Sacu

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.0

Consumer Loan Vendor Management Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sacu in July 2014.

This has been a very knowledge detailed interview, it is either you know or you don't. They also asked me to take a Microsoft Office proficiency test and make a presentation to an interview panel. The interview appointments are so far a part among each, that there is not a rush to hire someone for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Most knowledge oriented questions were very specific, you have to know about banking processes and procedures, about networks, about vendors, how to source them and attract them.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sacu in May 2014.

Process is fairly straight forward. Applied online and received a follow up email from the hiring recruiter. Phone interview with the recruiter and than another phone interview with two "regional" managers who stated they would be in touch within two weeks should they wish to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly basic interview questions - nothing that stands out.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive - West Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sacu.

They utilize a "prescreen" assessment test from a vendor called Kenexa. It is ideal for company's that don't have the ability to assess employees or lack the skills to do so. It takes all of the human element out of it and strictly utilizes a forced multiple choice option, many times the answers are not even close to what you would choose as they lack any creative solutions or flexibility. There was no face to face or phone interview provided. The individual I was working with had discussed plans to fly up and meet with me face-to-face....but never did. The ongoing dialogue with this Manager ceased after the assessment test, though he stated that he does not put any heavy weight into these assessments.

Unfortunately I received the word from the HR Department that they are leaning towards another candidate, even though I was told over the phone they had two other candidates with the impressions they were not much interested in. Hence, welcomed me to go through their application process, which was incomplete in my opinion. I wished that the Manager I had been speaking with would have had the leadership to pick up the phone and call me directly, but instead chickened out and relied upon HR to do the dirty work. But I do realize this to be common among many Managers/Leaders - the inability to deal with the tough situations, let alone dish out praise as well.

If you are a conformist, recently out of school/have no real work experience, lack independent thinking, creative problem solving, and take a conservative approach to your day to day work you will be an ideal fit for this organization. They appear to not hire anyone more intelligent than themselves.

I greatly appreciated the fact that I was exposed their philosophy and methods of business prior to joining the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Answering assessment questions that had nothing to do with the role and function of the position being applied for, and not even real world questions that employees would run into.   Answer Question

Research Representative - SAN Antonio Federal Credit Union (SACU) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sacu in June 2012.

Very disorganized. Your DL is whisked from your hand and quickly processed through a machine, without first asking your permission, upon entering their building. Then they tell you to sign in on a group sign-in sheet and to write your full Social Security number next to your name, along with everyone else on the same one page list. They ask for your SSN again during the screening test they administer. When I had politely declined the first time while still in the public reception area, I was informed by HR no one else had ever refused to do so. Even if I had thought it was appropriate at that juncture to provide so much personal info (which can serve to reveal data like your age, etc.) I wasn't going to publicly share it with approximately a dozen other jobseekers in the room with me. Anyway, although I strongly met the requirements for the position I had never actually been contacted by SACU until I had assertively contacted them, which wasn’t easy. I decided to be proactive because the position had been repeatedly posted for over a year. So, after several actions on my part, I was finally invited to take a basic competency customer service skills test. That's why I was there. No interview, just invited to take this test in a group setting. I had hoped to be interviewed at that time if I passed their test. I came well prepared and dressed in a suite. The group of approximately about a dozen applicants I took the test with visually reflected San Antonio's ethnic-demographic composition: Mostly Hispanic, a few less White people and a couple of people who obviously represented other smaller minority ethnic groups. SACU is classified as an EOE. However, every SACU employee that I was able to see appeared to belong to the same ethnic group and I found that a little odd. Well, I learned I had passed their test (it was pass/fail) but was not called back for an interview so they never once formally interviewed me. My qualifications certainly met and reasonably exceeded their minimum requirements. I never even heard back from them after I called, as instructed, to obtain my test results.

Interview Questions
    • The skills test consisted of simple, short audio-visual scenarios presented on a screen to approximately a dozen applicants in a room and each applicant had to select what they identified as the best response to the customer service situations presented.   Answer Question