Safeco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.8

Gold Customer Service Interview

The interview process is very thorough. There will be several test you will have to pass before they consider hiring you. Also when you interview you will be interviewed by at least two supervisors. If you are hired be prepared to take the licensing exam which is pretty difficult. The company will pay twice after that you will be responsible, if you cannot pass expect to be terminated.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeco.

Very lengthy interview process. Plan on being there 3-4 hours. You will take a typing test, sit with a CSR for 30 min to an hour depending on how busy the supervisor is, you will have a face to face interview with 2 supervisors and yourself. They will ask several 'tell me about a time.....' type questions.

There was not a negotiation phase

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeco.

Behavioral interview questions. Very long, tedious process. Involved a phone screening, then a first interview with two department managers, then a second interview with another department manager, and then a final interview with a senior manager. Each interview was separated by weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you tried something but didn't succeed.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had too much to do and not enough time to complete everything.   Answer Question

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Safeco.

One on One, phone interview, recruiter involvement, test to pass, panel interview, detailed questions, thurough knowledge of the industry and customer service is a huge factor along with personality. Process is typically quick once past the recruiter and into the managment hands

No negs

Field Adjuster Interview

The interview was fair, but the first hurdle was an online assessment that wasn't expected when applying. The manager and the supervisor were very affable

Casualty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safeco in October 2013.

1. Received call from HR to set up phone interview
    2. Phone interview with HR person. After completion, was asked to come for an interview in the office the next day.
    3. Got call back confirming in-office interview.
    4. In-office interview was with two different managers. Each had unique sets of questions from script. Each gave example of a situation that was complex, asked you to explain what you would do, step by step.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions were about your background.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate. They offered, i countered, was told to take or leave.

Property Claims Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeco.

HR provides a thorough interviewing experience on par with all huge corporations. When you make it past their interview you then will be in front of the management that you will eventually work under. If you have a BS degree you are hired. A degree means more to this company than anything. No degree= no job even if you have been an adjuster for the past 20 years.

Interview Questions
    here's what we are paying, take it or leave it.

Associate Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safeco in March 2013.

Applied online, got a request for an interview about a week later from a recruiter. 30 minute interview, pretty standard questions. About 2 weeks later, was contacted by the recruiter's intern to set up an hour long interview with 2 managers. This interview was more difficult as they asked more detailed questions about my experience but still behavioral based. Never heard back from anyone at company even after emailing to check on status, so

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member and how you handled it   Answer Question

Property Inside Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safeco in December 2012.

One interview with two managers. 4 weeks later got a call and offer. The managers were both female which was a nice diversity change up. Very laid back environment and I felt right at home during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    The money was so much more than expected that I was speechless by the offer and did not need to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Safeco in February 2012.

Surprisingly easy. I had two phone interviews and one in person with 4 interviewers. I did not receive a case study although I know others who did. Basic interview type questions of what have you been most proud of, what do you need improvement on, tell me about a project that...

One thing I thought was interesting was how HR bounced me around. I interviewed with 4 groups before landing a job. The responses from the first three interviews were "You sound great, but the hiring manager thinks you are better suited for a position in ___ group". I appreciated they kept trying with me even if it was disheartening originally.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you regret from your professional experience.   Answer Question
    I regret I did not negotiate much. I was offered the highest end of the salary range described in the position review and thought that was the highest they could pay me. Overall, the process was very simple and friendly.