SYKES Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial group interview with approximately 20 others in an Adobe virtual meeting room. Poll questions are posed to the group to determine if you continue. I opted out early due to the low wage for this position. At this point, I will be added back into the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers to what is Project Blue Sky (they ask you to google it) and they mean Pearson's Project Blue Sky specifically.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wise, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date.

Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. **Be sure to follow directions.** you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Langhorne, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contact you through email 1st. CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL. Online 1st interview through adobe room. The recruiter tells you all of the expectations of the job, which is fantastic! what the ROP is and what hours you will be required to work. if you pass the virtual interview you will be scheduled for a face to face interview with a supervisor. you will have an opportunity to listen to calls to get a feel for what life in a call center is really like. if you pass the face to face interview you will have to pass a drug test. and complete online forms before you can begin. they start new hires as a class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Very easy questions, and simple process. I received the first phone call to offer the interview. The second call was with a manager, lastly the group interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online for Sykes at about 11 am. By 5pm I was called to set up an interview.

Interview 1:
    The first interview is what is called an Optimized interview. In this interview you are directed to sign into a website. This website is a chat room with an adobe slideshow. Upon entering the chat room, you are directed to call a number. You enter the conference number and press #. Then you enter the rooms password, and press # again. Once you enter the call, you are directed to mute your phone.

When your interview time rolls around, there are several other people in the conference call and chat room.

The interviewer will then go over the basics of compensation, time requirements, and what is expected. During this process, you get several pop ups asking whether you do or do not accept what is offered. You are then directed to hang up.

After that, the interviewer will then place you in a breakaway room. While you are in this room, you are on your own. On your screen will be a few different questions. You are given about 20 minutes to type out answers to the questions. When you are finished, and the 20 minutes are up, you will then be put back into the main chat room, and directed to call the same number, with a different conference number and password.

After everyone has reconnected, the interviewer will go down the list of names and have you each read off your answer to one of the questions. When the interviewer has heard from everyone left in the chat room they will then go into another breakaway room. On your screen where you had typed your answers will be information on scheduling another interview if you made it that far.

If you did this interview on site, you will quickly be pulled to the front desk and scheduled for an interview the same day if possible. You don't even get the chance to read whats on your screen and let it sink in. If you are off site, they offer an interview a few days later.

Interview 2:
    This is where the face to face interview comes into play. Myself, I was interviewed by 2 of the managers. One sat off to the side while the other asked questions.

Some of the questions that I remember are:
    Why do you want to work for Sykes?
    Is there anything else that was not on your resume that you would like to tell us about? (Job wise, extra qualifications)
    Do you have a cell phone? Try to sell it to me.
    What is necessary to be a good Salesperson?

There were about 15 other questions to their interview. They went through this part of the interview rather quickly, cutting me off mid sentence in some parts.

If you get the 'We'll call you back in 2-3 days' it is quite likely you will get a call or an email saying something similar to this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time recently to speak with us regarding our need for a Customer Service Representative with Upsell Support. We enjoyed speaking with you and appreciated your patience throughout our search process.

While we were very impressed with your qualifications, we are focusing now on candidates who have the skills we believe more closely match what we are looking for in the position.

SYKES will be glad to keep your resume on file should we become aware of any other appropriate positions in the near future we will contact you. I would also encourage you to visit our website as new positions become available.

Thank you again for your interest and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Best Regards,"

If you did get the position, congratulations! I'm sure the second manager will take your ID, get your information filled out, and have you sign your paperwork. They hire you straight out of your 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you excelled in a purely performance based environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly simple. You apply, they contact you in a mass interview and weed out the weak ones, then you do some assessments, then it is a face to face followed by offer or the door.

Interview Questions

• By far, because the turnover is high here, it would have to be "Why do you want to work for Sykes?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied for the position on the company website. After completing the assessment, I was contacted several days later for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, which lasted little over two hours. You're given an email link to a net meeting and then a phone number to call. You are told to mute your phone during the interview. Then a moderator asked several yes or no questions and based on those questions you were illuminated from the pool of applicants. Toward the end, the remaining applicants are asked four situational questions and are given a task that shows your basic computer skills. After that, each remaining applicant is asked to read one of the questions that they answered. If you're successful during this interview, you are offered the position and then asked to participate in a second interview which follows the same format and lasts for over two hours. Then everyone who agrees to work the hours needed for the pay stated gets a job provided their home office meets the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explain to a customer the advantages of a smart phone versus a basic cell phone?   Answer Question

Pay was too low.