SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online series of questions and skills tests, with a reading over the phone of a prepared text. I waited two weeks to be notified by email that there was a position open for me to interview for. The job is part time, with flexible hours for training and work. Online interview, over adobe connect, had some preparation of screen shots of my computer's and internet capability. I was also asked to prepare in my own words what Project Blue Sky is. I was directed to do a google search for information. The interview is part of a group and I spent the time not personally answering questions on mute listening.

Interview Questions

• What is Project Blue Sky. Do a google search to find information.   Answer Question

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Dover, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a work-at-home position, I had to do an online skills assessment which lasted about an hour. It was easy to complete. About a week later, I received an email instructing me to log in to Sykes website and review the jobs available. I chose one from the general descriptions given for the jobs. I was scheduled for an interview two days later. It was a telephone group interview. There was a little homework to do the night before. We had to do screenshots and submit them. We also came prepared with answers to three questions that were asked. We were each asked to read one of the answers. Basically, that was it. I was offered the job on the spot. I was able to select my shift when I officially accepted the position that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult call you had, and how you handled it. What is the difference between finance charges and APR? What are the basic requirements needed to work-at-home with SYKES? (Put your answers in a word document, because you'll be asked to copy and paste.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on Tuesday and received a request for a phone interview on the next day. I was contacted by a Human Resources representative by phone. I had all qualifications but one. I lacked an MCP Certification that was listed as a requirement. Unfortunately I never heard back from Sykes regarding a follow up interview. In this case experience was not sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an MCP certification?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got the online/phone interview, answered questions then me and another girl got kicked out, I honestly think they are looking to hire more males than females. I was told nothing but females are there now.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how to go about looking up problems regarding PlayStation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial group interview with approximately 20 others in an Adobe virtual meeting room. Poll questions are posed to the group to determine if you continue. I opted out early due to the low wage for this position. At this point, I will be added back into the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers to what is Project Blue Sky (they ask you to google it) and they mean Pearson's Project Blue Sky specifically.   1 Answer

Banking Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied onlines. At the end of the application I was given an interview date and time. The interview is online(no webcam) it's a power point and you'll have to dial in the given number on it. I was on the phone with 5 other candidates. You just follow the instructions given by the recruiter. Fairly easy. I was asked 4 questions and i had to read my number 1 question. He goes by how you speak, and type. Listening skills also.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle it? What was the weather in Ocean City, MD last week? Name a time when you had empathy for a customer. Name a time when you had difficulty understanding a customer and asked them to repeat themselves, how did they react to you?   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Tedious at best and one of the most bizarre experiences I've had. First, they had me repeat the initial interview word for word (same exact questions from same prior interviewer) so the hiring manager could listen to it at his convenience. Then a ton of remote video interviews - all of which went very well. Then they flew me down to Tampa, FL as one of the "finalists" - talked to a bunch of folks there answering real life how-to questions. Then total silence for 3 straight weeks! Hiring manager says there's some internal hold-up then couple days later the HR gal says they've decided to look for a different skillset and start over. DUH.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement and execute social service at scale for our largest clients? How do you talk to C-level folks? How do you scale social? What tools and platforms should we use?   Answer Question

Gaming Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES in April 2015.

Interview

Everything is done online. You choose an interview time (there was only one option for me) and you interview with a group. They go through the job information REALLY fast and it's hard to take it all in, much less take any notes. You answer some interview questions and they rush you off the phone with no information about what happens next. It's very impersonal and you don't get to ask any questions or even speak.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very detailed and emphasis on fundamentals. most of the managers want you to be comfortable and be yourself since that is the best way to evaluate your answers in that setting.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you disagreed with your team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wise, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date. Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a