SWCA

www.swca.com

SWCA Interview Questions

2.4

Technical Editor Interview

Friendly, informative interview with one of the principals and one of the archaeologists.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you excited about coming to work each morning?   Answer Question

Project Archaeologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SWCA.

Interview was standard corporate fair. Took weeks aand weeks to get a decision.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. In fact, I ended up getting paid much less than they told me in the interview. I was under the impression I would be salaried, but they made me hourly and in the first year I made 7,000 less than what we discussed in the interview.

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online – interviewed at SWCA in June 2012.

Applied and got a response from the HR corporate recruiter about 2 months later. Had a 20 minute phone interview with HR recruiter. Then a couple weeks later had a panel interview 1 manager and 2 potential colleagues and 1 call-in person from another office. Also had to take a computer GIS exam that last about 1 hour after the panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate acreage of disturbed land from a digitzed aerial photo.   Answer Question

Project Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SWCA in November 2011.

The phone interview lasted over 30 mins and consisted of speaking to HR regarding the position. I was asked a lot of technical skills questions as well as some behavioral questions. When asked about where I see myself in 5 years, I responded that I see myself in a managerial position, that did not fare too well. HR responded by saying that people there don't move around too much and you'll pretty much be doing what you're hired 'till maybe when someone dies or quit. Overall, seems like small office and no room for advancement or movement. The pay offered was well below industry standards.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SWCA in April 2011.

Interviewed once and offered a temporary, contract employee position a few days later

Interview Questions
    They wouldn't budge off the low-ball offer they made to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SWCA in April 2010.

very in depth phone screen, very quick in person with not real good in depth questions.

Not enough cash

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SWCA in January 2009.

SWCA Recruiter called me and got my attention. I have no idea where he got my name and number but he knew all about my work experience. Scheduled phone screen which got me excited. Company sounded great and seemed like a great opportunity. Then interviewed with a bunch of peers and supervisor. Recruiter followed up with me several times to see where I was in the my search.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult experience with a peer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Recruiter made me an offer and sold me on it. I think I could have gotten more.