SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2013.

Hiring process was very long. They interviewed me 3 times an for that last third time they almost had me to come back a week later but decided to interview the third one the same day. he interview consisted of a lot of questions. Vey difficult questions. If you work for this company, do not make it a permanent job as this place is a revolving door. All this company cares about are your scores. A lot o favoritism in this building. I'm glad I escaped this hell hole!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you bent the rules to get the job done?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was perfect and I obtained just what I wanted.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in January 2013.

first I received a email, the recruiter basically asked me more questions about job history. Then there was a phone interview where the recruiter gave more details about the job, salary and training, she was very helpful and very easy to be reached i think her name was jennifer frease anyway next was the face to face interview it went pretty smooth asked obvious work history and role playing questions. offered the job same day, also did mouth swab drug test same day at the facility.

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES in December 2012.

Online app, one phone call asking to come in for interview. They bring in around 25 people at once, only interview 5 out them as they have already selected the people they want based off of the online details. At that point if you are one of the lucky picked ones, you start hire paperwork. The interviewer asked two questions. Drugs? Convictions? If no to both they sent you back to doing paperwork and doing the drug test there in the room.

Sykes Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton-Freewater, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton-Freewater, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at SYKES in November 2012.

Complete application, take an online customer service test then have interview.

Financial Service Representative, Temp Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in November 2012.

the interview process its self is good, you come in sit at a computer take a basic typing test and a simple computer knowledge test. if they like the results on top of your resume they call you in for an interview a couple days later. first a Hr personal interviews you as questions about work related situations you may have been in then a team manger does an interview with you as well asking the same type of questions all well listening to the tone of your voice to see if you'd sound good on the phones. if they like what they here your taken back to the call center portion of the building and you listen to the calls of a senior agent if you feel you want to take the job after that they schule orientation for you the fallowing week,

Interview Questions
    • questions regarding how you would handle other peoples ethics and beliefs, also questions regarding how you would defuse stressful situations with customers.   Answer Question
    there was none you take what your given or you don't get the job they will not change or adjust your pay depending on your experience if you do not accept what they pay they will not hire you. how ever they will work with your school schedule if you go to collage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in August 2012.

My first interview was with about 4 people. Two HR and a few Managers, asked several basic customer service behavioroul questions, and other questions such as "giving an example of an angry customer yelling at you, and turning it around into a positive situation and the customer leaving satisfied?"

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult questions, it was very bland and easy.   View Answer
    There really wasn't a negotiation, it was more of you take what we give you, don't like it oh well kind of thing. They offered 9.00/hour then after 6 months bump up the pay .50. Been on a hiring freeze for two years now.

Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in July 2012.

Phone interview, you get a call, they ask typical questions like what kind of situations you have been in, your experience, whether you need full or part time

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES in June 2012.

Applied for the position online. Had to take a virtual call center test, and answer several questions. Received email to schedule interview. Was offered the job on the first interview. Interview was very easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You take the position as it is offered.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in June 2012.

They had me take an assessment test that would grade my capability to multi-task and navigate through different screens, as well as my choices on how to respond to the consumer. Then they told me about the position that I was being hired for and the next training date. I had to take a drug test as well.

Interview Questions
    I told her that I would like a morning schedule and she said that she would put in a request and that it shouldn't be a problem. In terms of money, there was no negotiation. She said we pay $11.00 p/h and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in May 2012.

The interviewer went over my resume. He seemed to be very impressed with my past work history. He asked me questions about my past employment and told me the nature of the job I was applying for, salary, and paid time off He also told me about other incentives and told me when the next training date was for new hires.