SYSCO Food Services of Houston

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of Houston.

Interview Details – 2014: Had a day in which they interviewed numerous accountants. If you passed the first interview, you immediately waited for your second interview. There were a lot of job seekers. I went through both interviews, enjoyed both interviewers.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Mainly situational/behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of Houston in January 2014.

Interview Details – I heard that the interview process is intense however; the first two were fairly easy. Of course, they ask more situational questions than anything.

Interview Question – I have my third interview next week with the Director of Accounting & will follow up afterwards.   Answer Question

Deployment Intern Interview

Deployment Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of Houston in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied online, then the HR manager got in touch with me and asked em to fill a pre screen form where there was questions on how much pay I expect, my references and my previous project experiences.

Then the HR manager asked me to call up the Hiring manager and he also said this was the deciding round. I called the Hiring manager and the interview lasted about 35 to 40 mins. It was full behavioral type interview and I had done well. In fact even the hiring manager had said that I had done the interview very well. And I can hear back in three weeks. Though I am from Dallas the position is at Houston.

I waited for nearly a month and got in touch with the HR manager who said he will get back once he knows the decision and well I am still waiting and looks like the wait seems to be like forever!

Interview Questions

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Payroll Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of Houston in October 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 4 people (the recruiter, the HR Director, the Payroll Director, and the Payroll Manager.
The interview with the recruiter went very well. She spoke about the company,its business,the open position, and the company benefits.
The interview with the HR Director was very unpleasant. She had her mind made up that she did not like me or want me there before I ever met her.
I also interviewed with the Payroll Director and the Payroll Manager. They spoke mainly about the needs of the dept and the scope of the job. I believe the Payroll Dir. was instrumental in me being offered the position.
The interview process took several weeks to complete, but I was offerred the job and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Why did I feel I was qualified for the Payroll Coordinator position?   Answer Question
  • What was it about their company that made me think I wanted to work for them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary. I would advise everyone to try to negotiate salary and number of vacation days.

Worked for SYSCO Food Services of Houston? Contribute to the Community!