SWA Group

Profile Unclaimed

SWA Group Interview Questions

3.3

Landscape Designer/Intern Landscape Architect Interview

Portfolio is the most important part of recruitment. The employer will ask you to show them resume and portfolio first and then ask you a series questions about your projects to see how deep you understand the project and what thinking process of the projects is.

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SWA Group in January 2013.

Only one on-site interview. First, went through my resume and portfolio, asked a few questions about the projects I have done. Then, asked my career plan, behavior questions and visa status. Finally, asked where I live and if I could relocate. Pretty basic questions and process. Gave me a tour and met people around the office.

Interview Questions
    • When I was talking about my career plan, I mentioned I would like to be a project manager in the future. The recruiter seemed interested in this point and asked a little more about it. Other than that, the rest were all pretty basic and usual.   Answer Question

Landscape Architectural Designer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SWA Group in September 2011.

it is cool

Junior Landscape Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SWA Group in November 2008.

Two interviewers were fairly considering my experience, which is unusual for someone pursuing a landscape architect position (that is, it is not the traditional background - ie, BLA or MLA). One interviewer was very discouraging and skeptical. He also considered it a huge liability that I didn't already know Autocad, even though I was fluent with Vectorworks, and I knew that there was a junior working there already who was learning it. I eventually was hired with another firm and became fluent with Autocad within 2 months.