SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

You are interviewed in a group because they already know they are going to hire you. You pay for your own background check and are not reimbursed. The interview is just a formality and you the things you are required to do never come into play. Then when they have you wanting the job, they tell you about paying for your own background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask about career goals that they will never be able to meet for any individual unless your goal is to be shuffled from Supervisor to Supervisor and given different expectations from each of them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Kingstree, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

I was extremely nervous when doing the interview. I did a mock phone interview after filling out the application. That went really well. Then I had the actual face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start working?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shannon (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Shannon (Ireland)) in July 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. One on the phone with the recruitment agency, one on Skype with managers Language Skills were tested and usual interview questions were asked. The managers were friendly, I had a good impression since the beginning. Recruiter also tested the language skills, but the phone interview with the agency was fairly easy. The recruiter kept me updated on the whole process, he was very keen on sealing the deal with the company. When they offered the position, I was able to get a copy of the contract.

Outbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online , and was scheduled for an interview two days later. The interview was done as so. Basic questions with hiring manager, and then off to a computer for a words per minute test. After that you do a role play scenario with a different manager and then if your hired you fill out some paperwork and take a drug test (mouth swab) at location and get papers pertaining to orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• When In a previous job did you have to sell or up-sell? We're you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile and be persistent about sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a link to schedule an interview. It took several tries to schedule interview. Attended scheduled interview with recruiter. It was a standard one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a difficult or complex problem. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

I went through a survey interview first to make sure I fit the criteria for the job. Then I had to do a voice recording to see if I had the correct voice. Finally I went through a group interview online and had to call in on a number provided.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did I handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the work @ home position. After answering a few questions about my experience I was given a choice to choose which time & day to do the interview the same day. My interview was set approx 5 days later. I was told via email to complete 3 tasks before the interview upload a screenshot of my PC Specs, Performance & Internet Speed and prepare to answer 3 questions 1. How did you handle difficult a customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info) . At the time of the interview there were 28 other people getting interviewed in a Adobe chat room with one interviewer which was very nice. She 1st explained the position, pay and available shifts, each time she asked if this was a position you would be interested in. If you declined she would ask you to disconnect from the phone call. at this time about 3 people dropped out. She mentioned since there were a lot of people that she would just ask each person where they are from and what type of customer service experience they had. After this 18 people were chosen and hired. So none of the questions were asked. Just in case Have it ready in advance. The Blue sky project is just one of many clients they.. so it could be anything you get according to your experience. This position is Technical Support. FYI training pay is your state's min wage, once you go into production base pay is $9.00 per hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you handle a difficult customer? 2. In your own words please tell us what the home office requirements for Sykes are. ( they provide a link for you ) 3. In your own words please describe Project Blue Sky? ( they ask you to google the info FYI it's Pearson's Blue Sky) .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Sykes provided a job fair in my town. They are opening up a brand new call center here. Everyone in town was there. They had presceen interviews, then the main interview from there you were either hired or told they would get in touch. I was hired on the spot. The interview process was pretty simple, and the recruiters seemed friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got the online/phone interview, answered questions then me and another girl got kicked out, I honestly think they are looking to hire more males than females. I was told nothing but females are there now.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how to go about looking up problems regarding PlayStation.   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Tedious at best and one of the most bizarre experiences I've had. First, they had me repeat the initial interview word for word (same exact questions from same prior interviewer) so the hiring manager could listen to it at his convenience. Then a ton of remote video interviews - all of which went very well. Then they flew me down to Tampa, FL as one of the "finalists" - talked to a bunch of folks there answering real life how-to questions. Then total silence for 3 straight weeks! Hiring manager says there's some internal hold-up then couple days later the HR gal says they've decided to look for a different skillset and start over. DUH.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement and execute social service at scale for our largest clients? How do you talk to C-level folks? How do you scale social? What tools and platforms should we use?   Answer Question