SWCA

Very Easy Interview

Technical Editor Interview

Technical Editor

Interviewed at SWCA

Interview Details – Friendly, informative interview with one of the principals and one of the archaeologists.

Interview Question – What makes you excited about coming to work each morning?   Answer Question

Project Archaeologist

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SWCA.

Interview Details – Interview was standard corporate fair. Took weeks aand weeks to get a decision.

Interview Question – None- very standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. In fact, I ended up getting paid much less than they told me in the interview. I was under the impression I would be salaried, but they made me hourly and in the first year I made 7,000 less than what we discussed in the interview.

Very Easy Interview

GIS Technician Interview

GIS Technician
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SWCA in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed once and offered a temporary, contract employee position a few days later

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't budge off the low-ball offer they made to me.

GIS Specialist Interview

GIS Specialist
Pasadena, CA

I applied online - interviewed at SWCA in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied and got a response from the HR corporate recruiter about 2 months later. Had a 20 minute phone interview with HR recruiter. Then a couple weeks later had a panel interview 1 manager and 2 potential colleagues and 1 call-in person from another office. Also had to take a computer GIS exam that last about 1 hour after the panel interview.

Interview Question – Calculate acreage of disturbed land from a digitzed aerial photo.   Answer Question

Project Billing Specialist Interview

Project Billing Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SWCA in November 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted over 30 mins and consisted of speaking to HR regarding the position. I was asked a lot of technical skills questions as well as some behavioral questions. When asked about where I see myself in 5 years, I responded that I see myself in a managerial position, that did not fare too well. HR responded by saying that people there don't move around too much and you'll pretty much be doing what you're hired 'till maybe when someone dies or quit. Overall, seems like small office and no room for advancement or movement. The pay offered was well below industry standards.

Interview Question – How do you handle working with difficult people?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SWCA in January 2009.

Interview Details – SWCA Recruiter called me and got my attention. I have no idea where he got my name and number but he knew all about my work experience. Scheduled phone screen which got me excited. Company sounded great and seemed like a great opportunity. Then interviewed with a bunch of peers and supervisor. Recruiter followed up with me several times to see where I was in the my search.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult experience with a peer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter made me an offer and sold me on it. I think I could have gotten more.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SWCA in April 2010.

Interview Details – very in depth phone screen, very quick in person with not real good in depth questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough cash

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SWCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SWCA interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by SWCA employees and interview candidates.