SYKES

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.3

CCP Interview

very simple. filled out the application got call back the same day. Did a virtual group interview, got hired the same day. Had to pay for own background and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    none they offer you something but tell you something different

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Everything seemed fine until the days and times I was supposed to start didn't match up with what was listed on my Pre-Employment Session.There was a lot of paperwork, but that didn't bother me. Their Website was a little shabby, and when you clicked on a guide that you needed for the employment process, it was like it was broken because it took you back to the main website. I had to search on Google for the guide.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on an ISS for 5 years circling Saturn, describe what your day would be like.   View Answer
    I inquired as to why I have different hours than what I selected, and the interviewer (who was really nice and professional) just didn't seem to know what I meant. However, it was late at night on a weekend so that's probably part of the problem.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

I applied online the proccess took about an hour. I had an interview a week later. The interview process took about 3hrs and I was offered a job right after. You sit there for most of the time listening and then answer one of five questions the give you. Once the job offer has been given you do a pre screening and then you start training.

Interview Questions
    • They ask to research some sites to answer specific questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Questions
    • Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Expect to take an average of 4 weeks from 1st Interview to finalizing the hiring process. A drug screen is provided at no cost to prospective employee. You should have a scanner or know how to use your smartphone to take pictures and upload. All documents must be copied and provided to complete process including Drivers License or State ID and Social Security card. A drug screening is paid for and a thorough background check is conducted, It may take a few weeks to verify all documentation. The process starts with an email informing you of a meeting online. A group interview is conducted and the facilitator explains how everything should work and what is expected of you for the particular company you are applying to represent. If you cannot meet those expectations you are told that you will be placed back in the job pool and selected when something comes up that will work for you. That's what happened with me and a few days later, I received an email inviting me to apply for the same company but not work on Saturday, which was what I had requested in my initial interview. You will then advance through several more interviews and be asked to upload pictures from your computer of your equipment that is required for the job. A newer model computer, (Windows 7 or newer), a usb headset with mic for training classes, a phone with a headset and microphone and you must have a "plain old landline" for phone service. A minimum high speed broadband, dsl or cable Internet connection is also required, You must pay for all the equipment and monthly service for phone and internet. You may be able to deduct business expenses at Tax time if you file long form. Most, not all, but most communication is done by email. It is difficult to get to speak with anyone until you start training.

Interview Questions
    • It is all easy and very informal. There are none of the "trick" question that you would get in a regular brick and mortar job type of interview. It is laid back and easy going. The most difficult part would be if you were not familiar with a computer and how to navigate through Windows and the 3 major browsers, including cleaning cookies and cache and having the proper version of Internet Explorer. They want to hire and give you every opportunity to become an employee. The most difficult part would come from the training program if you are not intuitive and a very fast learner.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. You must commit to a schedule for a period of 1 full year, before you are ever officially hired, There is an early morning or afternoon shift or you might work a split shift and 5 days a week for a full time position. You may also choose if you want to work part time. Overtime is available on a regular basis and approximately after 3 months you may be asked if you want to promote to a trainer or a "Life Coach".

Customer Care and Finance Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

I like that they gave you a presentation on what the position is about before you accept the interview. Interview process was very quick. The hiring process was smooth even though there was a little problem with an item during my background check.

Interview Questions
    • Know information about Credit Cards. Go to the website HowStuffWorks.com. They will as a couple of questions from that page.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

online and over the phone had to do some research online and read your answer outloud.... they do drug test and background. the person who interviewed me was very nice but the people at the site are arragant with a bad attitude

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   View Answer
    no negotiation

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Following lengthy phone screen, had separate phone interviews with three individuals, took on-line intelligence and personality tests, and had day-long interview with multiple individuals. Recruiter was very informative with regard to explaining the hiring process and highly responsive to questions. Interview questions were behavioral in nature. Using the STAR approach is beneficial in providing a response.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer provided a specific legal issue and asked how you would advise management.   Answer Question