SafeNet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.2

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SafeNet.

Interview

This was the strangest and most confusing interview I've ever had. After submitting my resume online through my university's career website, I was contacted by HR. The recruiter then told me I would be directly interviewed by the team manager whose team I may potentially join.
    When the team manager called me I was prepared for an onslaught of technical questions, but to my surprise he only asked me two questions. "What do you know about SafeNet?" and "Why do you want this internship?" At the end of the phone call the manager explained that he called only to talk to me and tell me more about the responsibilities of this internship position and that someone else from HR would contact me soon for a real interview.
    I was really confused why HR told me I was going to be interviewed when the team manager didn't even know he was supposed to be interviewing me. I felt like there was a huge communication gap between the two departments. I never got a call or email back from HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SafeNet?
      Why do you want this internship?

Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD).

Interview

Applied online, returned call, attended interview, 3 persons: HR, Direct Report, Global IT Manager.
    Don't ask HR many questions about the company or the products, they do not know and did not care. Focus on IT support resolution ability/answers with the Direct Report/Supervisor - he's making the decision. Calling the day before to confirm the interview time was received oddly coldly - like you were stupid for doing so. HR was not prepared for the interview, there was no designated place to do it. Direct Report was asking the IT support questions and making the decision, focus on that. He didn't care about the firm or the products, just your ability to solve problems: VPN, connectivity, Outlook mail, Active Directory, etc.

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

interviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a interview via telephone with the hiring manager. Next I was asked to come on site to conduct formal interviews with four members of upper management

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Standard interview questions.

Offer too low

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SafeNet in November 2010.

Interview

Coding on the whiteboard.

IT SaaS Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SafeNet (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews, in person and on the phone. Process last about 3 to 4 months. The CIO said he was were very interested in going to the next round and was 100% sure they would call me in for the final 5th round of interviews. Several weeks later after hearing nothing I reached out to the recruiter and she apologized and said to send me a filled out application with 3 references and that they were going to get that process started and call the references and do the back ground checks etc..2 weeks later, nothing, no background check or no refrence calling. I called again and an hour later they called me and said they had decided to go a different direction and that I was no longer a candidate!! Horrible exerience and they led me to believe I was a strong candidate all the way to the end. I lined up my reference for them to call at the end of the process and they said they would and they never did and cut me off. Wow, very disrepectful management. Be careful with this company and watch out for being led along.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SafeNet.

Interview

Got approached by internal HR person via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview with that person, following that was a phone interview with the Sr. SE Director, who is based abroad. Asked me about general sales/technical experience, and my knowledge of security.

I was told that I would proceed to the next round by the HR person a few days after the interview, and that a date would follow shortly. After not hearing back for a while and a few follow-ups from my side I heard that the next person didn't think I'd be a good fit, just based on my profile. So basically the previous interview(s) were a waste of time for everyone.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SafeNet (Noida (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Took around 1 Month and contain total 4 round.

1. Telephonic - screening part ( C , Posix , IPC and IPS question)
    2. Using GoToMeeting ( wrote around 5 progam with discussion about approach.)
          a. allocate a 2 D array using malloc.
          b . usage of pipe using threads.
          c. synchronization between thread and prevent data.
    3 F2F at there Noida Office.
    4. HR Round at Noida Office.

Interview Questions

• Mostly question about C, Linux , Posix, Shared Memory, PIPES, Mutux , semaphores, Deadlock, Race Condition.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The hiring process includes one written test which comprises of MCQ on apptitude and a designing problem. It is an elimination round. Once written test is cleared, one has to go through 2-3 rounds of technical interviews followed by Managerial and directorial round.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly comprises of technologies mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SafeNet (Noida (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

They had four Rounds out of which one was written and three were face to face.
    Written had aptitude, reasoning, data Interpretation and technical questions.

Face to face rounds covered everything studied till now.