SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Sykes provided a job fair in my town. They are opening up a brand new call center here. Everyone in town was there. They had presceen interviews, then the main interview from there you were either hired or told they would get in touch. I was hired on the spot. The interview process was pretty simple, and the recruiters seemed friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the work @ home position. After answering a few questions about my experience I was given a choice to choose which time & day to do the interview the same day. My interview was set approx 5 days later. I was told via email to complete 3 tasks before the interview upload a screenshot of my PC Specs, Performance & Internet Speed and prepare to answer 3 questions 1. How did you handle difficult a customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info) . At the time of the interview there were 28 other people getting interviewed in a Adobe chat room with one interviewer which was very nice. She 1st explained the position, pay and available shifts, each time she asked if this was a position you would be interested in. If you declined she would ask you to disconnect from the phone call. at this time about 3 people dropped out. She mentioned since there were a lot of people that she would just ask each person where they are from and what type of customer service experience they had. After this 18 people were chosen and hired. So none of the questions were asked. Just in case Have it ready in advance. The Blue sky project is just one of many clients they.. so it could be anything you get according to your experience. This position is Technical Support. FYI training pay is your state's min wage, once you go into production base pay is $9.00 per hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you handle a difficult customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info FYI it's Pearson's Blue Sky) .   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online , and was scheduled for an interview two days later. The interview was done as so. Basic questions with hiring manager, and then off to a computer for a words per minute test. After that you do a role play scenario with a different manager and then if your hired you fill out some paperwork and take a drug test (mouth swab) at location and get papers pertaining to orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• When In a previous job did you have to sell or up-sell? We're you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile and be persistent about sales.

Varied Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Denver, CO).

Interview

Was hired in 2000. At the time it was known as Alpine Access. It was easier to get on with them than it is now. And there were a few sales positions, unlike now. Everything now is tech support. Worked on the flowers program. The interview was over the phone and met with a recruiting manager to show my id and such. They were just starting out when I was hired.

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online series of questions and skills tests, with a reading over the phone of a prepared text. I waited two weeks to be notified by email that there was a position open for me to interview for. The job is part time, with flexible hours for training and work. Online interview, over adobe connect, had some preparation of screen shots of my computer's and internet capability. I was also asked to prepare in my own words what Project Blue Sky is. I was directed to do a google search for information. The interview is part of a group and I spent the time not personally answering questions on mute listening.

Interview Questions

• What is Project Blue Sky. Do a google search to find information.   Answer Question

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Dover, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a work-at-home position, I had to do an online skills assessment which lasted about an hour. It was easy to complete. About a week later, I received an email instructing me to log in to Sykes website and review the jobs available. I chose one from the general descriptions given for the jobs. I was scheduled for an interview two days later. It was a telephone group interview. There was a little homework to do the night before. We had to do screenshots and submit them. We also came prepared with answers to three questions that were asked. We were each asked to read one of the answers. Basically, that was it. I was offered the job on the spot. I was able to select my shift when I officially accepted the position that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult call you had, and how you handled it. What is the difference between finance charges and APR? What are the basic requirements needed to work-at-home with SYKES? (Put your answers in a word document, because you'll be asked to copy and paste.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial group interview with approximately 20 others in an Adobe virtual meeting room. Poll questions are posed to the group to determine if you continue. I opted out early due to the low wage for this position. At this point, I will be added back into the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers to what is Project Blue Sky (they ask you to google it) and they mean Pearson's Project Blue Sky specifically.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got the online/phone interview, answered questions then me and another girl got kicked out, I honestly think they are looking to hire more males than females. I was told nothing but females are there now.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how to go about looking up problems regarding PlayStation.   Answer Question

Banking Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied onlines. At the end of the application I was given an interview date and time. The interview is online(no webcam) it's a power point and you'll have to dial in the given number on it. I was on the phone with 5 other candidates. You just follow the instructions given by the recruiter. Fairly easy. I was asked 4 questions and i had to read my number 1 question. He goes by how you speak, and type. Listening skills also.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle it? What was the weather in Ocean City, MD last week? Name a time when you had empathy for a customer. Name a time when you had difficulty understanding a customer and asked them to repeat themselves, how did they react to you?   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Tedious at best and one of the most bizarre experiences I've had. First, they had me repeat the initial interview word for word (same exact questions from same prior interviewer) so the hiring manager could listen to it at his convenience. Then a ton of remote video interviews - all of which went very well. Then they flew me down to Tampa, FL as one of the "finalists" - talked to a bunch of folks there answering real life how-to questions. Then total silence for 3 straight weeks! Hiring manager says there's some internal hold-up then couple days later the HR gal says they've decided to look for a different skillset and start over. DUH.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement and execute social service at scale for our largest clients? How do you talk to C-level folks? How do you scale social? What tools and platforms should we use?   Answer Question