Sabre

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Development Interview

Senior Software Development
Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sabre in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a company recruiter via Linkedin and emailed resume. First contact via phone with hiring manager and then was called for onsite interview fairly quickly. Interviewed by manager and two other senior team members. Technical questions not too hard. They seemed to be looking to hire quickly and following onsite meeting received an offer within 48 hours.

Reason for Declining – In all compensation + benefits did not justify the increased commute.

Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sabre in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had Telephonic Interview, then met the Manager and another Developer face to face. The HR is very slow and will never respond to you call or email once the interview is over. There are too many people from Andhra Pradesh (India) who are not that professional. They would try to place their own people there. I think the management should take the decision instead of letting the people from offshore to decide.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were stupid and they guy who asked was expecting some stupid answer. The were expecting some Andhra guy instead of me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If you are not in the right group, there are lots of internal politics.

Senior Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sabre in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted the resume online. HR called me after few weeks and we scheduled and interview.
phone interview was scheduled for 30minutes but it went more than that..
During the phone interview the interviewer asked me questions from my resume.
what did i do in my previous teams.
Most interesting/creative work.
Most challenging work..
several more shitty questions like this..
Finally she told me this was a technical interview and I do not have technical knowledge that they were looking for. I was most surprised by that statement. She did not ask me a single technical question during the interview and said it was a technical interview.!!

Interview Question – Questions from my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sabre in May 2012.

Interview Details – In my 7 years of IT exp, i have never seen the weird process Sabre follows. I was called up by the HR and first she told the designation and max salary they are gonna offer (it was 50% more of my CTC). Then she conducted interview. First was telephonic and then 1:1.

I cleared the tech round and HR told the she is yet to get the feedback. After 2 days, I got to know feedback is +ve and the approval is pending from delivery head for offer. Next day i got a surprise call saying we have one more candidate ready to join with lesser salary and asked me to reduce my expectation. I told its not me who asked, it was your HR who told what max they can offer.

After waiting for 2 weeks, i got to know the response back to square "Feedback is on hold".

In short, the HR is horrible, no transparency, no communication within team. As a result one says what max they can give and after some days you get a call saying someone else is ready to join with lesser salary and you tell how much you want :(

It was very disappointing exp dealing with Sabre HR. Please grow up and be professional.

Interview Question – About my resume, Unix commands, finger utility, Perl scripting, SQL queries   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Sabre in April 2010.

Interview Details – Technical interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!