SWC Technology Partners

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners.

Interview Details – I found the process to be well organized and efficient. The HR team kept the process moving along and I was informed at each step.

Interview Question – What do you want to be when you grown up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable and quick

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners.

Interview Details – 1) Initial phone call qualification
-Briefly spoke about experience & goals, set up in-person interview
2) First round, in-person interview for a week later
-45 minute test to prove capabilities, interview with department head, interview with HR head, set up second round interview for a week later
3) Second round, in-person interview
-Hour interview with VP, 15 minute interview with President. Was told they would contact within the next week either way
4) Phone contact with offer (4 days after second round)
-Negotiated salary and offered position. Given 3 days to accept offer

Overall, very helpful in accommodating interview time(s)

Interview Question – Can you describe what SWC has to offer over competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone contact and open to negotiations. (very pleasant and did not feel like it was out of the question).

Very Easy Interview

Associate Engineer I Interview

Associate Engineer I
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners in December 2012.

Interview Details – Was called multiple times about possibly being a good candidate for the position. Interviewed for the position. Interviewed lasted about 2 hours. 45 minutes were spent sitting alone in a room waiting for the second person to arrive. At least they offered water. There was a Technical test provided, no multiple choice, all handwritten. Basic questions about Networking/Active Directory/Exchange...etc

I was told that I would be invited back for a second interview, which was scheduled for 3 weeks later. During the 3 weeks I researched the company. They seemed to present a young, up and coming positive attitude. They have tons of pictures of a little monkey in various locations. The two people I was scheduled to interview with had profiles on their website, as well as some history on places like LinkedIN. The position for Associate Engineer 1st Shift and Second Shift were up on various websites... Career Builder/Dice/LinkedIn.. however the job had a different salary range on each site... alternating between 40-65,000 based on experience to 45-60,000 based on experience.(Before first interview I had to fill out a application with salary expectations. I chose to put 65000 do to the fact that I had extremely valued certifications and work history/experience that qualified for that amount easily.)

I printed out the version they had on LinkedIN to avoid any confusion.

Second interview commenced and the first interviewer asked me "What job was I hear for again!?" Strike one. Once I told them, they stated "We have a lot of jobs like that" I promptly handed them the printout of the job. That seemed to catch them off guard. Interviewer #1 ask what salary expectations were and I told them that i was looking for around 65000, which is what they stated was the high end on the advertisement for the job and application. Interviewer asked me how I did on the test. I told them I didn't know because I wasn't informed. He told me he didn't know either. Strike 2... he had 3 weeks to prepare, or at least get a copy of the test to be able to find out during our interview.

After some chit-chat the interviewer passed me on to a second interviewer VP. We had a great discussion. Lead me to going to their HR person for a discussion on benefits. Once discussion was over, HR person asked what salary I was looking for. Once told 65,000 their face went from happy, to one of extreme discomfort. (I've never seen someone face change so extremely in my life) I was promptly told that I would be escorted out of the building and they would contact me. (I found this very unsettling. Why recruit with job boards with that salary being possible.. when its really not?)

3 Weeks passed and no word. Follow up email was sent. I was told that they were sorry for the delay and still evaluating. A week later I was told that unfortunately that I had not gotten the job. I got a position the next week somewhere else.

Researched the position and discovered the Associate Engineer position has been up for 5 months before I was contacted in late August 2012....

Its still up as of 5/3/2013. My interview was at the end of December 2012.

Have also noticed that there are multiple jobs that have been up for almost a year that they put up and take down. Do not think there was any chance of anyone being hired. There were also contradictions in each interviewers view on company.

During second interview the first interviewer said that they want someone with 3+ years of experience. During the HR benefit portion, after the salary question.. the HR person said that they normally only hire people fresh out of college with no experience, so they don't usually give the high end of the salary. They also stated that even if you have 8 years of experience in the real world, since they were so busy... as a manage service provider that 8 years only counts for 2 years there. So either way you were going to be hosed on your experience.

I do not believe this is a credible company, nor do I believe they are actively hiring for a vast majority of the jobs that they are recruiting for. It seems that getting resume's and contacts may be the goal... that's my opinion.. but that's based on about 5 months worth of thorough investigation and observation of this company.

If what they were selling was true, this would be a good place to work for... but nothing supports that they are hiring, nor believe in their mission statement. Very unfortunate!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at SWC Technology Partners

Interview Details – Awesome experience. Phone interview to start, then made it to the second in-person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to overcome something difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

Interviewed at SWC Technology Partners

Interview Details – Emailed in my resume, got asked for a phone interview. Didn't make the next round.

Interview Question – What is the most important aspect of a successful document?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Consultant Interview

Software Developer Consultant
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by LinkedIn from an HR rep and then by email later. One phone interview with another HR person who asked general interview questions about experience and salary expectation. The first in-person interview was with department manager and I was given a written test, which he went over with me afterwards. The second interview was with department manager who gave me a coding test, and I also met a vice president and president. I also went out with some developers for lunch. Then HR manager gave me a verbal offer in her office. According to my fellow developers, they all pretty much follow the same process. They tend to low ball by lowering your expected salary as a base and adding guaranteed incentives, saying that you will make more money than this. This is generally true.

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I wanted and how much I made (before). They also asked if I had any other pending offers. They gave me a verbal offer on the spot.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had a quick phone interview where they just asked me the basics and described the company and the job to me and than told me to come in for a in person interview. After I came in, I spoke to the marketing professional first, this lasted about 30 minutes, after this I spoke to the marketing manager in his office. We just talked about my past and small talk in general, after him I went to talk to the CEO in his office and he asked me if I'm a hard worker and just to talk about my college and job careers. After the CEO I talked to the HR manager about just my college and some projects we worked on in class. I got a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Oak Brook, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners in February 2012.

Interview Details – The assessment want you to write a recursive subroutine getting some values from a notional database (in any language). Also there was a question about Abstract Classes vs Interfaces, Describe one of the three OOP concepts in detail, a SQL query, and a question asking you to rank certain tasks (Is report design more important to maximize CPU time or to provide good interface for user, etc). In the live coding interview wanted to sort through an array of strings, with no internet available for reference.

Senior Exchange Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Exchange Systems Engineer
Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at SWC Technology Partners in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had two initial phone screens involving the HR person and the hiring manager. Went into the office to interview with the HR manager, hiring manager, another systems engineer, and the VP of Consulting, all very nice and very open people. Had a basic skills test administered by the HR person and graded by the hiring manager, which we discussed in his interview. Was kind of demeaning at this point in my career, but at the same time I should know it well enough by now to finish the test easily.

Second interview with the CEO one-on-one and to discuss the position in depth. Very nice guy, very sharp.

Interview Question – Basics of subnetting and subnet masks.   View Answer

Worked for SWC Technology Partners? Contribute to the Community!