Sacred Heart University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.0

Assistant Professor, Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sacred Heart University in March 2013.

Vitae submitted to a search committee, followed by interviews with the committee, dean of business school, and provost. Need to do a research presentation and have to teach in a classroom setting in front of a search committee member if there is no established record of teaching ability through student evaluations

Interview Questions
    • How your research area overlaps with Catholic intellect   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sacred Heart University in June 2013.

I had applied for full-time position at SHU as per a job posting in www.indeed.com. I directly contacted the head of the department (with my CV) and asked him if I could teach as full time. However, he said that I was not a perfect match for the full-time position but he could consider me for an adjunct for the time being till a matching position comes up. He called me for a 1:1 interview, asked me about my researcgh, experiences in teaching and research and finally offered me the position after a week.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Two interviews. Both in person but with different staff members.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Salary is set.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Was very quick and to the point.

Librarian Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Quick and good

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sacred Heart University in May 2009.

Applied through the university's website. Got a phone call to schedule an interview early in the morning. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and he gave me a short SQL test: left/right joins, pivot tables and select records from one table that do not exist in the other.

If you had a good interview with the hiring manager, you get to be interview by the IT director which basically goes over your resume with no technical questions. After this interview, if they believe you're a potential candidate you will be interview by the VP of Information Technology.

Interview Questions
    • How to select all records from one tables that don't exist in another?   View Answer
    Takes about 1-2 months before they get back to you. If you're require to meet with HR chances are that you will get a job offer that same day.

Worked for Sacred Heart University? Contribute to the Community!