Sabre Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Exhausting and long. They are very thorough and it took over 4 months from the time I got the first interview until I got the offer and then they wanted me to start as soon as possible. I had around 10 interviews (different people) and travelled to headquarters twice. Ultimately it was worth the wait but it was not a quick process. Now from the inside there are several people that have to approve that make the process VERY slow and difficult.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specific questions about previous experience as it relates to the job. Expected.   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed by one person. Questions were just standard C++ questions, nothing easy, nothing super hard. One tricky question but otherwise very standard. Very easy going interviewer as well.
    As long as you knew object oriented programming, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading, it was good.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you faced in your previous job and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone for a contract to hire position. This was in their Products and Systems Delivery Division, where they had a couple of new projects taking off written in C++ and Java.

Interview Questions

• Lot of C++ questions, standard stuff related to object oriented programming, operator overloading, inheritance, polymorphism.
      Nothing a decent C++ programmer should be afraid of.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

I got Interview Email from recruiter after i gave my resume in college career fair. I had positive response during career fair and i was looking forward to get one such opportunity. At career fair they explained me clearly the position and responsibilities. I has first round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are equals and hashcode implemented ?
      2. What are immutable classes in java?
      3. What is implicit conversion in Java?
      4. What are different notations for analysis of algorithms? and differences between them
      5. They asked me to explain all my projects

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sabre (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Got the Interview call through on campus career fair. The interview was just for one round which was telephonic.Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience

Interview Questions

• Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience   Answer Question

Principal, Airline Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

HR phone screening, followed by the hiring Director interview, met with several other team members, progressed to the Vice President and finally the CMO. All of the interviews were one on one. Based on the behaviors (checking emails, text messages, etc.) during two of the sessions it was very distracting and unprofessional. Sabre HR needs to put their mid and senior management through a basic interview training class to ensure that standards are maintained to provide a fair and equitable platform for the candidates as well as the hiring executives.

Interview Questions

• Situational, what if questions very hypothetical and also without any deep knowledge of the industry so where not very insightful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary and time off up front. There is some latitude within the defined ranges for the company and equivalent positions.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online on company website and got a call for onsite interview after 15 days of application. The hiring team - manager and tech lead interviewed me for about one and half hour. The interview started with resume based questions, then questions on my previous work experience as I worked as a .NET developer for a couple of years before pursuing MS in CS. They asked questions on OOP, SQL, .NET web services and Windows services. They also asked me a couple of puzzles to solve based on logic and mathematics.

This was followed by an online assessment test of 30 objective questions on OOP to be solved in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions like difference between array and struct and what is preferred data structure, questions on normalization of database, give a real time scenario where normalization of DB is not preferred and how to perform efficient search on non-indexed relation tables, how are requests to web service sent and received, what tool is used to test web service, what is the use of windows services   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sabre.

Interview

They are good and Organized. First, they send an email to arrange for the phone interview. The interview itself was not difficult. it is an average interview with screening questions.
    I enjoy the process of going over my resume. Then, he asked about the job and my interest in this kind of job. Then. He went over some of the job task and check if I have done something similar before.
    Good interview over all

Principal Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Initial interview with department Vice President, lasted over an hour, although he spent most of his time checking emails, text messages on his cell phone. In fact, he took a personal call during the interview. Overall a non-professional experience. Showed lack of maturity and lack of respect towards the candidate.

Second interview with C-Level Executive was more conversational in nature and focused on validating the candidate's experience and application to the organization and goals.

Interview Questions

• Vice President interview was Silicon Valley style with few questions related to candidate's experience, more focused on "what would you do..." to flesh out the candidate's strategic thinking process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary and additional personal time off

Interview

Initial interview was conducted in two parts, first by the hiring manager and then by an HR representative. The hiring manager asked some detailed questions regarding sales process and overall philosophy behind the approach. Additional drill down questions were asked about different steps in the process with some being situational based. The time spent with HR was more about the company and culture of the organization with a few baseline questions regarding background.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were overly difficult, it was just a matter of explaining in a lot of detail what your sales process involved.   Answer Question