Sabre Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sabre in June 2011.

Written test and phone interview

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in February 2011.

There were two interviews, one on campus and one at the corporate headquarters. It was primarily techinal finance and accounting questions. Ther interviewer asked a predetermined set of questions and wrote down the response.

Interview Questions
    • If an asset is over depreciated on the books what needs to be done to correct this? which financial statements are impacted and how?   Answer Question
    none

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in April 2011.

Like with all large companies, the process is rather slow. Initial contact was by the HR/Acquisition team, who conduct a preliminary interview. If they feel you meet the basic qualifications they will inform the hiring manager. I had one 1:1 interview with a team member who provided feedback to the hiring manager. After a week or so I was contacted again by the HR for an onsite interview with the hiring manager. This took about three weeks. My understanding for some positions that it's not the hiring manger who make the final decision, but it goes up an additional level.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Everything regarding this interview was a negative or neutral. The interviewer was a technical guy, however he did not have any information or seem to know about the specific position that you were interviewing for. From others I have talked to every interview was exactly the same even though we were all being interviewed for different positions with varying technical requirements. Some of the interview questions were technical, mostly relating to linear and integer programming and asking about your programming background. The interviewer seemed very uncomfortable and I got the impression he had not interviewed people before. It was very hard to ask questions, as the only thing he knew about the company was from his own department. I never heard back from Sabre after repeated inquiries following the interview. I have never interviewed with a company and had them never follow up with me, even if to tell me that I was not being extended an offer or moving on to the next round. With Sabre there was no phone call, e-mail, or response to emails sent to their HR department. Very poor impression of the company.

Director of Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Very smooth. VP called and chatted for an hour. They flew me over to Dallas and three 1:1 interviews with Directors and VP. Pretty straight forward stuff. Great campus, great folks. I wish they could match my counter offer. Oh well...

Interview Questions

Comparitively low pay even at the high end of the bracket. My existing stock compensation was tough to beat. Plus the relo package wasn't that great either.

Senior Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sabre in April 2011.

because of the employee referral, I got phone interview right after I submit my application. manager on the other side of the phone asked some questions about my resume.
    onsite scheduled 7 days later. 6 persons, including the vp, interviewed me. most of questions are related to my resume. All of them asked me if I am interested in their work. absolutely, I said I like it. hten I am waiting for their final response.

Operations Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sabre in February 2011.

It's my first round interview which is a 1?1 interview and took me 1 hour. It contains 1/3 behavior question, 1/3 quesitons of Operations Research. 1/3 of programming. It's not quite hard but need preparation.

Team Lead Software QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in November 2010.

HR was a little slow on process, but Management was on the ball

Interview Questions
    • What would a co-worker you have difficulties with say about you?   Answer Question
    Negotiated to the higher end of range

Manager, User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sabre in March 2009.

Received a phone call for basic questions. Then set up an on-site interview, met with one person. I was supposed to interview with 2 others but they weren't there. The interviewer was friendly and polite.
    Office was neat, however cubicles.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sabre in October 2009.

You apply and then have to take a skills tests. If you pass that then you have a 30 minute financial interview and a 30 minute behavioral interview. It is really relaxed and not very hard. If you get called back then you have another interview at Sabre where their is a group case that you work on.

Interview Questions
    • What are the financial statements   View Answer
    • what do yo think is the most important statement why?   View Answer
    • how do you do free cash flow?   View Answer
    • what is NPV and how do you calculate it?   View Answer
    • what is wacc? and how do you calculate it   View Answer