SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Johnson City, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good, however, what I was hired for not what I was actually going to be doing. They did a classic bait and switch on us. I was hired for sales and about halfway through training the dumped customer service on us as well but only gave us a week training when it is a different department and requires the same amount if not more training that sales.

Interview Questions

• Describes a time when you had a difficult or irate customer and how did you handle and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Interview

very detailed and emphasis on fundamentals. most of the managers want you to be comfortable and be yourself since that is the best way to evaluate your answers in that setting.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you disagreed with your team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wise, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date. Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES in March 2015.

Interview

it was okay, not to bad for a review everything went well. I can't really remember anything else because it was so bland and overall it was a good idea to choose this company, I think the only problem I have for this is they don't really tell you a period of time and give you time to get all your things that you have to pay on your own.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Your dial in to a room where other applicants are also interviewing. There is a speaker that goes around the room and asks you questions pertaining to the job. While other people are answering their questions you mute your phone to give privacy to the other applicants. The overall experience was easy. The interview was just basic questions and the hiring process went smoothly

Interview Questions

• If your computer quits working while speaking with a customer, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. **Be sure to follow directions.** you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Staff Job Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Great interview and onboarding process; very smooth and very professional and accommodating. No issues at all. One of the best experiences I have had with any company over a 20-year career.

Negotiation

Easy & fast.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.