SYKES

www.sykes.com
  www.sykes.com

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

The interview with HR was not very specific about the position, just a general assessment that you are a qualified candidate. Next step of interview process was with someone who would later become a peer so they could assess your skill level and determine if you had the knowledge you represented on your resume. Once you get an interview with senior leadership it's very laid back, not an organized Q&A or situational based interview.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked if I knew about a recent merger the company had gone through and importance was placed on my knowledge of recent news about the companies business direction.   View Answer
Negotiated relocation package, not much room to negotiate salary from offer.

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2012.

Someone from Sykes called on a Saturday morning. But apart from that, they called meto schedule an interview for a position they knew was well below what I wanted. I was very disappointed also when the recruiter asked what my salary expectations are. I discuss this with senior management after knowing exactly what the job description is.
    The recruiter was also extremely rude when I asked why she disturbed me on a Saturday.
    I concluded the conversation by telling her that she is wasting both her time and mine as 1. It is weekend and 2. In which era would you expect that if I work on a senior management position already, I would change my job for an entry-level position. I'm sorry, have I missed something? Are we going backwards here?

Extremely disappointed by Sykes recruitment team! Needless to say I am not considering that company anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations. It was a preliminary phone interview   View Answer

Shitty salary, rude recruiters, an all over know-it-all attitude... Just looked like a horrible work environment!