SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Questions
    • A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question
    No negotiation although I had no experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

I recieved a call for an interview so i scheduled it and all of the following took place at time of interview (one day), one interview, computer test, final supervisor screening and onsite drug test

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

I applied online and waited 2 days until I called in to check if my application was reviewed. The lady on the phone scheduled me for an interview the very next day at 9am. It was a group interview, which I was not aware of. The whole process was fairly easy. We were all told to sign in to a chat room and answer job related questions and interview questions. When that was over, we all spoke to the managers separately. The drug test was on site, and I was hired on the spot. All in all, I liked the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. If you pass the bilingual test, you get $1.00 more.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

The process was very simple and easy. I filled out a application four days later I received an email about wanting to be apart of a virtual interview that the recruiter was going to have to explain more about the position. It gave you you a certain date and time when the interview would be held. You had to respond to the email sent from the recruiter to get further information. After you respond the recruiter while send you back a response informing you how to access the virtual interview. There were about 8 others participating in the interview as well!. She asked basic questions like why do you want to work for Sykes? What can you contribute to our company? Near the end of the interview there were four questions that popped up on the screen. The first 3 were work-job related questions the last question was technical. Asking you to look up weather from two weeks ago in a certain city. You only had 20 minutes to answer the questions. They were watching you as you type since it is a live interview. Overall the process was very simple. I was hired that same day. went in the same day took drug test did the paper work and background check. Overall the entire process was very quick

Interview Questions
    • Name a time or place when your employer had a policy that you did not agree with.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all the pay was outlined when the recruiter went over the job. You take it or leave!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Interviewed twice in one day. It was a painless process. Seemed like they were more interested in the timeliness of my answers instead of what I said. Were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you didn't agree with the way a coworker performed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation starting pay is 9.75/hr

Customer Service Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES in March 2014.

I was sent an email 4 days after I sent in my application saying that they would like to do a virtual interview with me in the next 2 days which was a Friday. The virtual interview took an hour and a half and had about 8 others participating with me. Once that interview was completed, the woman had did the virtual interview said that she would like a second interview that coming Monday. At the second interview, I spoke with one man about what they job is and if I understood what it was asking for. The second man asked about my work history and asked some behavioral questions to see how I handle things at work. I was hired within a minute after the last behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend the one who is giving the interview is a potential customer. Try to sell him/her ____. If you do not have any sales experience, then this task may be difficult.   View Answer
    Just be relaxed and professional.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

The hiring process was fairly easy, you have to apply in person. When applying in person, a test needs to be completed before you are considered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are unprepared for the test, it may throw some of guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

First, I filled out an online application and there was a skills test. After that was completed you will be presented with a position and will be able to schedule an interview online. The interview was conducted in an Adobe Connect online chat room and there was a conference call that you had to call in to listen to the interviewer describe the position pay and benefits. This portion lasted an hour. During each step the interviewer would put up polls asking can you commit to these shifts, can you pass a drug,credit, and background check. If not then they would put you back in the pool for other positions.

Then after that part was completed you were given 20 minutes to answer 3 questions and complete a technical task which was to take screenshots of the specs of your computer and upload them to the same website where you applied. After the 20 minutes were up the interviewer asked each person to read one of their questions with the response. After that she said she needed a few minutes to review everyone's screenshots to weed out people who did not meet system requirements.

If you did not get the job then you would receive a screen saying that they would contact you in 1-3 business days. If you did receive the job then a screen would come up where you had to download some forms and start the process to getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Just be prepared with past work experiences and be prepared to work quickly those 20 minutes go by fast!   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay and benefits were outline and it was take it or leave it.