SYKES

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in November 2011.

Interview Details – The company's call center location in Amherst NY offers open interviews monday through friday. I initially was required to fill out a paper application with standard info name, address ,work experience, education., etc. You then take a computer simulated test calls to whether you will be able to be successful in a call center environment. There was also a personality & aptitude exam. Based on results you will get an offer on the spot. You then are given an oral swab drug test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for sykes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate. Set starting pay with annual merit increase

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a customer service work at home position on 07/31/14. I received an email in regards to an interview the same day 07/31/2014. I scheduled interview for Saturday, August 2. It was a virtual interview where you had to log onto an adobe connect room and call in on a conference line as well. First they start off by asking you what kind of Windows you had. And if you answered no to the question they took you out of the room and added your application into a pool of different job opportunities. Then the recruiter advised everyone of the position and certain things that you would need. The recruiter asked a series of poll questions that popped up on the screen and if it wasn't a fit for you then your application was put into a pool for different job opportunities. The question process was about 5 questions long and then you had to do a technical question that showed that you knew how to use a computer. One of the interview questions were tell me about a time that you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it, and what steps did you take. The technical task just asked for you to take screen shots of your computer settings, for example your windows version, internet explorer version, and how fast your internet is. The interview was supposed to last 2 hours, but it was like 3 in a half, because I was offered the position the exact same day. It was a pretty easy interview and the recruiter was extremely nice.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions, but they do ask you questions with a link to where you can find the answer. You have to dig pretty deep to find the answer to the question though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay rate was set!!!

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2011.

Interview Details – At the time I applied they were still working with the paper application. After going by the office and picking up the application I filled it out there. Interviewed just a few short days later one hiring manager and then they tested my phone and listening skills by doing a mock call. Also they tested my typing speed followed by the standard drug test.

Interview Question – The only difficulty I experience right off was handling the first incoming call and remembering to stay calm and confident.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Question – Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Sumter, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details – Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Question – A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation although I had no experience

Fort Smith, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice in one day. It was a painless process. Seemed like they were more interested in the timeliness of my answers instead of what I said. Were very friendly.

Interview Question – Name a time when you didn't agree with the way a coworker performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation starting pay is 9.75/hr

Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – I recieved a call for an interview so i scheduled it and all of the following took place at time of interview (one day), one interview, computer test, final supervisor screening and onsite drug test

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!