Sabre

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details – Asked a lot of questions on the main financial statements, especially cash flow statements. Know all the basics of those statements and what they are used to identify when valuing a company. Met with two people, one focused more on the above the other asked more behavioral type questions, have ou been in this situation before, how did you react, etc.

Interview Question – Unexpected really were the amount of questions focused on the cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Southlake, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details – Very thorough and detailed. Person was very knowledgeable and maintained a friendly attitude throughout.

Interview Question – Ethical dilemma question was unexpected;   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Interview

Senior Software Development
Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sabre in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a company recruiter via Linkedin and emailed resume. First contact via phone with hiring manager and then was called for onsite interview fairly quickly. Interviewed by manager and two other senior team members. Technical questions not too hard. They seemed to be looking to hire quickly and following onsite meeting received an offer within 48 hours.

Reason for Declining – In all compensation + benefits did not justify the increased commute.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Southlake, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in February 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview that lasted about 1 hr. Offer came about a week after the call

Interview Question – The questions asked were ones I expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since this was a contract position

MBA Summer Finance Analyst Interview

MBA Summer Finance Analyst
Southlake, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details – 1. Applied via campus recruiting posting
2. Got call for interviews
3. Met with 1 person for interview, 2 people for lunch, and another person for interview (some finance/accounting questions)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was a summer position

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews, one awkward one with the actual manager of the position who was based in India and the connection was very bad. Came in and had 1 in person interview with 2 managers.

Interview Question – none, the focus was on the position and how I would best fit into the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was solid for my experience, and so I accepted it.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details – Found this job on school's career website. Got contacted with phone to set up a on-campus interview the next day. During the first round, I was asked to rank the SQL, Excel and computing skills. There were also some typical behavioral questions.
Then after about one month, they called me to set up 2 phone interviews, both with technical persons from the group. Both interviewers asked questions about my experience, nothing special, no technical questions. Both of them were very friendly.

Interview Question – There weren't any technical questions during the interview   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in April 2013.

Interview Details – At first got a call from HR asking for my availability and scheduled a telephonic interview. After 3-4 days got response from HR saying that he got very good feedback from telephonic interview & want to setup a onsite interview or Skype/video call based on my comfort. I chose for on-site. Onsite interview is scheduled for 3 hrs and with 3 members separately. One from Business related, one from technical team and another is also a technical.

Overall, it's a very good experience. Because, the HR whom I am talking to is very quick in giving response. He gave me best support to schedule interviews based on my comfort. I was informed that I am selected but yet to get an offer from them. They said they will be sending an offer to me this week.

Interview Question – I didn't see any unexpected questions. Interview is mostly based on the depth of your technical skills, Agile methodology, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Java Core concepts, Hibernate configurations, relationships in hibernate (one-to-may.many-to-many), Spring Injections, Design Patterns (Singleton), WebServices(cxf/Axis) etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told in the last week that they got very good feed back from all the 3 interviewers and they selected. HR asked me about my current salary, benefits etc. Based on that he said he will get back to me with the offer. So, I am waiting for that. Will update again once I hear from them.

Very Difficult Interview

Reservation Sales Agent/Call Center Interview

Reservation Sales Agent/Call Center
Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sabre in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pros: The call center is located in Westlake which is not too far away from Dallas, Texas. The call center job starts off at $12 an hour in what looked like a clean atmosphere. The dress code seemed to be business casual and casual. The corporate villages have very interesting architecture. The small town of Westlake shows promise in that it could develop into a modern city.

Cons: I felt the recruiter was disorganized and not completely truthful even though I managed to get an interview. I was interviewed by two apathetic female managers at the call center. I felt the interview did not go well. The 45 minute interview process was very tedious because they over-focused on questions related to "What would you do to handle an angry or disgruntled customer?" They also kept hinting that they had many angry customers. During the interview process I did not feel respected or comfortable. Another problem is that this call center is located near DFW Airport so you can expect a lot of traffic jams and pollution in the air.

Interview Question – "How would you deal with a disgruntled customer?"   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Operations Research Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sabre in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very straightforward
Just ask if you're familiar with some software tools, few basic OR definitions.

Interview Question – Most complex optimization problem you've solved   Answer Question