SYKES

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Completed application, online testing and interview, set up for drug test then in person interview. I should have known this job was ghetto at my interview. The young lady was not dressed the part. Had on a sun dress with a fruit of the loom t-shirt. She went on and on about how hungry and hot she was. General questions.

None negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton-Freewater, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton-Freewater, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in April 2014.

Completed online application. Recieved an email for an online interview. Hired from the online interview. Went to the physical location to complete forms, take an oral swab drug test and receive conditional offer of employment. Company does a criminal background check.

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation is allowed. They do not budge on starting salary.

Customer Service Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES in March 2014.

I was sent an email 4 days after I sent in my application saying that they would like to do a virtual interview with me in the next 2 days which was a Friday. The virtual interview took an hour and a half and had about 8 others participating with me. Once that interview was completed, the woman had did the virtual interview said that she would like a second interview that coming Monday. At the second interview, I spoke with one man about what they job is and if I understood what it was asking for. The second man asked about my work history and asked some behavioral questions to see how I handle things at work. I was hired within a minute after the last behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend the one who is giving the interview is a potential customer. Try to sell him/her ____. If you do not have any sales experience, then this task may be difficult.   View Answer
    Just be relaxed and professional.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

The hiring process was fairly easy, you have to apply in person. When applying in person, a test needs to be completed before you are considered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are unprepared for the test, it may throw some of guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

First, I filled out an online application and there was a skills test. After that was completed you will be presented with a position and will be able to schedule an interview online. The interview was conducted in an Adobe Connect online chat room and there was a conference call that you had to call in to listen to the interviewer describe the position pay and benefits. This portion lasted an hour. During each step the interviewer would put up polls asking can you commit to these shifts, can you pass a drug,credit, and background check. If not then they would put you back in the pool for other positions.

Then after that part was completed you were given 20 minutes to answer 3 questions and complete a technical task which was to take screenshots of the specs of your computer and upload them to the same website where you applied. After the 20 minutes were up the interviewer asked each person to read one of their questions with the response. After that she said she needed a few minutes to review everyone's screenshots to weed out people who did not meet system requirements.

If you did not get the job then you would receive a screen saying that they would contact you in 1-3 business days. If you did receive the job then a screen would come up where you had to download some forms and start the process to getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Just be prepared with past work experiences and be prepared to work quickly those 20 minutes go by fast!   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay and benefits were outline and it was take it or leave it.

Account Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview Process was awesome and easy.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really ask you any questions but they do a credit check   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

Went in to apply for the job and I was interviewed, drug tested and hired on the spot.

Fashion Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in October 2013.

you basically went to a virtua meeting room and then you dial in when its time. they go over presentation, then they put you into your own rooms to answer three questions and do a techinal task after that you read one of your reponse to the recuiter and if she likes what you wrote then she will foward to a screen with them offering youa positionand if not then theyll give you the standard screen of final step well let you now in 1-3 business days. be yourself and dont be nervous and youll do just fine and get the job and make sure that reponses are detailed and use good grammar

nope