Sabre Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Reservation Sales Agent/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sabre (Westlake, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Pros: The call center is located in Westlake which is not too far away from Dallas, Texas. The call center job starts off at $12 an hour in what looked like a clean atmosphere. The dress code seemed to be business casual and casual. The corporate villages have very interesting architecture. The small town of Westlake shows promise in that it could develop into a modern city. Cons: I felt the recruiter was disorganized and not completely truthful even though I managed to get an interview. I was interviewed by two apathetic female managers at the call center. I felt the interview did not go well. The 45 minute interview process was very tedious because they over-focused on questions related to "What would you do to handle an angry or disgruntled customer?" They also kept hinting that they had many angry customers. During the interview process I did not feel respected or comfortable. Another problem is that this call center is located near DFW Airport so you can expect a lot of traffic jams and pollution in the air.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

You have to interview with ever manager all the way to the CMO, regardless of the job level. All this means is they do not trust their managers to hire the right people.

Interview Questions

• What not the question asked it was the fact that the interviewer texted throughout the entire process. Made little to know no eye contact.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Initial interview with department Vice President, lasted over an hour, although he spent most of his time checking emails, text messages on his cell phone. In fact, he took a personal call during the interview. Overall a non-professional experience. Showed lack of maturity and lack of respect towards the candidate. Second interview with C-Level Executive was more conversational in nature and focused on validating the candidate's experience and application to the organization and goals.

Interview Questions

• Vice President interview was Silicon Valley style with few questions related to candidate's experience, more focused on "what would you do..." to flesh out the candidate's strategic thinking process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary and additional personal time off

Software Developer, Contributor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

They give a presentation about saber ,then there was a 40 minutes test with 30 question from English,aptitude and technical .then selected candidates go for the interview in which they ask about projects ,some basic c and java questions . They take candidates basis on there communication skills.

Relocation

Senior Account Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sabre (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process can be lengthy. Typically begins with a Sabre recruiter contacting the perspective employee. This person doesn't traditionally conduct an actual interview but mainly acts as a facilitator to set-up an interview with the appropriate hiring manager. Interview styles vary across teams and managers but they are typically looking for a skill set the organization doesn't already posses. So accentuating skills outside those standard and customary for the given position will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are fairly standard and vary depending on the hiring manager and department. However be wary of hidden meanings, such as are you free to travel 25% of the time which typically means 75% of the time. Are you free to work evening and weekends as necessary, i.e. on call 24/7 even during paid time off or hospitalizations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are poor. They have a static offer and they remain fairly close to what is extended

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interview is not very difficult, they look more for a cultural fit than for technical skill, atleast for the role for which I interviewed with them. Overall it was nice experience interviewing with them

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Operation Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sabre in October 2014.

Interview

I applied Sr. operation research analyst position via online (sabre webpage). They called me back 2 month later and we had three phone interviews. Interview questions were quite difficult. They asked many high level C++ questions and I could not answer correctly.

Operations Research Developer Interview

Interview

Very technical. Both knowledge and programming questions. Interviewer had a solid understanding on the topics. He asked about my thesis and discussed its algorithms in detail. Overall, it was very fun to talk to such a knowledgable person.

Interview Questions

• Questions on major algorithms, approaches, and how to solve typical problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

1. Submit CV through Sabre website 2. After about few days / 1 week call from Sabre HR and nice 15 min talk (phone screening) This concerned my CV and my finance expectations 3. In two weeks 3 hours interview in the company building It conisted of 3 parts: - 1h Java and SQL test - 1h interview with group of 2 developers - 1h interview with second group of 2 developers 4. The next day call from HR with results and job offer with all the details 5. Few days later call from my future team - just to screen if my experience and skills fit to the team. 6. I'm in. From CV submission to the first day of work in Sabre took about 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Just pure technical question. No question about phone booths on Manhattan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get more that I wanted.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sabre (Bangalore (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

This was a campus interview. Interview was conducted by technically strong people.

Interview Questions

• Approach for customer choice modeling in an airline itinerary selection process   Answer Question