SYKES Home

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

1.9

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at SYKES Home in December 2014.

The online assessments are rather long and appear to be irrelevant for what is offered. You are not able to correct spelling while typing within a word during a typing test. I have taken many of which are more compatible that this one. You listen to several voices reading text and state if you would "love to talk to them", dislike to talk to them or would not mind. Not sure what the relevance is for this. Some people are obviously more professional sounding than others, but why ask if you would love or dislike talking to them?
    I turned down one position displayed and accepted the next on the screen. But the interview was scheduled at a bad time so I was not able to attend.
    The biggest turn off I experienced was being advised the positions paid minimum wage for training which lasted weeks. One position lasted a month. Pay rates are posted but state they may vary upon the area they are given?
    I was looking for work for them as a part time supplemental income opportunity, but Sykes appears to very inflexible and disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical day if you were living where you have been orbiting Saturn for 5 years. Seriously?
      And how would the world be the same and different if everyone could fly.
      Fill in the blank sentences which several words given and you have to assign the correct number to correspond to the blank where the word belongs. Sounds easy but some questions were rather lengthy and tedious.
      Look at a series of lego type structures and select if they are the same or different. They are displayed at various angles so it is hard to make a decision at times.

Answer Question

Did not attend interview.

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES Home.

I applied for the position on the company website. After completing the assessment, I was contacted several days later for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, which lasted little over two hours. You're given an email link to a net meeting and then a phone number to call. You are told to mute your phone during the interview. Then a moderator asked several yes or no questions and based on those questions you were illuminated from the pool of applicants. Toward the end, the remaining applicants are asked four situational questions and are given a task that shows your basic computer skills. After that, each remaining applicant is asked to read one of the questions that they answered. If you're successful during this interview, you are offered the position and then asked to participate in a second interview which follows the same format and lasts for over two hours. Then everyone who agrees to work the hours needed for the pay stated gets a job provided their home office meets the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a customer the advantages of a smart phone versus a basic cell phone?   Answer Question

Pay was too low.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES Home in November 2014.

Ridiculous?, way to much aggravation for seasonal, the computer requirement portion was overkill and frustrating- take a picture of this and give make and model of that, my Goodness way to much. They didn't care If I stayed or go anyway all that and then no hours-save you time folks!!!

none

Telecommunications Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES Home.

I applied online via there website and then received constant correspondence about a week later. Once I logged back in to check available jobs, I was able to see what was available based on my preferences. Once you press accept job offer, you have a calendar pop up and schedule an interview. They are group interviews set up in two hour blocks of time. You get an access code to an adobe connect room where you can be in the interview with approx 20 others in average. You call in a conference number and wait on mute until you are called to give in a response to a question you are asked to one of 3 questions you are asked answers. An easy to follow computer skills test is also given and you have about 25 minutes to do it then call back into the conference call.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a customer situation where it was extremely difficult to understand the customer because of his or her accent?   Answer Question

I could not accept the training periods required for the position. They require 100% attendance for training, nesting and 30 days after you start work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES Home.

Filled out an app online,set up an interview for the following day. It was really simple,just had to do 2 task and answer a few pole questions. It was about 2 hours long

Interview Questions
    • Could you be available to work anywhere from 2 p.m to midnight?   Answer Question

Couldn't be available as much as they needed me to be

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES Home.

Applied online, normal process ending in an online assessment.

**Online Assessment* Seems a bit unnecessary to be 9 sections long. Test basically test wpm in 45-70sec spurts aswell as lots of "like me"-"not like me" questions.

Interview Questions
    • (Timed response questions)
      1.What would change and be different in a world where everyone could fly?
      2. You spent 5 years circling Saturn. Describe your typical day?

Answer Question

Work At Home Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES Home in September 2014.

I applied online. Then they have you take an hour long test to help match you to jobs that are available. I was matched to 3 jobs, and was able to read through the descriptions, training procedures, and view the work schedule options for each job. After doing so, I was able to choose which job I preferred. Then I was able to schedule my interview. The job I selected only interviewed on weekends, so I selected Sunday morning at 8 a.m. They sent information about the interview. It would be a group interview by phone and Adobe Connect. They also sent links so you could make sure your computer would run the Adobe Connect. Mine needed an update, and then I was able to access Adobe Connect. They were going to use Adobe to run a computer skills assessment. It was recommended to log into your Adobe Connect interview 'room' 10 minutes early, so I did. I was then put into what I will call a waiting room. It said I could not access the room until the host (the interviewer) came online. I waited until 8:35 and no one ever showed. I took some screen shots and sent a message to SYKES, but have not heard back and have not been given an opportunity to reschedule my interview even though the interviewer was a no show. Not too impressed that the company didn't show and has not reached out. Leaves a very poor first impression.

Interview Questions
    • The test was a bit different. There were speed typing tests as well as some diagram tests and vocabulary. Wasn't difficult for me.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

The interview was long but thorough and the woman in charge make sure that we are prepared. We have to have the necessary equipment for the position that you want. Now i have to see how the training is going to be.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was about the background check.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES Home.

I applied online the proccess took about an hour. I had an interview a week later. The interview process took about 3hrs and I was offered a job right after. You sit there for most of the time listening and then answer one of five questions the give you. Once the job offer has been given you do a pre screening and then you start training.

Interview Questions
    • They ask to research some sites to answer specific questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SYKES Home in July 2014.

Expect to take an average of 4 weeks from 1st Interview to finalizing the hiring process. A drug screen is provided at no cost to prospective employee. You should have a scanner or know how to use your smartphone to take pictures and upload. All documents must be copied and provided to complete process including Drivers License or State ID and Social Security card. A drug screening is paid for and a thorough background check is conducted, It may take a few weeks to verify all documentation. The process starts with an email informing you of a meeting online. A group interview is conducted and the facilitator explains how everything should work and what is expected of you for the particular company you are applying to represent. If you cannot meet those expectations you are told that you will be placed back in the job pool and selected when something comes up that will work for you. That's what happened with me and a few days later, I received an email inviting me to apply for the same company but not work on Saturday, which was what I had requested in my initial interview. You will then advance through several more interviews and be asked to upload pictures from your computer of your equipment that is required for the job. A newer model computer, (Windows 7 or newer), a usb headset with mic for training classes, a phone with a headset and microphone and you must have a "plain old landline" for phone service. A minimum high speed broadband, dsl or cable Internet connection is also required, You must pay for all the equipment and monthly service for phone and internet. You may be able to deduct business expenses at Tax time if you file long form. Most, not all, but most communication is done by email. It is difficult to get to speak with anyone until you start training.

Interview Questions
    • It is all easy and very informal. There are none of the "trick" question that you would get in a regular brick and mortar job type of interview. It is laid back and easy going. The most difficult part would be if you were not familiar with a computer and how to navigate through Windows and the 3 major browsers, including cleaning cookies and cache and having the proper version of Internet Explorer. They want to hire and give you every opportunity to become an employee. The most difficult part would come from the training program if you are not intuitive and a very fast learner.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. You must commit to a schedule for a period of 1 full year, before you are ever officially hired, There is an early morning or afternoon shift or you might work a split shift and 5 days a week for a full time position. You may also choose if you want to work part time. Overtime is available on a regular basis and approximately after 3 months you may be asked if you want to promote to a trainer or a "Life Coach".