SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.2

Varied Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Denver, CO).

Interview

Was hired in 2000. At the time it was known as Alpine Access. It was easier to get on with them than it is now. And there were a few sales positions, unlike now. Everything now is tech support. Worked on the flowers program. The interview was over the phone and met with a recruiting manager to show my id and such. They were just starting out when I was hired.

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Dover, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a work-at-home position, I had to do an online skills assessment which lasted about an hour. It was easy to complete. About a week later, I received an email instructing me to log in to Sykes website and review the jobs available. I chose one from the general descriptions given for the jobs. I was scheduled for an interview two days later. It was a telephone group interview. There was a little homework to do the night before. We had to do screenshots and submit them. We also came prepared with answers to three questions that were asked. We were each asked to read one of the answers. Basically, that was it. I was offered the job on the spot. I was able to select my shift when I officially accepted the position that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult call you had, and how you handled it. What is the difference between finance charges and APR? What are the basic requirements needed to work-at-home with SYKES? (Put your answers in a word document, because you'll be asked to copy and paste.)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial group interview with approximately 20 others in an Adobe virtual meeting room. Poll questions are posed to the group to determine if you continue. I opted out early due to the low wage for this position. At this point, I will be added back into the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers to what is Project Blue Sky (they ask you to google it) and they mean Pearson's Project Blue Sky specifically.   1 Answer

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online series of questions and skills tests, with a reading over the phone of a prepared text. I waited two weeks to be notified by email that there was a position open for me to interview for. The job is part time, with flexible hours for training and work. Online interview, over adobe connect, had some preparation of screen shots of my computer's and internet capability. I was also asked to prepare in my own words what Project Blue Sky is. I was directed to do a google search for information. The interview is part of a group and I spent the time not personally answering questions on mute listening.

Interview Questions

• What is Project Blue Sky. Do a google search to find information.   Answer Question

Banking Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied onlines. At the end of the application I was given an interview date and time. The interview is online(no webcam) it's a power point and you'll have to dial in the given number on it. I was on the phone with 5 other candidates. You just follow the instructions given by the recruiter. Fairly easy. I was asked 4 questions and i had to read my number 1 question. He goes by how you speak, and type. Listening skills also.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle it? What was the weather in Ocean City, MD last week? Name a time when you had empathy for a customer. Name a time when you had difficulty understanding a customer and asked them to repeat themselves, how did they react to you?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very detailed and emphasis on fundamentals. most of the managers want you to be comfortable and be yourself since that is the best way to evaluate your answers in that setting.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you disagreed with your team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Gaming Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in April 2015.

Interview

Everything is done online. You choose an interview time (there was only one option for me) and you interview with a group. They go through the job information REALLY fast and it's hard to take it all in, much less take any notes. You answer some interview questions and they rush you off the phone with no information about what happens next. It's very impersonal and you don't get to ask any questions or even speak.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wise, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date.

Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in March 2015.

Interview

it was okay, not to bad for a review everything went well. I can't really remember anything else because it was so bland and overall it was a good idea to choose this company, I think the only problem I have for this is they don't really tell you a period of time and give you time to get all your things that you have to pay on your own.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Your dial in to a room where other applicants are also interviewing. There is a speaker that goes around the room and asks you questions pertaining to the job. While other people are answering their questions you mute your phone to give privacy to the other applicants. The overall experience was easy. The interview was just basic questions and the hiring process went smoothly

Interview Questions

• If your computer quits working while speaking with a customer, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.