gave someone the wrong information?

When were you faced with a problem or crisis that was not what it originally seemed?
  Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Univ of Northern Colorado, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with Senior Manager, panel interviews with senior management team, personality and skills assessment and background check.

Interview Question – Give us an example of an emergency situation that you faced and how did I handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was better than I was expecting so I accepted it.

Security Interview

Security
Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at SUPERVALU in March 2011.

Interview Details – Overall a pleasant experience. Questions focused on certain key skills and experiences outlined for the recruiter by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2011.

Interview Details – Various behaviorial interviews

Interview Question – How many requisitions have you managed effectively at one time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Money