SYKES

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in October 2013.

So far so good

Interview Questions
    • trying to get all I-9 paperwork filled out and submitted   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

After applying at the beginning of the month, it took them a good couple of weeks to call me, so don't be too disappointed if you don't hear right away.
    I received a call from who seems to be their administrator at the front desk. It wasn't much of a phone screen, she just asked about the distance between their office and where I live, and clarified their hourly rate. She then asked when I would be able to come and do "testing" at their location. We arranged a mutually acceptable time and she advised me to bring my resume and social security card.
    They have a secure building, so don't be surprised if you pull the door the first time and it doesn't open - the administrator has to buzz you in. After entering the building, I was asked to "sign in". I could see from the clipboard that they had had several people in for "testing". As I signed in, the administrator was preparing a computer for me to test. There were four computers in the waiting room with her office being separated by just a glass pane (Kind of like a doctor's office).
    The first two parts of the "testing" was pretty standard - The behavior questions and "Agree/Disagree" type. There were a couple of strange things I hadn't be asked before - How many hours did you spend doing chores in high school? How much time did you spend on extracurricular activities in high school? Otherwise, fine. The most irritating thing about "testing" was that the administrator didn't seem capable of keeping the room quiet. People would come in and be talking very loudly and laughing behind me, which made it difficult to concentrate. Very unprofessional.
    The reason I have given this interview a difficult rating is due to the third part of testing - the call center simulator. I've been doing call centers for almost 10 years, so for me it was a piece of cake, however if you are new to a call center environment, or are not comfortable with computers, you are going to struggle with this. Basically, the simulator takes you "through a call center" kind of like a computer game. You learn their "system" of finding accounts, taking payments, leaving notes, looking up info in the knowledge bank etc. And then you are expected to "take calls." In your headphones, you will hear the customer speaking and asking questions, and you will have to respond via multiple choice responses while using the system to find answers and verify information. It requires you to be able to multitask (typing as the customer talks), follow instructions, and retain all the information from the "training." Again, be prepared to struggle with this if you're new to a call center.
    After the testing, I was asked to wait while my results were compiled, which went through fine. I was then taken into a side office with the administrator who asked me a few standard questions. Be prepared with examples of talking to an angry customer etc. From the interview guide she was using, it appeared like their were quite a few more questions than she asked me, so I'm not sure why she skipped what she did. As you will see below, the questions asked were very awkwardly written.
    The administrator then talked about the expectations of the job and company in general. They have a zero tolerance policy for cell phones - if you are caught with one, you are termed on the spot. They also have "shift bids" for schedules. Your order of selection is based on your rank, which is 75% based on performance and 25% seniority. Having worked at numerous call centers where people have been there 20-30 years and are low performers, but based on seniority they receive all the best shifts, this is a great process. Very fair and motivating. They also have a business-professional dress code, although for the the remainder of 2013, the site director authorized the dress code to be casual (Another person who came in to "test" came in wearing jeans and flip-flops. Advice - Even though though they currently have a casual dress code, it was commented on that I was dressed professional in comparison with the other applicant. Dress for success!) They also have a 100% attendance requirement for training.
    After the administrator finished speaking with me, one of the supervisors came in. She didn't ask me any questions really, and just further explained about the position. She advised me that they have client based incentives on top of the hourly pay. If the incentives she described are accurate, they are very good in comparison with other call centers I've worked for. She also talked about opportunities for advancement.
    In trying to get more information about the entire compensation package, including benefits, no one was very knowledgeable. I was advised that their healthcare was through Starbridge, but neither of the people I interacted with elected to go through them (red flag) and they also "have an Alfac rep."
    At the end, I was offered the position pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you heard a co-working talking bad about someone else. What did you do, and did you find it valuable?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer using profanity with you, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • How do you work working your time in order to be on time for appointments?   View Answer
    The bottom line is that this is a call center position. If you're not looking for a call center, this is not for you. If you are not going to be able to come to work every day or stay off your cell phone, don't waste your time. I really wish they had had more information about the healthcare, and that the testing environment had been better.

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

HR Recruiter was pleasant and very informative. I had to take a call center assessment test on the computer. Was then asked in the office to answer questions pertaining to the job and how I have/would handle situations. Met with floor supervisor whom was also pleasant and welcoming. She as well asked me questions. I was then hired and took a drug test in office while I filled out the normal new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I was told the hourly was $10.65/hr with the option in the future to train further to make 11.15/hr

End User Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

Had 7 interviews. Was not given realistic job description, HR seemed hostile, never had to do an in-person interview Had to complete background check, drug-screen, references were called, and employment verification for past positions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you taking this job with the intention of leaving?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary up 50%

Customer Service Representative (Work At Home) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES in June 2013.

Originally applied through Alpine Access. completed the application online. Did a Phone Audition, where you simply read a script on a voice messaging system. I checked my account online a week later to find an invitation to interview for a position. It allowed me to review the hours , training and wage compensation. When I tried to select an interview time, it was full. I had to wait a few days to return to my account to find a open timeslot.

Once the interview was scheduled, it explained that it would be a Group Interview online through Adobe Connect. I was told to be prepared for possibly 2 hours of interviewing and to have examples of my previous work history available.

The Interview Process: I received a courtesy call two hours before the interview, however, since my interview was scheduled for 9AM pacific time, she called me at 5AM.....
    I logged into Adobe Connect 15 mins early on the day I was scheduled, using the web link and codes provided. IT IS IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS for LOGGING IN. It will test your computer to see if it is compatible for Adobe Connect. Next, I waited for the host to arrive. Once the host arrived, I could see 17 other names of interviewees waiting. The host made sure we were prepared to start. A few people were late and you could hear their children and a nurse in the background. The host had to repeatedly explain that our phones needed to be on MUTE. She proceeded to explain the details of the position, along with questions for us regarding availabilities and agreements for schedules/background checks/credit checks/etc. I was prompted with a box on my screen in which I had to select my answer/response. If someone had a question, they were permitted to click on an icon to show their hand was raised.

Interview Questions:
    At the end of the first hour of the host explaining the position and asking questions about availability and etc, the real interview started. We were given 15 minutes to answer 4 questions pertaining to our previous work history and how we would handle a situation. They were not hard questions at all. However, I strongly suggest reviewing your career history and prepare to type in your responses within 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, in front of everyone on the phone and Adobe Connect Group interview, we gave a response one - by -one. It took a while , but it was not hard at all.

END of Interview: At the end of the group interview, I was given instructions of what to do. I was provided with an OFFER immediately after the interview and had to download info pertaining to the interview. The whole GROUP INTERVIEW lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes. There were extended periods of time due to uncooperative candidates that did not follow instructions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. TIP: FOr group interviews, be patient and follow instructions. Prepare yourself by signing in early and refreshing yourself about your past job duties so that you can type in your responses within 15 minutes.   Answer Question

I declined the offer because throughout the whole interview, I was provided with shifts and dates that were CONTRARY to what was advertised. Totally off from what was advertised, however I was offered other positions with 4 days of the interview. TIP: Don't settle for something unless you must - be prepared for things to change at the last minute with scheduling and training dates. If possible, simply wait for the right position to come along through Sykes / AlpineAccess. They have multiple positions with multiple shifts. Don't settle if you can help it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in March 2013.

1 interview and it was terrible because I was so nervous

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your friend destroying school property?
      Name a time you were pressured?
      Why should we hire you?
      What would you do if you had a problem with a co-worker?

Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

I filled out an application online yesterday and immediately received a invitation to interview. I was able to schedule my own interview time and received support from my job recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult. The hardest thing was getting over my nerves. Since everything is done over the phone you have to try to sound as alive as possible without being weird. My interview was also a group interview so that was a little added pressure.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2013.

Hiring process was very long. They interviewed me 3 times an for that last third time they almost had me to come back a week later but decided to interview the third one the same day. he interview consisted of a lot of questions. Vey difficult questions. If you work for this company, do not make it a permanent job as this place is a revolving door. All this company cares about are your scores. A lot o favoritism in this building. I'm glad I escaped this hell hole!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you bent the rules to get the job done?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was perfect and I obtained just what I wanted.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in January 2013.

first I received a email, the recruiter basically asked me more questions about job history. Then there was a phone interview where the recruiter gave more details about the job, salary and training, she was very helpful and very easy to be reached i think her name was jennifer frease anyway next was the face to face interview it went pretty smooth asked obvious work history and role playing questions. offered the job same day, also did mouth swab drug test same day at the facility.

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES in December 2012.

Online app, one phone call asking to come in for interview. They bring in around 25 people at once, only interview 5 out them as they have already selected the people they want based off of the online details. At that point if you are one of the lucky picked ones, you start hire paperwork. The interviewer asked two questions. Drugs? Convictions? If no to both they sent you back to doing paperwork and doing the drug test there in the room.