SYKES

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Sumter, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details – Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Question – A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation although I had no experience

Fort Smith, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice in one day. It was a painless process. Seemed like they were more interested in the timeliness of my answers instead of what I said. Were very friendly.

Interview Question – Name a time when you didn't agree with the way a coworker performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation starting pay is 9.75/hr

Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – I recieved a call for an interview so i scheduled it and all of the following took place at time of interview (one day), one interview, computer test, final supervisor screening and onsite drug test

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SYKES in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online app, one phone call asking to come in for interview. They bring in around 25 people at once, only interview 5 out them as they have already selected the people they want based off of the online details. At that point if you are one of the lucky picked ones, you start hire paperwork. The interviewer asked two questions. Drugs? Convictions? If no to both they sent you back to doing paperwork and doing the drug test there in the room.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

Interview Details – The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SYKES in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is easy but time consuming . The first step is the online application process lasting approximately forty five minutes .If the online application is accepted you will be called for an interview and typing test at the call center location . The final determination for employment will be made and if hired a drug test and background check will be required .

Interview Question – How would you describe your most difficult customer interaction and how did you resolve their issue .   Answer Question

Sumter, SC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SYKES in February 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online through their website. I received a call regarding the days and times I could work. I explained any, but I attended one class, two nights a week. I was immediately turned down. I emailed HR and shared my opinion how their company would not want to work with an individual to better themselves by attending college at night, and was turned down immediately due to this. Sometime later, I attended a job fair. Afterwards, I was hired. I was not told what my job responsibilities would be...I ended up asking the day before I started. It was a very poor managed hiring process. They first told me I would work for one client, then changed it. The starting date changed twice.

Interview Question – They did not ask any difficult or unexpected questions, just general quesions, typical of an interview of their company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negtiation whatsoever. They told you the pay and there was no changing it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees and interview candidates.