Sabre Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre in April 2013.

At first got a call from HR asking for my availability and scheduled a telephonic interview. After 3-4 days got response from HR saying that he got very good feedback from telephonic interview & want to setup a onsite interview or Skype/video call based on my comfort. I chose for on-site. Onsite interview is scheduled for 3 hrs and with 3 members separately. One from Business related, one from technical team and another is also a technical.

Overall, it's a very good experience. Because, the HR whom I am talking to is very quick in giving response. He gave me best support to schedule interviews based on my comfort. I was informed that I am selected but yet to get an offer from them. They said they will be sending an offer to me this week.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't see any unexpected questions. Interview is mostly based on the depth of your technical skills, Agile methodology, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Java Core concepts, Hibernate configurations, relationships in hibernate (one-to-may.many-to-many), Spring Injections, Design Patterns (Singleton), WebServices(cxf/Axis) etc.   View Answer
    I was told in the last week that they got very good feed back from all the 3 interviewers and they selected. HR asked me about my current salary, benefits etc. Based on that he said he will get back to me with the offer. So, I am waiting for that. Will update again once I hear from them.

Senior Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sabre in February 2013.

Was contacted by a company recruiter via Linkedin and emailed resume. First contact via phone with hiring manager and then was called for onsite interview fairly quickly. Interviewed by manager and two other senior team members. Technical questions not too hard. They seemed to be looking to hire quickly and following onsite meeting received an offer within 48 hours.

In all compensation + benefits did not justify the increased commute.

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Sabre in January 2013.

Interview process was smooth. Things were arranged and everything went on scheduled. Round 1: Basic HR
    Round 2: Behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Do u prefer customer interaction or technical position? Didn't know wat was expected out of this question..   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre in December 2012.

Pros: The call center is located in Westlake which is not too far away from Dallas, Texas. The call center job starts off at $12 an hour in what looked like a clean atmosphere. The dress code seemed to be business casual and casual. The corporate villages have very interesting architecture. The small town of Westlake shows promise in that it could develop into a modern city.

Cons: I felt the recruiter was disorganized and not completely truthful even though I managed to get an interview. I was interviewed by two apathetic female managers at the call center. I felt the interview did not go well. The 45 minute interview process was very tedious because they over-focused on questions related to "What would you do to handle an angry or disgruntled customer?" They also kept hinting that they had many angry customers. During the interview process I did not feel respected or comfortable. Another problem is that this call center is located near DFW Airport so you can expect a lot of traffic jams and pollution in the air.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

On-campus interview. There were two interviewers. Both of them were really nice and very easy to talk to. They asked many fundamental questions for programming. No actual coding problems were given. Questions dealing with what encapsulation and procedural programming was. Some behavioral questions were also asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give a project where you had a problem and how you debugged and fixed it.   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre in November 2012.

Very straightforward
    Just ask if you're familiar with some software tools, few basic OR definitions.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre in October 2012.

Applied through my school and then had an on-campus interview where I was asked various technical questions. Got called in about a month later for an on site interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Sabre in October 2012.

In the first interview they put me with a person from different department who as turned out had no idea how department I was interested in worked. He seemed annoyed that I was asking him questions about that department and repeatedly said he doesn't know anything about it.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much basic interview for marketing internship ( no cases, no technical stuff). First question was why you want to work for them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre in July 2012.

Had Telephonic Interview, then met the Manager and another Developer face to face. The HR is very slow and will never respond to you call or email once the interview is over. There are too many people from Andhra Pradesh (India) who are not that professional. They would try to place their own people there. I think the management should take the decision instead of letting the people from offshore to decide.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were stupid and they guy who asked was expecting some stupid answer. The were expecting some Andhra guy instead of me.   Answer Question

If you are not in the right group, there are lots of internal politics.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Sabre in May 2012.

The job interviews are with the actual manager for whom you would be working. Interviews tend to be focused on the job requirements. Generally very cordial. Followup is by the HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • Was a lot of focus on SCRUM as this group was very Scrum oriented.   View Answer