SUPERVALU

SUPERVALU Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2008.

Had to be persistent-there was no callback (only the automated "we received you application" email.) Found someone who worked there using Linkedin who gave me insight on company and managers in the area I was applying for. This was very helpful for preparing. Interviewed on phone first with hiring manager and hr rep. A week went by before getting a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with five different people (one hr, hiring manager, and three people position would be working closely with). All back to back. The questions were scripted- primarily situational e.g., "tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news". Everyone very friendly, made sure I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us why you think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you did not deliver on expectations   Answer Question
Yes-you can negotiate. I was able to indicate that although thrilled with the offer to join the team, the salary was a less than I was expecting. They responded they could,t meet my counter request, but countered with something in the middle, which I accepted.