SUPERVALU Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

Produce Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was told that not only would I not be able to work in produce, I also would not be eligible for a position as clerk unless I changed my availability to every day, 6 AM to 2 AM. Even though I have several medications, sleep problems, and I knew that I would not be able to keep up a schedule like that, I was forced into it by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about the types of things that I had done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick process after being recruited. Phone interview with recruiter, then set up a interview with 2 separate people at SUPERVALU corporate office. Each interview took about 1 hour, and were very comfortable. Not hard questions, just personal and like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past experience that can translate to helping this company move forward   Answer Question

SSG ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Questions

• What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation

Director of Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Typically positions are posted internally first. If the candidate pool is limited internally after a week or two, then the positions are also posted externally. Recruiters will screen candidates for relevant experience and cultural fit. Resume are shared with hiring manager. Selected candidates are then brought in for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour interview. Candidate may have more than one interview w/ different parties during the same visit. Candidate may need to come back for second interviews. Right before I left we also started adding online assessments to the process. Director level & up are required to go through a 1 1/2 day "mock" work scenario assessment hosted by an independently 3rd party before they can be made an offer. Process typically takes 6 weeks, but can vary dramatically depending on multiple factors.

Interview Questions

• SUPERVALU does behavioral interviewing. Plan to bring real-life work examples of how you demonstrated customer service, made critical decisions, how you handled urgent priorities, and how you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Chanhassen, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day for a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and got another email from a different recruiter for an in person interview. Recruiter sent me a list of behavioral questions to prepare for and a more detailed job description. In person interview was with a manager and director. Interviewers were on time and polite. Mostly behavioral interview questions were asked. Was told at the conclusion of the interview that the position was on hold and they gave me a date that a decision might be made. Followed up 2 weeks later with a voice mail to the recruiter. Received a rejection email the next day.

Department Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

HR Contacted me to schedule interview. E-mailed me the behavioral "competencies" and told me to study. Interviewed with 2 groups of 2 for about an hour and a half. Each group asked me 4 questions, one for each "competency". Didn't talk about qualifications or anything, strictly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you gave someone the wrong information? When were you faced with a problem or crisis that was not what it originally seemed?   Answer Question

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Having made the transition from a temporary employee to a full-time employee, the interview process was somewat laid out. Current management, will assit with resume reviews and conduct mock interviews if you request it. If you are a new hire, the interview format will follow the SBO type of interview, first you will walk through your resume with your interviewer, then you will be asked a series of SBO questions. Many interviewers are looking for in-depth answers, not just an overview. In this instance, it is better to be more detailed than less, however, don't over load them with stories.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was how to phrase unpleasant working situations which had challenged me the most without bashing a former manager / employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this position there wasn't any negotiation, as I knew exactly what the salary was set at prior to applying.

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

I started as a temporary employee through ProStaff, but being hired on full-time was a meeting with the category Director and telling him about my skills. I assume he also talked to my managers as a temporary employee.

Interview Questions

• As I had been a temporary employee, most of the questions revolved around my work as a temp and the use of internal systems.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

All questions are behavioral questions, if you prepared well with enough examples then you should do pretty well. Total lasted about an hour and there is only one on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember there was one, sometimes you can use the same example to answer the different question, just state it from a different point of view.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had asked for more but they came up saying no.