SYKES

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in March 2010.

There are different phases of the interview like phone interview or in person i.e. 1:1 interview. Depending on your location if you are far away there is the phone interview first and if you get through it you get to the next round i.e 1:1. In 1:1 you again have different phases aptitude,IQ,personality,skills test,group interview,sometimes presentation as well etc.
    In the interview many times there are very general questions are asked.So you better be prepared for it.Because we have conception that there are though things going to come in front of us during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is a client whom you have to provide the report by evening ad all your tools fail and stop working what would you do in such a case?   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES.

I can't stress how completely and utterly unprofessional my experience was with my "recruiter". I was scheduled for my phone interview for 10 days. The woman was 2 HOURS late calling me. I answered cheerfully with "I'm so glad you called. I was getting worried I wasn't going to be hearing from you today!". Right after that she got a terrible attitude with me saying "Um no, I'm right on time." Her tone surprised me, I certainly didn't expect it. I replied "Oh... I'm sorry, there must have been a mistake in my email. It said I would be promptly contacted at 1:30." Which was true - even with the time zone difference from central to eastern she would have still been an hour late calling me. She instantly changed the topic with telling me the expectations of the job I was applying for. When I said that I was excited about this position, she went over the requirements of the job. That was when she told me I did not meet the requirements. This was after I was told my resume had been accepted and after 10 days of waiting for my interview. That woman completely ruined my opinion of this company entirely. How can a company even take themselves seriously when allowing people like that on their staff?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Questions
    • Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Financial Services Business Development Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Application process is broken and cannot even get to apply to s job as there are coding issues with the process where the ATS screen mandates a county be associated with a phone number. It states loading in drop down and nothing loads and when you type a county nothing appears and because it has an asterisk it is required so nobody can even spy to get an interview. This is why we should not offshore jobs. Also nobody at company is available until 8am MT - what about life in the east coast?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2013.

Hiring process was very long. They interviewed me 3 times an for that last third time they almost had me to come back a week later but decided to interview the third one the same day. he interview consisted of a lot of questions. Vey difficult questions. If you work for this company, do not make it a permanent job as this place is a revolving door. All this company cares about are your scores. A lot o favoritism in this building. I'm glad I escaped this hell hole!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you bent the rules to get the job done?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was perfect and I obtained just what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

I initially applied online for Sykes at about 11 am. By 5pm I was called to set up an interview.

Interview 1:
    The first interview is what is called an Optimized interview. In this interview you are directed to sign into a website. This website is a chat room with an adobe slideshow. Upon entering the chat room, you are directed to call a number. You enter the conference number and press #. Then you enter the rooms password, and press # again. Once you enter the call, you are directed to mute your phone.

When your interview time rolls around, there are several other people in the conference call and chat room.

The interviewer will then go over the basics of compensation, time requirements, and what is expected. During this process, you get several pop ups asking whether you do or do not accept what is offered. You are then directed to hang up.

After that, the interviewer will then place you in a breakaway room. While you are in this room, you are on your own. On your screen will be a few different questions. You are given about 20 minutes to type out answers to the questions. When you are finished, and the 20 minutes are up, you will then be put back into the main chat room, and directed to call the same number, with a different conference number and password.

After everyone has reconnected, the interviewer will go down the list of names and have you each read off your answer to one of the questions. When the interviewer has heard from everyone left in the chat room they will then go into another breakaway room. On your screen where you had typed your answers will be information on scheduling another interview if you made it that far.

If you did this interview on site, you will quickly be pulled to the front desk and scheduled for an interview the same day if possible. You don't even get the chance to read whats on your screen and let it sink in. If you are off site, they offer an interview a few days later.

Interview 2:
    This is where the face to face interview comes into play. Myself, I was interviewed by 2 of the managers. One sat off to the side while the other asked questions.

Some of the questions that I remember are:
    Why do you want to work for Sykes?
    Is there anything else that was not on your resume that you would like to tell us about? (Job wise, extra qualifications)
    Do you have a cell phone? Try to sell it to me.
    What is necessary to be a good Salesperson?

There were about 15 other questions to their interview. They went through this part of the interview rather quickly, cutting me off mid sentence in some parts.

If you get the 'We'll call you back in 2-3 days' it is quite likely you will get a call or an email saying something similar to this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time recently to speak with us regarding our need for a Customer Service Representative with Upsell Support. We enjoyed speaking with you and appreciated your patience throughout our search process.

While we were very impressed with your qualifications, we are focusing now on candidates who have the skills we believe more closely match what we are looking for in the position.

SYKES will be glad to keep your resume on file should we become aware of any other appropriate positions in the near future we will contact you. I would also encourage you to visit our website as new positions become available.

Thank you again for your interest and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Best Regards,"

If you did get the position, congratulations! I'm sure the second manager will take your ID, get your information filled out, and have you sign your paperwork. They hire you straight out of your 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you excelled in a purely performance based environment.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in April 2010.

Very straight forward, computer testing was new to me. I did better than I thought I did. The interviewers from Human Resources were quite good and helpful. I would recommend that they give more information about the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you resolved a difficult situation   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES in January 2012.

First assessment, then a presentation, and at the end Comptency based interviews withy the site's upper management.

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in December 2010.

I put in an application with the company in November. The same day that I put in the application I took a typing and a skills test. About a month later I was contacted for an interview. I interviewed with a very nice lady. She asked me alot of questions about how I would react in certain situations dealing with customers. she took notes during the interview and I could tell she was very impressed with me. At the end of the interview I was offered a position. The same day I was scheduled for a drug test. The offer of employment depended on the background check, drug test and references coming back acceptable. I took the drug test about a week later and was scheduled to start training a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a diffuclt time getting your point across to someone? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever have to work with a diffucult person? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    When considering this offer think about if this is something you really want to do. This type of work can be stressful and you must have alot of patience and not take things personally. Must have thick skin. Also be honest.Iif you lie on your applicantion or in your interview and they discover it you can lose your job offer. Ask questions and be knowledgeable about the job you are being offered.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES in November 2010.

Met with two separate individuals. The first one was personable in very conversational. The second person had so power issues. She was a female and I sensed that she got a kick out of making me uncomfortable. She asked me many many unorthodox questions that had no direct relation to the job. They answers in did provide were question and scrutinized. She did not realize that stupid question sometimes get stupid answers. The whole things was a waste of time and I never heard from them again. Best way to sum it up is she was a ball buster and knew it.

Interview Questions
    • What would kind of friend would your friend say you are?   View Answers (2)
    • When you produced cash report in the past, what kind of cash was it?   View Answer