Safe Software

Safe Software Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safe Software.

I applied for this job, and got an email trying to set up an interview a week later. It was my first ever computer science related interview and so even though I tried to prepare, I was not ready. The interview began by him telling me about the company and what they do. He then asked some basic hr questions about myself, followed by having me explain a personal project. After this he went to quizzing me on the basics of OOP. He asked about the 3 pillars of OOP and started to talk about different types of variables and their lifespan in java.

Interview Questions
    • In java, can you access static variables of a class that is never instantiated?   Answer Question

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Initial phone screening then invited to office for interview. Loooong bus journey. Arrived for 2pm interview and interviewer was still out on a luunch time bike ride. After being interviewed by HR person for about 40 minutes, who kept saying she wasn't technical, interviewer eventually came in to boardroom still in cycling clothes and asked a bunch of technical questions. HR person was happy to answer questions about corporate culture and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Details on join queries and structure of database tables.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safe Software.

Started with basic soft skill question then progressed to more technical questions. Interviewer rarely made eye contact during the initial phase. I got the sense that the technical questions were really the most important part of the interview so I would advise doing a lot of review and preparation. Also he was dressed extremely casually. No tie, button down shirt with the top 3 buttons open and a crew neck on underneath. Was surprised.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between a reference and a pointer in C++   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safe Software in September 2014.

It was a half hour interview. It started with an introduction to the company; what they do and company culture. I was informed that perks include a gym and cafeteria area, and that almost everyone receives their own office. This introduction helped calm the nerves. They asked about a previous personal/technical/work project in detail. After, they asked questions about C++ knowledge. There was a Q&A answer session at the end.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Safe Software in February 2012.

1 on 1 interview. First background of company, culture etc. Second was questions about a project - describe it in detail, third was a whole bunch of questions on OOP and C++. Hadn't reviewed much so I'm not sure if the interviewer would ask more high level programming questions after the simpler OOP concepts.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safe Software in March 2008.

I apply online, interviewer phone me back and ask me many questions.