Saab AB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Adelaide (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Saab AB in August 2009.

Interview Details – I knew someone who worked there, I gave them a call, they gave me the number of the HR recruitment lady, I called her and she asked me to send in my resume.
She responded a few days later for me to go in and have an interview.
I have one interview and they mad me an offer, we negotiated a bit, and then I accepted.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes - they didn't budge much from their initial offer.
They struggled to match my previous company' salary

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Saab AB in March 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with my future boss, and one with a HR person. The interview with HR was pretty much going through a standard personality test I had made online in advance. She only brought up pleasant results, like that I was energetic and caring. So nothing to be afraid about really. My future (or nowadays present boss) mostly talked about stuff like how it was working for Saab back in the days of the cold war. He was very impressed with my knowledge within subjects like submarine incidents and old fighter jet models. Practice your cold war history, chances are you boss doesn't know what C++ is anyways.

Interview Question – None really. The HR women asked my about my weak sides.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation. They pretty much had standard salaries for fresh engineers, I got the highest salary on that scale. Even though my boss agreed I was worth more, there wasn't much he could do about it. Or at least that is what he sad.

Trainee Interview

Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Saab AB.

Interview Details – Interview with boss and HR boss.

Interview Question – What did you like best in your education?   Answer Question

Group Controller Interview

Group Controller
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Saab AB in March 2010.

Interview Details – CV guidandace at first and questions about what I knew about the company. At later stages in 1:1 interviews there were small case questions of general IQ and market sizeing type. The people were friendly and the interview were more discussion than interview. To be well prepared one should practice mental math, the rest is impovisation.

Interview Question – What make Saab stand out against our competitior and what is our unic selling point?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Saab AB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saab AB interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Saab AB employees and interview candidates.