SYKES Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

The entire process was very quick and easy. I applied in person and received an interview the same day. Everyone was very easy to talk to and answered any questions that I asked them. Once you complete all of the necessary steps the rest was very quick. I was from out of state and was still able to start the training class even though my background check was taking longer to come in. It was very convenient.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

You are interviewed in a group because they already know they are going to hire you. You pay for your own background check and are not reimbursed. The interview is just a formality and you the things you are required to do never come into play. Then when they have you wanting the job, they tell you about paying for your own background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask about career goals that they will never be able to meet for any individual unless your goal is to be shuffled from Supervisor to Supervisor and given different expectations from each of them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

My first interview was a group interview online even though I applied for an onsite position. There was only me and two others in this particular group. We had to login to the chat and then phone in to the conference call, but remain on mute while the recruiter gave us an overview of the position, pay, training schedule and hours. After she was done with the presentation, she opened the floor for questions. After the Q&A, we were put into individual chat rooms where we were presented with a set of interview questions and a 7th bonus question where we had to sell ourselves for why we should be hired.Before starting, we were told to drop off the phone and we had 45 minutes to write our answers. When the 45 minutes were up, we dialed back into the conference and each person had to read off a given question and the answer they provided. I think this was mostly to hear how we sounded on the phone. Once that part was done, we were told to hang up again and we would be put back in out individual chats where we would see if we were selected to move forward with the hiring process or not. I was able to move on to a face-to-face interview the very next day. The second interview was more or less to put a face to the name and to get a better feel for my personality and see if I was really going to be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were unable to accomplish a customer's request. What did you do after you informed the customer you were unable to complete their request? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you did not understand what a customer was trying to communicate. What did you do after the customer finished describing their request? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • You receive a call from a ver angry customer who explains that their child spent $300 online to purchase items without their knowledge. How would you diffuse the angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES (East Birmingham, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply on their website, they will send you different jobs according to your resume, you choose which jobs fits you best, pick interview day and time (slim options), do a group interview, if you get selected for a second interview you do that one as well, both interviews could last up to 3 hours depending on how many people are in your group interview, they will call after the computer interview and talk to you to see is your voice worthy of working for that company, and then you'll just wait and see if they'll put you back into the job pool if you did not get the job .......

Interview Questions

• Experience, what would you do in certain situations dealing with an angry customer, and why do you want to work from this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the work @ home position. After answering a few questions about my experience I was given a choice to choose which time & day to do the interview the same day. My interview was set approx 5 days later. I was told via email to complete 3 tasks before the interview upload a screenshot of my PC Specs, Performance & Internet Speed and prepare to answer 3 questions 1. How did you handle difficult a customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info) . At the time of the interview there were 28 other people getting interviewed in a Adobe chat room with one interviewer which was very nice. She 1st explained the position, pay and available shifts, each time she asked if this was a position you would be interested in. If you declined she would ask you to disconnect from the phone call. at this time about 3 people dropped out. She mentioned since there were a lot of people that she would just ask each person where they are from and what type of customer service experience they had. After this 18 people were chosen and hired. So none of the questions were asked. Just in case Have it ready in advance. The Blue sky project is just one of many clients they.. so it could be anything you get according to your experience. This position is Technical Support. FYI training pay is your state's min wage, once you go into production base pay is $9.00 per hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you handle a difficult customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info FYI it's Pearson's Blue Sky) .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Sykes provided a job fair in my town. They are opening up a brand new call center here. Everyone in town was there. They had presceen interviews, then the main interview from there you were either hired or told they would get in touch. I was hired on the spot. The interview process was pretty simple, and the recruiters seemed friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got the online/phone interview, answered questions then me and another girl got kicked out, I honestly think they are looking to hire more males than females. I was told nothing but females are there now.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how to go about looking up problems regarding PlayStation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial group interview with approximately 20 others in an Adobe virtual meeting room. Poll questions are posed to the group to determine if you continue. I opted out early due to the low wage for this position. At this point, I will be added back into the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers to what is Project Blue Sky (they ask you to google it) and they mean Pearson's Project Blue Sky specifically.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wise, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date. Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.