SYKES

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SYKES in July 2012.

Interview Details – Someone from Sykes called on a Saturday morning. But apart from that, they called meto schedule an interview for a position they knew was well below what I wanted. I was very disappointed also when the recruiter asked what my salary expectations are. I discuss this with senior management after knowing exactly what the job description is.
The recruiter was also extremely rude when I asked why she disturbed me on a Saturday.
I concluded the conversation by telling her that she is wasting both her time and mine as 1. It is weekend and 2. In which era would you expect that if I work on a senior management position already, I would change my job for an entry-level position. I'm sorry, have I missed something? Are we going backwards here?

Extremely disappointed by Sykes recruitment team! Needless to say I am not considering that company anymore.

Interview Question – Salary expectations. It was a preliminary phone interview   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Shitty salary, rude recruiters, an all over know-it-all attitude... Just looked like a horrible work environment!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – The interview with HR was not very specific about the position, just a general assessment that you are a qualified candidate. Next step of interview process was with someone who would later become a peer so they could assess your skill level and determine if you had the knowledge you represented on your resume. Once you get an interview with senior leadership it's very laid back, not an organized Q&A or situational based interview.

Interview Question – I was asked if I knew about a recent merger the company had gone through and importance was placed on my knowledge of recent news about the companies business direction.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated relocation package, not much room to negotiate salary from offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES Account Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees and interview candidates.