SUSE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at SUSE

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at SUSE (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was recruited. It was a simple process, clear communication and follow up. I had about 5 interviews, two with peers and 3 with the management team. There wasn't a whole lot of negotiating the salary, but they do pay well if you can make your number. The HR and management team were great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about competition... strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUSE.

Interview

I wasn't exactly from this industry, but have very relevant skillsets; quite excited to have an interview with the hiring manager. However from the beginning, this person sounds rather detached, indifferent, and less interested. Since i was a bit rusted in interview, it took a bit longer in the "tell me about yourself" question, and the comment i got was quite sarcastic when i apologized for taking too long, "yeah, it took 15 minutes". How appalling! While it was my turn to ask questions, the answers i got were very brief, 2-3 sentences. My last question was about my less relevant industry, the answer was "yeah, we cannot rule out candidates w/o the industry experience, but if there's good fit candidates from the industry, we will likely choose him/her". Very obviously the interviewer had very little interest in my profile in the first place given my lack of industry experience. If that's the case, why on earth wasting my time on conducting this interview? I'd rather not take time preparing an interview as a run-with candidate. I took days to prepare for this interview but i was merely waste of time; bottom line, the interviewer is not such a person I'd like to work for, even if the firm has a good reputation.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUSE (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

Three interviewers introduced themselves. One of them told how the interviewing process works(1-2 interviews is normal). Then they asked to introduce myself. Then asked questions and after approximately 25 minutes they asked me a few more organisational questions like if I was willing to relocate, what salary did I want. Then they asked me if I had questions. At the 29th minute the HR said we needed to finish and the other questions could be sent via email. NOTE: I was NOT told that the interview was going to be technical. I was told it was just about my background without any preparation needed.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your experience with linux 2) Describe what happens from pushing the start button to entering the OS 3) What method do you use to learn new skills/ new things? 4) When does the kernel get loaded? 5) why are you interested in Suse? 6) how do you automatically startup services in linux? 7) How would you debug a non working service? 8) what is initial ram disk? 9) what is a loop device? 10) what is the difference between UDP and TCP protocols   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

The interview took place through a phone conference room and I berely hear the two persons asking questions. After more than 2 months not even an email received with the status of the interview. Almost every big company that recruits peoples are professional enough to give feedback. The questions does not belongs I the category of job I applied to.

Interview Questions

• One difference between TCP and UDP   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUSE in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website, reached out via email within 1 week to join a conference call with two persons: HR representative and a solution architect. Logged in the conference, and only the solution architect was there. Talked a bit about technical projects in the CV, waiting for the HR person to join. HR person joined late, and presented herself saying she did not have time, so to try to give short answers. Classical questions on product management, motivation, strength/weaknesses nothing particularly challenging.I did not shine, but I was definitely decent and polite with them. At the end of the call HR committed to let me know about the outcome via email/phone. After one week and no communication, I dropped an email. Had no response to my email or any other communication. Very poor interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUSE (Bangalore (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

It was the campus placement Interview. I had 3 interviews. 2 technical and 1 HR. I was asked mostly on C, Shell scripting and Algorithms. But yeah questions were tricky. Other than that they interviewed on my aptitude and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you change the extension of all .c files to .h in a given folder using shell script.   1 Answer