Sabon

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabon in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was fairly pleasant and very casual. The HR was very friendly and warm.

Interview Question – there wasnt any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sabon in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was contacted within 24 hours and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was about 20 minutes long and was hired on the spot. Questions were incredibly easy. Just be honest!

Interview Question – Why SABON? What did you leave your previous job? What didn't you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable $9/hr with incentive for $1-$3 bonus if the store does well.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sabon in September 2013.

Interview Details – first, there was an interview, and then they tell you to go to training. my training was held the same day as my interview. i had spoken to other trainees and they said they were hired the day before. they got an advantage because they got a day's worth of time to study the product pamphlet. i got less than an hour. i was not explicitly told that the training was a test, because usually you are officially hired in a place of employment before you begin training. that is just the more sensical route to take. so i went through 2.5 hours of training where i was basically rapid-fire spat information about different products. my other trainees were just as frazzled as i was because our trainer would ask questions promptly afterward. nothing really sank in. i didn't know it was a test. in the interview you are asked to sign a bunch of paperwork relative to actually having the job, i.e. direct deposit information, social security number, ID, passport info, etc. sure, it may streamline the hiring process from an HR viewpoint but it also worked to lead me on thinking that i had the job. later i was informed that i was not offered employment because of my slight reticent when asked questions. i did gregariously give out samples when asked to practice doing so, and i thought i did swimmingly. but those efforts went tossed out the window.

Interview Question – after having heard a rapid stream of soap jargon, i was instantly asked which products would be good for what. i was given less than an hour to look over the pamphlet that said all the product descriptions.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted store application to store manager and emailed hard copy of personal resume to HR. About a week later was contacted for an interview. Was called and given a "training session" which was like a second interview on the floor learning about products. Received a third call asking to join the team. Was pretty quick all together but HR did make a mistake on my availability coming into the job which caused a huge mess with my manager later on.

Interview Question – "Why Sabon?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. They stated their pay and asked if I accepted. Seeing as I was unemployed, I would have accepted anything.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabon in May 2012.

Interview Details – Once you're called in for an interview, there is a 99% chance you have gotten the job. They do seem to look for prettier people, so dress well. They are Israeli and love other Israelis (trust me, if you are, MENTION IT) but they do not discriminate.

Negotiation Details – it was 9$/hr or you don't get hired. They emphasized to me the opportunities if I do well.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sabon in September 2011.

Interview Details – They will ask you questions about yourself, what do you like to do for fun? Etc you just need to be yourself and let them know your strengths and always smile!

Interview Question – Have you been to our stores before? If yes what vibe did you get?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you need the job take it. Very nice company to work for. Fun environment

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sabon in April 2008.

Interview Details – This interview is to let the candidate know about the company. There aren't any difficult questions asked. It was as if I was already hired because I was asked to fill out the W2 form. It seemed that they made their decision simply by reviewing my resume. They then say that "you have to pass the training process" but, trust me, after filling out paperwork you're hired.

Interview Question – Are you ok with keeping a positive attitude despite having problems with your personal life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very upbeat and positive.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sabon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sabon Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sabon employees and interview candidates.