Sabre Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.9

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

The application to interview process was straightforward. Received a call from in-house recruiter as an initial interest screen and then a callback the next day to set up an in-person interview about 2-weeks in advance.

2 panel, 3-person interviews using standard behavioral questions. The entire interview process was underwhelming. The hiring manager and next level up were late and seemed distracted throughout the process.

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sabre in February 2010.

Group interviews, one on one and sometimes brought in to interview with the VP. Initial interview is usually with the internal HR recruiter. The individuals interviewing in a group are mostly peers. Some peers have experience interviewing where others are clearly inept at the process.

Senior Release Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in June 2010.

I heard from the hiring manager directly for a phone interview. When I came in for the interview there were more than 5 people present. I heard back fairly quickly and it appeared they were anxious to get the position filled. During the interview I was a little surprised at the simplicity of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while since I interviewed but I really can't remember any really difficult questions. As far as technical, the questions were more probing around the process they were trying to implement.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was pretty short. I negotiated more time off, but that was about it.

Principal Business Operations and Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Handled as a panel interview. Questions focus on resource management, planning and tracking experience. T&I management and department budgeting were also critical areas. Went through 1st round of individual interviews, second round of panel, third round of management interviews before final negotiations. Final negotiations went several rounds as HR was determined to negotiate my price down. I had to stick to my numbers over several weeks before finally getting what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    HR picked a number and stuck to it. I walked. They finally came back with a new number. I increased mine. We settled on my number.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre.

More or less 1-way interview which did not allow for the candidate to ask questions. 100% of interview was over phone. Would have preferred some face time with hiring manager as well as VP. Communication was limited due to 3rd party being involved. Company need to do better in this area

Interview Questions
    • Not given the whole picture of the situation prior to accepting the offer. Would have preferred to understand the situation better as well provide thorough understanding of skillset   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Applied online. Helps to know people on the inside. If you can find someone inside the company to get your resume to hiring manager, the better. You still have to apply online though. Interview was basically behavioral. Pretty easy interview process. Some technical positions might have to do some white board programming.

Make sure you get everything in writing.

Principal Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

HR really slow, once in the door was pretty quick, 3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 mgrs.

asked for more, got it. Asked for extra week of PTO, got it. no issues.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in July 2010.

Initial contact via phone by recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then next level up (VP in this case). If you're brought in for on-site be prepared for long day of at least 6-8 one-on-one interviews. Once the on-site is over it can still take time for them to call you back; it is a very slow process. Many of your one-on-ones will be with people from completely different areas. Even if you're not the right fit for the job you're interviewing for those people might decide to move forward with you about a different position. Once I was hired I became part of the interviewing group in my particular area.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. They typically ask you questions about your background and try to determine your level of knowledge about the product you'd potentially manage. Example: If you're going to be managing a Fleet Planning tool then they'll ask you about Fleet Planning. They are very focused on the Product Manager also being somewhat of a subject matter expert.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate. Negotiations typically happen with the HR rep not the hiring manager. They pretty much expect that you'll ask for 10% more but they will only adjust a little; don't expect to get even 5% unless they really want you.

Senior Release Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sabre.

The interview was face to face using technology. I was taken to a mulitmedia room so I could have a face to face interview with two future team members from another country. The questions were difficult and you have to be prepared to listen carefully since English is their second (or third) language. I had just the one interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time that I had a conflict with another employee. This type of question can go badly if you have not prepared ahead of time   View Answer
    They made an offer and I accepted. However, I would recommend that you negotiate for additional time off. As a seasoned professional, I should have had more than 15 days of PTO per year - this includes floating holidays, vacation days and sick days.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in November 2010.

They will have multiple interviews that will ask what you did and give examples on how you handled different situations.

Interview Questions
    • make sure you have plenty of real life experience examples on how you handled difficult projects.   Answer Question
    they gave the number and i simply accepted. not much room for negotiation.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!