Safeco

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

Property Claims Specialist I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Safeco.

Interview Details – One on One, phone interview, recruiter involvement, test to pass, panel interview, detailed questions, thurough knowledge of the industry and customer service is a huge factor along with personality. Process is typically quick once past the recruiter and into the managment hands

Negotiation Details – No negs

Scheduling Analyst Interview

Scheduling Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed at Safeco in September 2010.

Interview Details – Standardized interview questions that seek behavioral answers

Interview Question – the past scenario "tell me about a time when" questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Safeco in February 2012.

Interview Details – Surprisingly easy. I had two phone interviews and one in person with 4 interviewers. I did not receive a case study although I know others who did. Basic interview type questions of what have you been most proud of, what do you need improvement on, tell me about a project that...

One thing I thought was interesting was how HR bounced me around. I interviewed with 4 groups before landing a job. The responses from the first three interviews were "You sound great, but the hiring manager thinks you are better suited for a position in ___ group". I appreciated they kept trying with me even if it was disheartening originally.

Interview Question – What is something you regret from your professional experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I regret I did not negotiate much. I was offered the highest end of the salary range described in the position review and thought that was the highest they could pay me. Overall, the process was very simple and friendly.

Field Adjuster Interview

Field Adjuster

Interviewed at Safeco

Interview Details – The interview was fair, but the first hurdle was an online assessment that wasn't expected when applying. The manager and the supervisor were very affable

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last company   Answer Question

Market Development Interview

Market Development
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Safeco in September 2010.

Interview Details – Effortless, warm and welcoming

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and to the point on both sides

Casualty Specialist Interview

Casualty Specialist
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Safeco in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Received call from HR to set up phone interview
2. Phone interview with HR person. After completion, was asked to come for an interview in the office the next day.
3. Got call back confirming in-office interview.
4. In-office interview was with two different managers. Each had unique sets of questions from script. Each gave example of a situation that was complex, asked you to explain what you would do, step by step.

Interview Question – The hardest questions were about your background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate. They offered, i countered, was told to take or leave.

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

Property Claims Specialist I
Richardson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safeco.

Interview Details – HR provides a thorough interviewing experience on par with all huge corporations. When you make it past their interview you then will be in front of the management that you will eventually work under. If you have a BS degree you are hired. A degree means more to this company than anything. No degree= no job even if you have been an adjuster for the past 20 years.

Interview Question – Why don't you have a masters degree?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – here's what we are paying, take it or leave it.

Associate Product Analyst Interview

Associate Product Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safeco in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a request for an interview about a week later from a recruiter. 30 minute interview, pretty standard questions. About 2 weeks later, was contacted by the recruiter's intern to set up an hour long interview with 2 managers. This interview was more difficult as they asked more detailed questions about my experience but still behavioral based. Never heard back from anyone at company even after emailing to check on status, so

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member and how you handled it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Warehouse Specialist
Church Hill, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Safeco in January 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process was quick and easy. the test was somewhat difficult.

Interview Question – would you want to relocate?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Safeco in October 2008.

Interview Details – process went pretty quickly amd smooth:
sent in resume
contacted on telephone with basic question/requirements by recruiter
invited for interview with two managers and two coworkers

Interviews for Top Jobs at Safeco

Worked for Safeco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safeco interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Safeco employees and interview candidates.