SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process. It was virtual and really cut and dry. Basically it is all done online, you and other potential employees are in a adobe flash room where the interviewer conducts a group interview. You all get a number to call and they ask questions and also see how you navigate around a computer. At the end, if they give you another number to call, you're hired. Then the second interview is face-to-face, where they just ask personality trait questions.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The interview was long but thorough and the woman in charge make sure that we are prepared. We have to have the necessary equipment for the position that you want. Now i have to see how the training is going to be.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was about the background check.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for a customer service work at home position on 07/31/14. I received an email in regards to an interview the same day 07/31/2014. I scheduled interview for Saturday, August 2. It was a virtual interview where you had to log onto an adobe connect room and call in on a conference line as well. First they start off by asking you what kind of Windows you had. And if you answered no to the question they took you out of the room and added your application into a pool of different job opportunities. Then the recruiter advised everyone of the position and certain things that you would need. The recruiter asked a series of poll questions that popped up on the screen and if it wasn't a fit for you then your application was put into a pool for different job opportunities. The question process was about 5 questions long and then you had to do a technical question that showed that you knew how to use a computer. One of the interview questions were tell me about a time that you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it, and what steps did you take. The technical task just asked for you to take screen shots of your computer settings, for example your windows version, internet explorer version, and how fast your internet is. The interview was supposed to last 2 hours, but it was like 3 in a half, because I was offered the position the exact same day. It was a pretty easy interview and the recruiter was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, but they do ask you questions with a link to where you can find the answer. You have to dig pretty deep to find the answer to the question though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay rate was set!!!

CCP Interview

Interview

very simple. filled out the application got call back the same day. Did a virtual group interview, got hired the same day. Had to pay for own background and drug testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none they offer you something but tell you something different

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES (Louisville, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Everything seemed fine until the days and times I was supposed to start didn't match up with what was listed on my Pre-Employment Session.There was a lot of paperwork, but that didn't bother me. Their Website was a little shabby, and when you clicked on a guide that you needed for the employment process, it was like it was broken because it took you back to the main website. I had to search on Google for the guide.

Interview Questions

• If you were on an ISS for 5 years circling Saturn, describe what your day would be like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I inquired as to why I have different hours than what I selected, and the interviewer (who was really nice and professional) just didn't seem to know what I meant. However, it was late at night on a weekend so that's probably part of the problem.

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied online the proccess took about an hour. I had an interview a week later. The interview process took about 3hrs and I was offered a job right after. You sit there for most of the time listening and then answer one of five questions the give you. Once the job offer has been given you do a pre screening and then you start training.

Interview Questions

• They ask to research some sites to answer specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES (Tampa Palms, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Questions

• Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Interview

Expect to take an average of 4 weeks from 1st Interview to finalizing the hiring process. A drug screen is provided at no cost to prospective employee. You should have a scanner or know how to use your smartphone to take pictures and upload. All documents must be copied and provided to complete process including Drivers License or State ID and Social Security card. A drug screening is paid for and a thorough background check is conducted, It may take a few weeks to verify all documentation. The process starts with an email informing you of a meeting online. A group interview is conducted and the facilitator explains how everything should work and what is expected of you for the particular company you are applying to represent. If you cannot meet those expectations you are told that you will be placed back in the job pool and selected when something comes up that will work for you. That's what happened with me and a few days later, I received an email inviting me to apply for the same company but not work on Saturday, which was what I had requested in my initial interview. You will then advance through several more interviews and be asked to upload pictures from your computer of your equipment that is required for the job. A newer model computer, (Windows 7 or newer), a usb headset with mic for training classes, a phone with a headset and microphone and you must have a "plain old landline" for phone service. A minimum high speed broadband, dsl or cable Internet connection is also required, You must pay for all the equipment and monthly service for phone and internet. You may be able to deduct business expenses at Tax time if you file long form. Most, not all, but most communication is done by email. It is difficult to get to speak with anyone until you start training.

Interview Questions

• It is all easy and very informal. There are none of the "trick" question that you would get in a regular brick and mortar job type of interview. It is laid back and easy going. The most difficult part would be if you were not familiar with a computer and how to navigate through Windows and the 3 major browsers, including cleaning cookies and cache and having the proper version of Internet Explorer. They want to hire and give you every opportunity to become an employee. The most difficult part would come from the training program if you are not intuitive and a very fast learner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. You must commit to a schedule for a period of 1 full year, before you are ever officially hired, There is an early morning or afternoon shift or you might work a split shift and 5 days a week for a full time position. You may also choose if you want to work part time. Overtime is available on a regular basis and approximately after 3 months you may be asked if you want to promote to a trainer or a "Life Coach".

Customer Care and Finance Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I like that they gave you a presentation on what the position is about before you accept the interview. Interview process was very quick. The hiring process was smooth even though there was a little problem with an item during my background check.

Interview Questions

• Know information about Credit Cards. Go to the website HowStuffWorks.com. They will as a couple of questions from that page.   Answer Question