Safeco

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.8

Underwriting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safeco.

Applied through the university's job board. Took an online assessment and filled out an additional questionnaire. Had an initial phone screening. Two weeks after that I scheduled an in person interview. Interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the office. About month after that I heard back about the job.

Senior Inside Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safeco in October 2014.

The hiring process went very quickly. I applied online on September 28, 2014 and received a call for a phone interview the first week of October. A couple days later I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two different managers. They both asked a lot of behavioral questions and described the job some. I was then taken back on the floor to do some job shadowing. The entire process was about 3 hours. Two days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle delivering bad news to a customer and why would you handle it that way?   Answer Question
    I was offered a base salary but I counter offered with the reasoning that I have a bachelors degree and insurance industry related experience. They countered back to me and met me in the middle of what they offered originally and what I had asked for. I accepted their counter offer.

Gold Customer Service Interview

The interview process is very thorough. There will be several test you will have to pass before they consider hiring you. Also when you interview you will be interviewed by at least two supervisors. If you are hired be prepared to take the licensing exam which is pretty difficult. The company will pay twice after that you will be responsible, if you cannot pass expect to be terminated.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeco.

Very lengthy interview process. Plan on being there 3-4 hours. You will take a typing test, sit with a CSR for 30 min to an hour depending on how busy the supervisor is, you will have a face to face interview with 2 supervisors and yourself. They will ask several 'tell me about a time.....' type questions.

There was not a negotiation phase

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeco.

Behavioral interview questions. Very long, tedious process. Involved a phone screening, then a first interview with two department managers, then a second interview with another department manager, and then a final interview with a senior manager. Each interview was separated by weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you tried something but didn't succeed.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had too much to do and not enough time to complete everything.   Answer Question

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Safeco.

One on One, phone interview, recruiter involvement, test to pass, panel interview, detailed questions, thurough knowledge of the industry and customer service is a huge factor along with personality. Process is typically quick once past the recruiter and into the managment hands

No negs

Field Adjuster Interview

The interview was fair, but the first hurdle was an online assessment that wasn't expected when applying. The manager and the supervisor were very affable

Casualty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safeco in October 2013.

1. Received call from HR to set up phone interview
    2. Phone interview with HR person. After completion, was asked to come for an interview in the office the next day.
    3. Got call back confirming in-office interview.
    4. In-office interview was with two different managers. Each had unique sets of questions from script. Each gave example of a situation that was complex, asked you to explain what you would do, step by step.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions were about your background.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate. They offered, i countered, was told to take or leave.

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeco.

HR provides a thorough interviewing experience on par with all huge corporations. When you make it past their interview you then will be in front of the management that you will eventually work under. If you have a BS degree you are hired. A degree means more to this company than anything. No degree= no job even if you have been an adjuster for the past 20 years.

Interview Questions
    here's what we are paying, take it or leave it.

Associate Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeco in March 2013.

Applied online, got a request for an interview about a week later from a recruiter. 30 minute interview, pretty standard questions. About 2 weeks later, was contacted by the recruiter's intern to set up an hour long interview with 2 managers. This interview was more difficult as they asked more detailed questions about my experience but still behavioral based. Never heard back from anyone at company even after emailing to check on status, so

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member and how you handled it   Answer Question