Saatchi & Saatchi Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.6

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in their New York location a week or so after submitting application via LinkedIn. She connected me to the manager of their Oakbrook Terrace location which focuses specifically on Toyota. Everyone was very nice and laid back. It was a conversational interview where you learned a lot about what that specific office does and they learned about your overall career experience. It's a small office and basically everyone there interviewed me. One of the better interviews I've been on except I had to contact the recruiter to find out my fate (that's the only, but major, con).

Interview Questions

• Went through the experience listed on resume and talked about it. Then got to ask my own questions. Bring lots of copies of your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Interview

super casual interview, she mainly asked about my resume and talked to me about the whole program. however recruiter kept having to reschedule the interview, and it became more frustrating than exciting by the time i interviewed.

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a quick request for interview after submitting my initial application, so we immediately set up an interview date. The day before our scheduled interview the HR person I was to interview with rescheduled. I understand things come up, so we set a new date no problem. When the day came, a couple hours before we were to have our call she cancelled on me again. It got to the point where I didn't even get to interview within the window that was set by HR for the entire intern pool to interview in the first place. Then when we finally had our call, she rushed me off the phone and barely gave me the time of day. Pretty sure they had already filled the positions. Why string me along and ask me to interview if you're not even going to give me a fair shot? It was a very unnecessarily frustrating process.

Chief Digital Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was an internal referral, but I had a quick interview then I flew out for a two days of interviews with various members of the team. When I arrived, due to some last minute changes and urgent meetings my first day of meetings was cancelled (aside from a long talk with HR). Since I was traveling, we rescheduled my next day to include more people and less time. My talks were very nice. They clearly are a bit behind and lost some of the "Saatchi" name. They still don't know what it takes to get it back other than doing good work, but I suppose that is what I was interviewing to help define. They do have a very strong financial weight on traditional advertising, so I got the impression a digital role had a heavy load to lift to produce success. After I flew home, they were incredibly quiet. I was scheduled to have a follow up with someone I didn't get to meet and that never happened. I suppose it was their way to say, not interested. I had to wait about two months for them to finally pay my expenses and I found a different job in the mean time.

Interview Questions

• Their interview method was very conversational about my history and point of view.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Interview

I submitted my application and then interviewed via Skype. On Skype had a 15 minute interview. Asked basic questions. We went over my resume, I explained why I wanted to work at Saatchi and Saatchi, etc. It took them a few weeks after that to let me know that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. It felt very casual and conversational. Mostly questions about my background and why I wanted to move into Advertising. I interviewed with two people and both were pleasant experiences. I will need to return for another round of interviews at a later date before an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and was invited to intern with the company in the summer of 2012. Went through a Skype interview and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate because the offer was awesome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Had one phone interview which was a screening. then had another phone interview that was fairly difficult. they asked some technical questions and some case study questions and looked for analytical thinking.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people at Saatchi, two ADs, HR and head of Digital Strategy. There were two positions available, and after two interviews, they let me know that they thought I was a strong candidate for one of them. Everything was going swimmingly. I loved the people, I was well within my comfort zone, job-wise, and who doesn't love the Saatchi name. Then I got the news that I needed to speak to the client, and the AD gave me a little pep talk about how to position myself, which I thought was a sign I was pretty much in. So I had the call with the client, and it seemed to go really well. I was practically writing my "I'm leaving" speech in my head (who doesn't do that?). Then I got a call from the recruiter that they were going to pass on the offer. I tried to get some sort of feedback, but couldn't get a word out. It must have been a personality thing with the client. Who knows. But everyone at the agency seemed really smart, nice and normal.

Interview Questions

• I tend to be very busy and am sometimes unavailable. What would you do if you needed me (the client) to sign off on something by noon, but you couldn't reach me?   1 Answer

Freelance Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR professional that I met at a career fair then was asked to come in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What project have you completed that related to the work you will be doing here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a short term freelance position so no negotiation was necessary.