Sabre Interview Questions in Southlake, TX

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

You have to interview with ever manager all the way to the CMO, regardless of the job level. All this means is they do not trust their managers to hire the right people.

Interview Questions

• What not the question asked it was the fact that the interviewer texted throughout the entire process. Made little to know no eye contact.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Exhausting and long. They are very thorough and it took over 4 months from the time I got the first interview until I got the offer and then they wanted me to start as soon as possible. I had around 10 interviews (different people) and travelled to headquarters twice. Ultimately it was worth the wait but it was not a quick process. Now from the inside there are several people that have to approve that make the process VERY slow and difficult.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specific questions about previous experience as it relates to the job. Expected.   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First of all, HR will call you to schedule the interview. Usually the first interview should be Senior. and if Senior feel ok, then Manager will do interview. After that, then will decide if give you offer or not. and then talk with HR that about the salary. and then, if you agree then take it.

Principal, Airline Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

HR phone screening, followed by the hiring Director interview, met with several other team members, progressed to the Vice President and finally the CMO. All of the interviews were one on one. Based on the behaviors (checking emails, text messages, etc.) during two of the sessions it was very distracting and unprofessional. Sabre HR needs to put their mid and senior management through a basic interview training class to ensure that standards are maintained to provide a fair and equitable platform for the candidates as well as the hiring executives.

Interview Questions

• Situational, what if questions very hypothetical and also without any deep knowledge of the industry so where not very insightful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary and time off up front. There is some latitude within the defined ranges for the company and equivalent positions.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The application to interview process was straightforward. Received a call from in-house recruiter as an initial interest screen and then a callback the next day to set up an in-person interview about 2-weeks in advance. 2 panel, 3-person interviews using standard behavioral questions. The entire interview process was underwhelming. The hiring manager and next level up were late and seemed distracted throughout the process.

Senior Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Interviewed twice for one position. Once with hiring manager, once with a peer of hiring manager and VP. Very conversational, predominately behavioral interview. The questions were specific to experience and work style.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: Would you consider a different position that isn't individual contributor?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Asked a lot of questions on the main financial statements, especially cash flow statements. Know all the basics of those statements and what they are used to identify when valuing a company. Met with two people, one focused more on the above the other asked more behavioral type questions, have ou been in this situation before, how did you react, etc.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected really were the amount of questions focused on the cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Very thorough and detailed. Person was very knowledgeable and maintained a friendly attitude throughout.

MBA Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

1. Applied via campus recruiting posting 2. Got call for interviews 3. Met with 1 person for interview, 2 people for lunch, and another person for interview (some finance/accounting questions)

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was a summer position

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

At first got a call from HR asking for my availability and scheduled a telephonic interview. After 3-4 days got response from HR saying that he got very good feedback from telephonic interview & want to setup a onsite interview or Skype/video call based on my comfort. I chose for on-site. Onsite interview is scheduled for 3 hrs and with 3 members separately. One from Business related, one from technical team and another is also a technical. Overall, it's a very good experience. Because, the HR whom I am talking to is very quick in giving response. He gave me best support to schedule interviews based on my comfort. I was informed that I am selected but yet to get an offer from them. They said they will be sending an offer to me this week.

Interview Questions

• I didn't see any unexpected questions. Interview is mostly based on the depth of your technical skills, Agile methodology, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Java Core concepts, Hibernate configurations, relationships in hibernate (one-to-may.many-to-many), Spring Injections, Design Patterns (Singleton), WebServices(cxf/Axis) etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told in the last week that they got very good feed back from all the 3 interviewers and they selected. HR asked me about my current salary, benefits etc. Based on that he said he will get back to me with the offer. So, I am waiting for that. Will update again once I hear from them.