SYKES

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2011.

Interview Details – At the time I applied they were still working with the paper application. After going by the office and picking up the application I filled it out there. Interviewed just a few short days later one hiring manager and then they tested my phone and listening skills by doing a mock call. Also they tested my typing speed followed by the standard drug test.

Interview Question – The only difficulty I experience right off was handling the first incoming call and remembering to stay calm and confident.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Question – Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sumter, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details – Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Question – A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation although I had no experience

Fort Smith, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice in one day. It was a painless process. Seemed like they were more interested in the timeliness of my answers instead of what I said. Were very friendly.

Interview Question – Name a time when you didn't agree with the way a coworker performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation starting pay is 9.75/hr

Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details – I recieved a call for an interview so i scheduled it and all of the following took place at time of interview (one day), one interview, computer test, final supervisor screening and onsite drug test

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SYKES in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online app, one phone call asking to come in for interview. They bring in around 25 people at once, only interview 5 out them as they have already selected the people they want based off of the online details. At that point if you are one of the lucky picked ones, you start hire paperwork. The interviewer asked two questions. Drugs? Convictions? If no to both they sent you back to doing paperwork and doing the drug test there in the room.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

Interview Details – The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!