Saatchi & Saatchi

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I received a quick request for interview after submitting my initial application, so we immediately set up an interview date. The day before our scheduled interview the HR person I was to interview with rescheduled. I understand things come up, so we set a new date no problem. When the day came, a couple hours before we were to have our call she cancelled on me again. It got to the point where I didn't even get to interview within the window that was set by HR for the entire intern pool to interview in the first place. Then when we finally had our call, she rushed me off the phone and barely gave me the time of day. Pretty sure they had already filled the positions. Why string me along and ask me to interview if you're not even going to give me a fair shot? It was a very unnecessarily frustrating process.

Chief Digital Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in September 2014.

I was an internal referral, but I had a quick interview then I flew out for a two days of interviews with various members of the team. When I arrived, due to some last minute changes and urgent meetings my first day of meetings was cancelled (aside from a long talk with HR). Since I was traveling, we rescheduled my next day to include more people and less time. My talks were very nice. They clearly are a bit behind and lost some of the "Saatchi" name. They still don't know what it takes to get it back other than doing good work, but I suppose that is what I was interviewing to help define. They do have a very strong financial weight on traditional advertising, so I got the impression a digital role had a heavy load to lift to produce success.

After I flew home, they were incredibly quiet. I was scheduled to have a follow up with someone I didn't get to meet and that never happened. I suppose it was their way to say, not interested. I had to wait about two months for them to finally pay my expenses and I found a different job in the mean time.

Interview Questions
    • Their interview method was very conversational about my history and point of view.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi.

I submitted my application and then interviewed via Skype. On Skype had a 15 minute interview. Asked basic questions. We went over my resume, I explained why I wanted to work at Saatchi and Saatchi, etc. It took them a few weeks after that to let me know that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Account Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Interviewed on campus and was invited to intern with the company in the summer of 2012. Went through a Skype interview and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have to negotiate because the offer was awesome!

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in July 2011.

I interviewed with four different people at Saatchi, two ADs, HR and head of Digital Strategy. There were two positions available, and after two interviews, they let me know that they thought I was a strong candidate for one of them. Everything was going swimmingly. I loved the people, I was well within my comfort zone, job-wise, and who doesn't love the Saatchi name. Then I got the news that I needed to speak to the client, and the AD gave me a little pep talk about how to position myself, which I thought was a sign I was pretty much in. So I had the call with the client, and it seemed to go really well. I was practically writing my "I'm leaving" speech in my head (who doesn't do that?). Then I got a call from the recruiter that they were going to pass on the offer. I tried to get some sort of feedback, but couldn't get a word out. It must have been a personality thing with the client. Who knows. But everyone at the agency seemed really smart, nice and normal.

Interview Questions
    • I tend to be very busy and am sometimes unavailable. What would you do if you needed me (the client) to sign off on something by noon, but you couldn't reach me?   View Answer

Freelance Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in January 2011.

I was contacted by an HR professional that I met at a career fair then was asked to come in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What project have you completed that related to the work you will be doing here?   Answer Question
    It was a short term freelance position so no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in March 2010.

I applied for the internship after seeing it listed online. It took them roughly a month from when I applied for them to get back to me, and then they asked I come in for an interview, but since I live in CA, which is too far from NY, they set up a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well, but I was not offered the internship. The woman who conducted the interview made me feel very comfortable and natural.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? When is a time you displayed a weakness/made a mistake?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite/least favorite campaigns right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in March 2010.

very friendly interviewer not so intimidating.. relatable and personable

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in January 2010.

Very difficult. First, you would need to take an exam to check your general knowledge. Then, you go to the next stage to have an interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi in April 2009.

My interviewer was very cool and collected and represented Saatchi and Saatchi to the T. The interview was very informal and friendly, and I was asked to go through my resume along with where I saw myself 5, 10, and 20 years down the line. My suggestions to prepare for this interview process is to know your resume along with some good stories to tie into it, make them laugh and your sold.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase