Sacred Heart University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Fairfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sacred Heart University in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied for full-time position at SHU as per a job posting in www.indeed.com. I directly contacted the head of the department (with my CV) and asked him if I could teach as full time. However, he said that I was not a perfect match for the full-time position but he could consider me for an adjunct for the time being till a matching position comes up. He called me for a 1:1 interview, asked me about my researcgh, experiences in teaching and research and finally offered me the position after a week.

Very Easy Interview

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Both in person but with different staff members.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Not experienced interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary is set.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist

Interviewed at Sacred Heart University

Interview Details – Was very quick and to the point.

Interview Question – Know your tech items!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Librarian Interview

Librarian

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Interview Details – Quick and good

Interview Question – All were reasonable.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Fairfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sacred Heart University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through the university's website. Got a phone call to schedule an interview early in the morning. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and he gave me a short SQL test: left/right joins, pivot tables and select records from one table that do not exist in the other.

If you had a good interview with the hiring manager, you get to be interview by the IT director which basically goes over your resume with no technical questions. After this interview, if they believe you're a potential candidate you will be interview by the VP of Information Technology.

Interview Question – How to select all records from one tables that don't exist in another?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Takes about 1-2 months before they get back to you. If you're require to meet with HR chances are that you will get a job offer that same day.

Worked for Sacred Heart University? Contribute to the Community!