SWA Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Landscape Architect Interview

Landscape Architect
Sausalito, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SWA Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Only one on-site interview. First, went through my resume and portfolio, asked a few questions about the projects I have done. Then, asked my career plan, behavior questions and visa status. Finally, asked where I live and if I could relocate. Pretty basic questions and process. Gave me a tour and met people around the office.

Interview Question – When I was talking about my career plan, I mentioned I would like to be a project manager in the future. The recruiter seemed interested in this point and asked a little more about it. Other than that, the rest were all pretty basic and usual.   Answer Question

Landscape Architectural Designer Interview

Landscape Architectural Designer

The process took a day - interviewed at SWA Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – it is cool

Interview Questions

Junior Landscape Architect Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SWA Group in November 2008.

Interview Details – Two interviewers were fairly considering my experience, which is unusual for someone pursuing a landscape architect position (that is, it is not the traditional background - ie, BLA or MLA). One interviewer was very discouraging and skeptical. He also considered it a huge liability that I didn't already know Autocad, even though I was fluent with Vectorworks, and I knew that there was a junior working there already who was learning it. I eventually was hired with another firm and became fluent with Autocad within 2 months.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SWA Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SWA Group interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by SWA Group employees and interview candidates.