SYKES

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

Interview Details – The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SYKES in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is easy but time consuming . The first step is the online application process lasting approximately forty five minutes .If the online application is accepted you will be called for an interview and typing test at the call center location . The final determination for employment will be made and if hired a drug test and background check will be required .

Interview Question – How would you describe your most difficult customer interaction and how did you resolve their issue .   Answer Question

Sumter, SC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SYKES in February 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online through their website. I received a call regarding the days and times I could work. I explained any, but I attended one class, two nights a week. I was immediately turned down. I emailed HR and shared my opinion how their company would not want to work with an individual to better themselves by attending college at night, and was turned down immediately due to this. Sometime later, I attended a job fair. Afterwards, I was hired. I was not told what my job responsibilities would be...I ended up asking the day before I started. It was a very poor managed hiring process. They first told me I would work for one client, then changed it. The starting date changed twice.

Interview Question – They did not ask any difficult or unexpected questions, just general quesions, typical of an interview of their company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negtiation whatsoever. They told you the pay and there was no changing it.

Greenwood, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in August 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was with about 4 people. Two HR and a few Managers, asked several basic customer service behavioroul questions, and other questions such as "giving an example of an angry customer yelling at you, and turning it around into a positive situation and the customer leaving satisfied?"

Interview Question – Honestly, there was no difficult questions, it was very bland and easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't a negotiation, it was more of you take what we give you, don't like it oh well kind of thing. They offered 9.00/hour then after 6 months bump up the pay .50. Been on a hiring freeze for two years now.

Kingstree, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview and it was terrible because I was so nervous

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw your friend destroying school property?
Name a time you were pressured?
Why should we hire you?
What would you do if you had a problem with a co-worker?
  Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SYKES in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online. Had to take a virtual call center test, and answer several questions. Received email to schedule interview. Was offered the job on the first interview. Interview was very easy.

Interview Question – All questions were very easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You take the position as it is offered.

Milton Freewater, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in December 2008.

Interview Details – One interview, hired. It is a small town and they have a bad reputation and it is hard for them to find people because of their bad reputation.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was the standard salary for everyone.

Tampa, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in May 2012.

Interview Details – Total of 2 interviews and the entire hiring process was rather pleasant, did not become unbearable until after the training phase.

Interview Question – This company has no clue on how to operate computers and their IT departments are not too knowledgeable either.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay is non-negotiable, each make 9.50 an hour.

Langhorne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer went over my resume. He seemed to be very impressed with my past work history. He asked me questions about my past employment and told me the nature of the job I was applying for, salary, and paid time off He also told me about other incentives and told me when the next training date was for new hires.

Greenwood, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in June 2009.

Interview Details – it was quick and easy i like how great it was

Interview Question – how fast can you type   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees and interview candidates.