SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.2

Customer Service With Upsell Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

I filled out the online application on their website. Within a few days, I was contacted via email and invited to a group interview. The interview was conducted both online and over the phone. I signed in to an Adobe chat room with about 11 other people interviewing for the job. First, they gave me a series of multiple choice questions to see if we had the basic requirements for the job. For example, they asked if I was okay with the time commitment and the hourly wage. If you clicked no to any of the questions, she asked you to leave the group interview. After that, we were given a variety of interview questions and had to type our answers in the chat room. The first was a scenario question - a man calls and is upset about his service, how would you handle this call? The second question asked if you preferred busy work environments or quiet work environments. The third question asked you to describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer or person and what was the outcome of that event. The final question was a technical question - find out the weather in Ocean City, Maryland a week ago from today. After everyone had answered their questions, everybody on the phone went around and said one of their answers. We were then instructed to hang up and leave the Adobe chat room. I was notified about their decision via email 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I felt that all of the interview questions were pretty basic. The more technical question might be hard if you're not used to navigating on the internet.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

Application took approximately 2 hours to complete and is very thorough. Please make sure that you read the "home office requirements" on the home page before applying or accepting an interview. You will need to show proof that you meet them during the interview. Have a pen and paper handy! There will be information that you need to write down! Also, make sure you listen very carefully, as my recruiter spoke very fast when giving specific and detailed instructions. You will be on a conference call with many other individuals also interviewing for the same position. Ours started out with 23 people. Only two of us were offered positions. You will have to take a typing test and must be able to type approximately 60wpm. You will also need to pass a background and drug test, so be ready for that. At this time, I have completed my background check and was not asked to pay the $45 fee that everyone else has referenced.

Interview Questions
    • Navigate computer, screenshot information, upload to support page. They will give you the name of the company you will be working for, give you questions that a customer might ask, and then you must go to that company's website and find the answers. There is a time limit in which to complete these tasks, so don't waste any time. You will be required to read your responses to the recruiter during the conference call to ensure that you can speak to a customer efficiently, as well as professionally.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. You were offered a shift and pay. You either accept it or decline. AT&T pay rate is the highest offered which is $9.50 per hour. There was also only one shift for us to choose from which was 11am-8pm Mountain Standard Time and was Monday - Friday with weekends off. I can definitely do that lol.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

I initially applied online for Sykes at about 11 am. By 5pm I was called to set up an interview.

Interview 1:
    The first interview is what is called an Optimized interview. In this interview you are directed to sign into a website. This website is a chat room with an adobe slideshow. Upon entering the chat room, you are directed to call a number. You enter the conference number and press #. Then you enter the rooms password, and press # again. Once you enter the call, you are directed to mute your phone.

When your interview time rolls around, there are several other people in the conference call and chat room.

The interviewer will then go over the basics of compensation, time requirements, and what is expected. During this process, you get several pop ups asking whether you do or do not accept what is offered. You are then directed to hang up.

After that, the interviewer will then place you in a breakaway room. While you are in this room, you are on your own. On your screen will be a few different questions. You are given about 20 minutes to type out answers to the questions. When you are finished, and the 20 minutes are up, you will then be put back into the main chat room, and directed to call the same number, with a different conference number and password.

After everyone has reconnected, the interviewer will go down the list of names and have you each read off your answer to one of the questions. When the interviewer has heard from everyone left in the chat room they will then go into another breakaway room. On your screen where you had typed your answers will be information on scheduling another interview if you made it that far.

If you did this interview on site, you will quickly be pulled to the front desk and scheduled for an interview the same day if possible. You don't even get the chance to read whats on your screen and let it sink in. If you are off site, they offer an interview a few days later.

Interview 2:
    This is where the face to face interview comes into play. Myself, I was interviewed by 2 of the managers. One sat off to the side while the other asked questions.

Some of the questions that I remember are:
    Why do you want to work for Sykes?
    Is there anything else that was not on your resume that you would like to tell us about? (Job wise, extra qualifications)
    Do you have a cell phone? Try to sell it to me.
    What is necessary to be a good Salesperson?

There were about 15 other questions to their interview. They went through this part of the interview rather quickly, cutting me off mid sentence in some parts.

If you get the 'We'll call you back in 2-3 days' it is quite likely you will get a call or an email saying something similar to this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time recently to speak with us regarding our need for a Customer Service Representative with Upsell Support. We enjoyed speaking with you and appreciated your patience throughout our search process.

While we were very impressed with your qualifications, we are focusing now on candidates who have the skills we believe more closely match what we are looking for in the position.

SYKES will be glad to keep your resume on file should we become aware of any other appropriate positions in the near future we will contact you. I would also encourage you to visit our website as new positions become available.

Thank you again for your interest and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Best Regards,"

If you did get the position, congratulations! I'm sure the second manager will take your ID, get your information filled out, and have you sign your paperwork. They hire you straight out of your 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you excelled in a purely performance based environment.   Answer Question

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

The online assessments are rather long and appear to be irrelevant for what is offered. You are not able to correct spelling while typing within a word during a typing test. I have taken many of which are more compatible that this one. You listen to several voices reading text and state if you would "love to talk to them", dislike to talk to them or would not mind. Not sure what the relevance is for this. Some people are obviously more professional sounding than others, but why ask if you would love or dislike talking to them?
    I turned down one position displayed and accepted the next on the screen. But the interview was scheduled at a bad time so I was not able to attend.
    The biggest turn off I experienced was being advised the positions paid minimum wage for training which lasted weeks. One position lasted a month. Pay rates are posted but state they may vary upon the area they are given?
    I was looking for work for them as a part time supplemental income opportunity, but Sykes appears to very inflexible and disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical day if you were living where you have been orbiting Saturn for 5 years. Seriously?
      And how would the world be the same and different if everyone could fly.
      Fill in the blank sentences which several words given and you have to assign the correct number to correspond to the blank where the word belongs. Sounds easy but some questions were rather lengthy and tedious.
      Look at a series of lego type structures and select if they are the same or different. They are displayed at various angles so it is hard to make a decision at times.

Answer Question

Did not attend interview.

Gaming Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

Easy, you go into an adobe room listen to the recruiter bost about the company, how fun and exciting it is. You cannot ask questions you just have to listen and answer questions in a pop up window. Then complete a survey, then you will find out if they like you.

Interview Questions
    • They want to hear you brown nosing or they will not hire your.   View Answer

Use to work for them and wanted to see if anything changed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

The hiring process is fairly simple. You apply, they contact you in a mass interview and weed out the weak ones, then you do some assessments, then it is a face to face followed by offer or the door.

Interview Questions
    • By far, because the turnover is high here, it would have to be "Why do you want to work for Sykes?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

I applied for the position on the company website. After completing the assessment, I was contacted several days later for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, which lasted little over two hours. You're given an email link to a net meeting and then a phone number to call. You are told to mute your phone during the interview. Then a moderator asked several yes or no questions and based on those questions you were illuminated from the pool of applicants. Toward the end, the remaining applicants are asked four situational questions and are given a task that shows your basic computer skills. After that, each remaining applicant is asked to read one of the questions that they answered. If you're successful during this interview, you are offered the position and then asked to participate in a second interview which follows the same format and lasts for over two hours. Then everyone who agrees to work the hours needed for the pay stated gets a job provided their home office meets the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a customer the advantages of a smart phone versus a basic cell phone?   Answer Question

Pay was too low.

Financial Services Business Development Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Application process is broken and cannot even get to apply to s job as there are coding issues with the process where the ATS screen mandates a county be associated with a phone number. It states loading in drop down and nothing loads and when you type a county nothing appears and because it has an asterisk it is required so nobody can even spy to get an interview. This is why we should not offshore jobs. Also nobody at company is available until 8am MT - what about life in the east coast?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in November 2014.

Application worked beautifully, I experienced none of the issues I had read about online, either here or in other forums. I took about 1 1/2 hours to complete the application and got an interview scheduled for 2 days later. The interview I participated in was through a meeting style chat room. Looking forward to becoming a proud employee of the Sykes Company.

Interview Questions
    • What made a job easier and more difficult in the past?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in November 2014.

Ridiculous?, way to much aggravation for seasonal, the computer requirement portion was overkill and frustrating- take a picture of this and give make and model of that, my Goodness way to much. They didn't care If I stayed or go anyway all that and then no hours-save you time folks!!!

none