SYNNEX

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.3

Synnex Software Engineer Interview

Implement a function which calculates the smaller angle between the hands of a 12-hour analog wall clock. A prototype in C might look like this:

double clock_angle(int hour, int minute);

For example:

At 3:00 you would call clock_angle(3, 0) and it would return 90.0.
    At 6:00 you would call clock_angle(6, 0) and it would return 180.0.
    At noon or midnight you would call clock_angle(12, 0) and it would return 0.0.
    At 3:15 you would call clock_angle(3, 15) and it would return 7.5.

For simplicity you can assume that the minute hand ticks over only at exact minute intervals (i.e. it will never be partway between minutes). The hour hand, however, moves fluidly so at 12:30 it is exactly halfway between the 12 and 1 values printed on the clock face.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SYNNEX.

4 interviews, thorough, no stupid question asked, HR was very helpful. did not look to trip you up only looking for best candidate. Need to discuss team more and have you interview the team before job

good, very helpful

Supply Chain Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYNNEX in September 2014.

Phone screening with HR 1 week after submit application online. On-site interview with hiring manager 3 days later. Interview with team member as well. 2 days later HR called and said they are looking for someone more senior for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you good with numbers? Can you keep your report accuracy?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SYNNEX.

Know a little about the industry (IT); Advise what you can do to help grow a business segment. What value you have to help a vendor want to hire you.

Interview Questions
    Very easy and relaxing, State what your value is to the company and accommodations can be made.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SYNNEX.

I med a recruiter, Adrian, at the career fair on campus. She was very boring an unexciting. Had an oncampus interview with her. Easy resume questions. Went to the office for a second round interview. Very easy. No hard questions. Didn't get the job but they emailed me and said I did a great job interviewing?

Controller - US Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYNNEX in September 2013.

I submitted my resume online and had screening with HR, thereafter in person interview with hiring manager. Overall everything went well (I was quite impressed with the hiring manager) and I was promised to bring in for next round of interview. After a weeks follow-up, I get an email indicating they decided to go with another candidate. Surprisingly, same job posting were posted online again and again. Not really sure how this really works.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYNNEX in May 2013.

on site interview with hiring manager.. no difficult questions. all basic questions: introduce yourself and your work experience. the manager was not willing to talk more about the position. He said this is a on-going opening. there seems to be no such opening. Feel like he wanted to gather field information. there seems to be no real opening.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYNNEX in May 2013.

Face to face interview with the director of business development
    Yes. I'm applying for supply chain analyst but had an interview the director of business development. He asked questions about my current jobs a lot. Like what's the culture there, what do you sell, what's the annual volume, what's the org structure. When I asked him about the position. He only said, " the job description is very easy. Just like what you saw on the website." He didn't even want to answer wetter this is a newly created position or a replacement. I felt he was trying to get information of my current job not looking for a now hire.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SYNNEX in April 2013.

Initially, the hiring manager reached out to me by phone and was very rude and cut me off several times while trying to answer his questions. I was very surprised when he offered to bring me in for an onsite interview, but I went anyway. He proceeded to tell me how unqualified I was but offered me a job with a compensation package at half the going rate for this region, which was about 30% less than the somewhat low range he mentioned on the phone screen.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, the interviewer did most of the talking and really did not ask me any questions other than some very basic ones.   Answer Question

The offer was extremely low and out of line with the scope of responsibility for this position.

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

interviewed at SYNNEX in January 2013.

The interview was set up as a panel interview, the questions were friendly, the recruiter set things up well. I ultimately was declined in favor of someone with 8 or 9 years of experience, but they were very courteous and nice. They had excellent focus on questions that would determine how to perform the job duties.