Safe-Guard Products International

2.5

Software Developer/Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Safe-Guard Products International in November 2014.

Had a brief phone screen with the hiring manager emphasizing the 'support' role, the only tech qualification asked for was about my familiarity with Bootstrap. I was invited into a in person interview. I was greeted by the hiring manager and given a room with a more senior engineer. We had a brief conversation about development practices (very high level), then he started telling me about how poor the processes in place at the company are and described the product being supported as a total nightmare. He described high turnover and there being no institutional knowledge of the product's architecture and the support process being highly dependent on trial and error...but with a lot of pressure being exerted by upper management to find and fix bugs that are highly obscured by the product's poor architecture and use of anti-patterns.
    I felt sorry for the engineer and wanted to rescue him.
    The hiring manager called recruiter a few days later with overwhelmingly positive feedback, but with the news that (thank god!) the request for additional resources had been pulled by management and that the position would remain unfilled.

Interview Questions
    • "The architecture is very poor, issues are very difficult to isolate and identify...how comfortable are you with that?"   View Answer

Tire and Wheel Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safe-Guard Products International.

I was initially contacted for a phone interview after applying online for the position. I was told a training class would be starting in three weeks (very short notice). Was asked basic BBI questions/ given a general resume review. I then successfully passed my phone interview and was granted an in person interview two days later.
    The in person interview was conducted by two managers. They again asked basic BBI questions, this went on for about 45 min. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility and directed to HR. HR went over the hours/pay/etc then asked me could I see myself in this position. I answered yes and was granted the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    Was offered the position on the spot and told I would receive an official acceptance letter a few hours later

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Safe-Guard Products International.

The interview process was 3 hours long. Implementation, Dev Lead, Project manager, Project coordinator, BA lead all interviewed one after another. And everyone asked almost same questions about business analysis and SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • Client does not have any idea about requirement. How would you go about if you have no prototype or idea of their requirements.   View Answer

The company looked pretty new and small .Everyone was available for interviewing . I was told that it was BA job on Java application and new technology but it was very old legacy system and the main role was clearing the Ticket backlog which was not mentioned in the BA profile posted.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Safe-Guard Products International in January 2013.

Smooth and made decision quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that you feel will be most pertinent to the role and why?   View Answer
    pretty easy