SYKES

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2014.

The day after submitting the application, I was called by a person from Concierge Services. I called them back, at which point a phone interview was conducted. After this I scheduled an in person interview for the following Monday, where I spoke with two managers and was immediately offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You either take the job for $9.50 per hour, whatever schedule they decide for you, or you don't take the job at all.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

First, I filled out an online application and there was a skills test. After that was completed you will be presented with a position and will be able to schedule an interview online. The interview was conducted in an Adobe Connect online chat room and there was a conference call that you had to call in to listen to the interviewer describe the position pay and benefits. This portion lasted an hour. During each step the interviewer would put up polls asking can you commit to these shifts, can you pass a drug,credit, and background check. If not then they would put you back in the pool for other positions.

Then after that part was completed you were given 20 minutes to answer 3 questions and complete a technical task which was to take screenshots of the specs of your computer and upload them to the same website where you applied. After the 20 minutes were up the interviewer asked each person to read one of their questions with the response. After that she said she needed a few minutes to review everyone's screenshots to weed out people who did not meet system requirements.

If you did not get the job then you would receive a screen saying that they would contact you in 1-3 business days. If you did receive the job then a screen would come up where you had to download some forms and start the process to getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Just be prepared with past work experiences and be prepared to work quickly those 20 minutes go by fast!   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay and benefits were outline and it was take it or leave it.

Account Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview Process was awesome and easy.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really ask you any questions but they do a credit check   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

Went in to apply for the job and I was interviewed, drug tested and hired on the spot.

Fashion Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SYKES in October 2013.

you basically went to a virtua meeting room and then you dial in when its time. they go over presentation, then they put you into your own rooms to answer three questions and do a techinal task after that you read one of your reponse to the recuiter and if she likes what you wrote then she will foward to a screen with them offering youa positionand if not then theyll give you the standard screen of final step well let you now in 1-3 business days. be yourself and dont be nervous and youll do just fine and get the job and make sure that reponses are detailed and use good grammar

nope

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES in October 2013.

So far so good

Interview Questions
    • trying to get all I-9 paperwork filled out and submitted   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

After applying at the beginning of the month, it took them a good couple of weeks to call me, so don't be too disappointed if you don't hear right away.
    I received a call from who seems to be their administrator at the front desk. It wasn't much of a phone screen, she just asked about the distance between their office and where I live, and clarified their hourly rate. She then asked when I would be able to come and do "testing" at their location. We arranged a mutually acceptable time and she advised me to bring my resume and social security card.
    They have a secure building, so don't be surprised if you pull the door the first time and it doesn't open - the administrator has to buzz you in. After entering the building, I was asked to "sign in". I could see from the clipboard that they had had several people in for "testing". As I signed in, the administrator was preparing a computer for me to test. There were four computers in the waiting room with her office being separated by just a glass pane (Kind of like a doctor's office).
    The first two parts of the "testing" was pretty standard - The behavior questions and "Agree/Disagree" type. There were a couple of strange things I hadn't be asked before - How many hours did you spend doing chores in high school? How much time did you spend on extracurricular activities in high school? Otherwise, fine. The most irritating thing about "testing" was that the administrator didn't seem capable of keeping the room quiet. People would come in and be talking very loudly and laughing behind me, which made it difficult to concentrate. Very unprofessional.
    The reason I have given this interview a difficult rating is due to the third part of testing - the call center simulator. I've been doing call centers for almost 10 years, so for me it was a piece of cake, however if you are new to a call center environment, or are not comfortable with computers, you are going to struggle with this. Basically, the simulator takes you "through a call center" kind of like a computer game. You learn their "system" of finding accounts, taking payments, leaving notes, looking up info in the knowledge bank etc. And then you are expected to "take calls." In your headphones, you will hear the customer speaking and asking questions, and you will have to respond via multiple choice responses while using the system to find answers and verify information. It requires you to be able to multitask (typing as the customer talks), follow instructions, and retain all the information from the "training." Again, be prepared to struggle with this if you're new to a call center.
    After the testing, I was asked to wait while my results were compiled, which went through fine. I was then taken into a side office with the administrator who asked me a few standard questions. Be prepared with examples of talking to an angry customer etc. From the interview guide she was using, it appeared like their were quite a few more questions than she asked me, so I'm not sure why she skipped what she did. As you will see below, the questions asked were very awkwardly written.
    The administrator then talked about the expectations of the job and company in general. They have a zero tolerance policy for cell phones - if you are caught with one, you are termed on the spot. They also have "shift bids" for schedules. Your order of selection is based on your rank, which is 75% based on performance and 25% seniority. Having worked at numerous call centers where people have been there 20-30 years and are low performers, but based on seniority they receive all the best shifts, this is a great process. Very fair and motivating. They also have a business-professional dress code, although for the the remainder of 2013, the site director authorized the dress code to be casual (Another person who came in to "test" came in wearing jeans and flip-flops. Advice - Even though though they currently have a casual dress code, it was commented on that I was dressed professional in comparison with the other applicant. Dress for success!) They also have a 100% attendance requirement for training.
    After the administrator finished speaking with me, one of the supervisors came in. She didn't ask me any questions really, and just further explained about the position. She advised me that they have client based incentives on top of the hourly pay. If the incentives she described are accurate, they are very good in comparison with other call centers I've worked for. She also talked about opportunities for advancement.
    In trying to get more information about the entire compensation package, including benefits, no one was very knowledgeable. I was advised that their healthcare was through Starbridge, but neither of the people I interacted with elected to go through them (red flag) and they also "have an Alfac rep."
    At the end, I was offered the position pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you heard a co-working talking bad about someone else. What did you do, and did you find it valuable?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer using profanity with you, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • How do you work working your time in order to be on time for appointments?   View Answer
    The bottom line is that this is a call center position. If you're not looking for a call center, this is not for you. If you are not going to be able to come to work every day or stay off your cell phone, don't waste your time. I really wish they had had more information about the healthcare, and that the testing environment had been better.

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

HR Recruiter was pleasant and very informative. I had to take a call center assessment test on the computer. Was then asked in the office to answer questions pertaining to the job and how I have/would handle situations. Met with floor supervisor whom was also pleasant and welcoming. She as well asked me questions. I was then hired and took a drug test in office while I filled out the normal new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I was told the hourly was $10.65/hr with the option in the future to train further to make 11.15/hr

End User Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in July 2013.

Had 7 interviews. Was not given realistic job description, HR seemed hostile, never had to do an in-person interview Had to complete background check, drug-screen, references were called, and employment verification for past positions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you taking this job with the intention of leaving?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary up 50%