Sabon Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sabon.

Interview

Submitted online application, got emailed about in person interview. That interview lasted around 10 minutes and was very basic. Then went to 4 hour training (still had not been offered position) and then got assigned to my store. They seem to be getting more strict with going to 2 5-hour training sessions at your store before you're officially hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sabon

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sabon.

Interview

Simple interview in their beautiful Soho office. Interview was very brief and was immediately told if I moved on to the next part of training. But don't expect that you are hired immediately since you need to pass 3 other trainings, which is quite annoying. The first training round is about the company products and the following two trainings are shadowings at a location you were placed in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email the morning after asking to meet for an interview. The interview itself was quick and easy; Ashley is very friendly. But Sabon's hiring process is much longer than just an interview -- it's a 4 step process. Once you are moved to the next step, you will need to attend a Product and Ingredient Training. If you pass, you will move on to two shadowings at the store they match you with. Only after the last shadowing can you be sure that you've been hired.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with our products/Have you ever been to our store before? What kind of vibe did you get?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process was very easy and simple. I applied online and the next day recieved a call for an interview. I went in and they asked the basic questions. I interviewed well and was asked to come in for a second interview, which was actually a mini demonstration to see if you would be a goof fit for the company. They have you interact with the workers acting as if you are selling the product to them. If they like your look and see you as a fit they will offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• Having to do the role playing in the store was nerve wrecking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I went into a store and bought some things then asked if they were hiring. The girl told me to apply online so I did. A few days later I got an email from HR saying they would like to schedule an interview at their corporate office. Came into their gorgeous office with one other person and was asked to re-write my application on paper while the first person got interviewed. Was called into the office and interviewed, asked questions about myself and why Sabon and stuff like that. Then I was invited to a training session at one of their stores on West 70th street the same day as the interview and went to the training session 2 days later.

Was told to bring a notebook and pen to the session and to take notes. The guy leading the session told us all about the products and what's in them and all that, lasted 3 hours. 2 other girls were there with me. We were told we'd get paid for the training and that we were being evaluated to see if we fit with the company and to see which store we'd be sent to based on logistics and whether our personalities mesh with the store.

The day after I was contacted to come in for a shadowing at one of the stores where I was told more about the products and was evaluated based on how i interacted with customers. I had to do the hand treatment demonstrations with everyone who came in and talk to them. I got paid for 3 hours and got invited to do another shadowing by the store manager. I had to take home samples and try them out so I can describe them to customers. I came back the next day for 2 hours and just interacted with customers the whole time and was then told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked: "tell me about yourself" "why Sabon" "why would you be a good fit" "what was the best thing about working retail, what's the worst" "name a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a firm $9 an hour full time job plus 40% discount and a free full sized product every month.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

first, there was an interview, and then they tell you to go to training. my training was held the same day as my interview. i had spoken to other trainees and they said they were hired the day before. they got an advantage because they got a day's worth of time to study the product pamphlet. i got less than an hour. i was not explicitly told that the training was a test, because usually you are officially hired in a place of employment before you begin training. that is just the more sensical route to take. so i went through 2.5 hours of training where i was basically rapid-fire spat information about different products. my other trainees were just as frazzled as i was because our trainer would ask questions promptly afterward. nothing really sank in. i didn't know it was a test. in the interview you are asked to sign a bunch of paperwork relative to actually having the job, i.e. direct deposit information, social security number, ID, passport info, etc. sure, it may streamline the hiring process from an HR viewpoint but it also worked to lead me on thinking that i had the job. later i was informed that i was not offered employment because of my slight reticent when asked questions. i did gregariously give out samples when asked to practice doing so, and i thought i did swimmingly. but those efforts went tossed out the window.

Interview Questions

• after having heard a rapid stream of soap jargon, i was instantly asked which products would be good for what. i was given less than an hour to look over the pamphlet that said all the product descriptions.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sabon in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted within 24 hours and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was about 20 minutes long and was hired on the spot. Questions were incredibly easy. Just be honest!

Interview Questions

• Why SABON? What did you leave your previous job? What didn't you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable $9/hr with incentive for $1-$3 bonus if the store does well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Once you're called in for an interview, there is a 99% chance you have gotten the job. They do seem to look for prettier people, so dress well. They are Israeli and love other Israelis (trust me, if you are, MENTION IT) but they do not discriminate.

Negotiation

it was 9$/hr or you don't get hired. They emphasized to me the opportunities if I do well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted store application to store manager and emailed hard copy of personal resume to HR. About a week later was contacted for an interview. Was called and given a "training session" which was like a second interview on the floor learning about products. Received a third call asking to join the team. Was pretty quick all together but HR did make a mistake on my availability coming into the job which caused a huge mess with my manager later on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They stated their pay and asked if I accepted. Seeing as I was unemployed, I would have accepted anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

They will ask you questions about yourself, what do you like to do for fun? Etc you just need to be yourself and let them know your strengths and always smile!

Interview Questions

• Have you been to our stores before? If yes what vibe did you get?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you need the job take it. Very nice company to work for. Fun environment