Sacramento Municipal

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sacramento Municipal

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sacramento Municipal in November 2014.

There is an unnecessarily long selection process that takes place when they are hiring Customer Service Representatives. After taking a written test, being interviewed on the phone and going to their offices to be personally met, I have to say it was a decent experience in terms of the way they organized. Unfortunately I got a very bad impression from them since the person in charge of the appointment messed up the time we were supposed to meet at, which ended up with me being late to my interview. No apologies, instead she refused to accept what happened. I recommend you are very careful, confirm the time of your interview if you get to that point and make sure you have an email that proves you did.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    • If we contacted your previous employer, what would they tell us about you in regards to your punctuality and productivity?   Answer Question

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sacramento Municipal in July 2014.

Applied for position on company website. I was contacted by an HR representative via email inviting me to an in person interview the next week. Interview was standard structured questions from a panel of three including the hiring supervisor the hr rep. And another member of the business unit. The questions related to job experience and situational behavior. Culture struck me as one in which people are proud and happy to work there and believe applicants should feel the same way.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to say what your last supervisor would say was an area where you have opportunity for improvement what would it be?   View Answer

The jobs advertised salary range was acceptable if the offer would have been made taking into account my being extremely if not overqualified status it would have likely been an accepted offer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sacramento Municipal.

Civil service requires you to take a screening test which is fairly rigorous. If you pass you will be put on a list of qualified candidates for future openings. Then if there is an opening you will be called for a panel interview using the behavioral interviewing technique. You will also have to pass a background check, drug screen, and pre-employment physical.

Interview Questions

I was not pleased with the quality of the interview. It was disorganized and a bit unprofessional. Nothing rude or inappropriate; they just didn't seem to have their ducks in a row. They canceled and rescheduled me, then when I arrived 2 out of the 3 interviewers were late (20+ minutes). Before the late ones arrived the one interviewer asked me if I could possibly reschedule (again!) I said NO, and then the interview eventually took place. I had another offer in hand and I accepted it rather than work for SMUD.