SYKES

2.4

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

I initially applied online for Sykes at about 11 am. By 5pm I was called to set up an interview.

Interview 1:
The first interview is what is called an Optimized interview. In this interview you are directed to sign into a website. This website is a chat room with an adobe slideshow. Upon entering the chat room, you are directed to call a number. You enter the conference number and press #. Then you enter the rooms password, and press # again. Once you enter the call, you are directed to mute your phone.

When your interview time rolls around, there are several other people in the conference call and chat room.

The interviewer will then go over the basics of compensation, time requirements, and what is expected. During this process, you get several pop ups asking whether you do or do not accept what is offered. You are then directed to hang up.

After that, the interviewer will then place you in a breakaway room. While you are in this room, you are on your own. On your screen will be a few different questions. You are given about 20 minutes to type out answers to the questions. When you are finished, and the 20 minutes are up, you will then be put back into the main chat room, and directed to call the same number, with a different conference number and password.

After everyone has reconnected, the interviewer will go down the list of names and have you each read off your answer to one of the questions. When the interviewer has heard from everyone left in the chat room they will then go into another breakaway room. On your screen where you had typed your answers will be information on scheduling another interview if you made it that far.

If you did this interview on site, you will quickly be pulled to the front desk and scheduled for an interview the same day if possible. You don't even get the chance to read whats on your screen and let it sink in. If you are off site, they offer an interview a few days later.

Interview 2:
This is where the face to face interview comes into play. Myself, I was interviewed by 2 of the managers. One sat off to the side while the other asked questions.

Some of the questions that I remember are:
Why do you want to work for Sykes?
Is there anything else that was not on your resume that you would like to tell us about? (Job wise, extra qualifications)
Do you have a cell phone? Try to sell it to me.
What is necessary to be a good Salesperson?

There were about 15 other questions to their interview. They went through this part of the interview rather quickly, cutting me off mid sentence in some parts.

If you get the 'We'll call you back in 2-3 days' it is quite likely you will get a call or an email saying something similar to this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time recently to speak with us regarding our need for a Customer Service Representative with Upsell Support. We enjoyed speaking with you and appreciated your patience throughout our search process.

While we were very impressed with your qualifications, we are focusing now on candidates who have the skills we believe more closely match what we are looking for in the position.

SYKES will be glad to keep your resume on file should we become aware of any other appropriate positions in the near future we will contact you. I would also encourage you to visit our website as new positions become available.

Thank you again for your interest and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Best Regards,"

If you did get the position, congratulations! I'm sure the second manager will take your ID, get your information filled out, and have you sign your paperwork. They hire you straight out of your 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time where you excelled in a purely performance based environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

The hiring process is fairly simple. You apply, they contact you in a mass interview and weed out the weak ones, then you do some assessments, then it is a face to face followed by offer or the door.

Interview Questions
    • By far, because the turnover is high here, it would have to be "Why do you want to work for Sykes?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in November 2014.

Application worked beautifully, I experienced none of the issues I had read about online, either here or in other forums. I took about 1 1/2 hours to complete the application and got an interview scheduled for 2 days later. The interview I participated in was through a meeting style chat room. Looking forward to becoming a proud employee of the Sykes Company.

Interview Questions
    • What made a job easier and more difficult in the past?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

really easy to get an offer. they seemed to be really desperate at the time to hire people. I have heard alot of bad things however. if you are looking to get a quick job this is prolly the place to go.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were very basic. nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

I really enjoyed the interview process. It was virtual and really cut and dry. Basically it is all done online, you and other potential employees are in a adobe flash room where the interviewer conducts a group interview. You all get a number to call and they ask questions and also see how you navigate around a computer. At the end, if they give you another number to call, you're hired. Then the second interview is face-to-face, where they just ask personality trait questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

I applied for a customer service work at home position on 07/31/14. I received an email in regards to an interview the same day 07/31/2014. I scheduled interview for Saturday, August 2. It was a virtual interview where you had to log onto an adobe connect room and call in on a conference line as well. First they start off by asking you what kind of Windows you had. And if you answered no to the question they took you out of the room and added your application into a pool of different job opportunities. Then the recruiter advised everyone of the position and certain things that you would need. The recruiter asked a series of poll questions that popped up on the screen and if it wasn't a fit for you then your application was put into a pool for different job opportunities. The question process was about 5 questions long and then you had to do a technical question that showed that you knew how to use a computer. One of the interview questions were tell me about a time that you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it, and what steps did you take. The technical task just asked for you to take screen shots of your computer settings, for example your windows version, internet explorer version, and how fast your internet is. The interview was supposed to last 2 hours, but it was like 3 in a half, because I was offered the position the exact same day. It was a pretty easy interview and the recruiter was extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, but they do ask you questions with a link to where you can find the answer. You have to dig pretty deep to find the answer to the question though.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay rate was set!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Questions
    • Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   View Answer
    no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Questions
    • A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question
    No negotiation although I had no experience