SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco

Unclaimed Profile

SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied on line as was called by HR for an interview. After some basic questions, I was scheduled another day with a DSM. Interview was indept about my experiences and tons of senarios. What was my biggest challenge was also a question. Hiring process was lengthy ( interviewed with six other managers ). Be prepared for the customer scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

can't remember

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted application via fax - they are not set-up for on-line applications. Invited to interview with HR @ HQ & watch job description video. 2 weeks later, invited to interview with 3 managers at nearby site. Managers used standardized prepared questionnaires to "score" candidates. Questions were situational ie., "Tell me about a time a suggestion you made was not implemented by your former employer" "Where do you like to eat, locally" "What do you do when you hit a roadblock with an account" "Tell me about a day in your current job"

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you need to complete work on a deadline and you have many distractions?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your boss asked you to do something you disliked.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco in January 2011.

Interview

I initially applied for the position online and was called a week later to come in for an interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a lady from H.R. She led me to a room to watch a 30min video on "To be or not to be" a Marketing Associate or M.A. for short. The video consisted of job scenarios that an MA might encounter, such as: prospecting within existing accounts, cold calling technique with follow up, handling disagreements, collections and oncall flexibility and availability. After the video, she then proceeded to ask me some general to resume specific questions which lasted for approximately 15 min. After her closing statement, she advised me that, I would be called either way (denied or accepted) for a second level interview. This would involve interviewing with three separate Regional Managers individually for an hour each, so expect to stay for a minimum of 3hrs. I'm still waiting for a phone call...it's been 5 days since the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging for me at the time was "What if you encounter a client that doesn't want to pay the monthly invoice?"   1 Answer
    • "What makes you a good choice for this position?"   Answer Question