Safelite Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.3

Super Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Safelite.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. Great collaboration and kept me informed of how the process would proceed. Meeting with DM and another upper level manager. Proceeded to 3hr panel interview with regional team. Very intense along with role plays. Be prepared and confident for final 3 hr interview. Presentation skills is a must for final interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Safelite (Pewaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called to set up an interview and scheduled it the next week. I arrived early, but they started the interview about 15 minutes late. Asked many typical questions and made Me feel like I was a good fit. But when I asked questions I got cut short. I thought it was because it was close to 5 pm. I was told second interview calls would be made next week.
    I sent a thank you to follow up the interview. When I hadn't heard anything a week later I called. I was told he was on another line and would call me back.
    At that point I knew I was not getting a call back. A week later I got an email stating they selected someone else.
    It is not the fact I was not selected. But the lack of follow up and calling me back as he said he would.

Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safelite.

Interview

Online application, then they send you an email where you show your skills (typing, creating an email or word document). After about a week they give you a call on the phone and you go in for a one on one interview. Training is two weeks long, 30 hrs a week and then after 90 days probation you're hired.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safelite (Chandler, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

You are called in by manager after being provided with a sample script to read/memorize. You are then asked to read the script to make sure you show empathy. You are asked basic behavioral interview questions. You should be prepared to answer questions such as "Tell about a time you did not agree with a decision your manager made". Make sure and wear business professional clothing.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safelite (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I applied for a customer service position however they convinced me to go into sales. I'm glad I did because you make more money in sales and it's not cold calling, it's all inbound which is nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Warehouse Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Safelite (Ontario, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

1.)Initial phone screen with hiring manager. 2.)Phone interview with HR and Supply Chain 3.) One on One interview with hiring manager. 4.) Assessment with HR, Supply Chain, Peer Manager, Hiring Manager and Hiring Manager's Immediate Manager. 5.) An additional one on one with Hiring Manager for clarification of comment made during assessment process interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in my final discussion with Hiring Manager why I had referred to my current position as a "Survival Job" during the assessment interview.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safelite (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then in-person with hiring manager. Then nothing. No follow up at all. Very disappointed that at least a courtesy no-thank you email wasn't sent.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safelite (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Dress appropriately for the interview. Dress code is enforced. Sometimes people are hired and then don't start for months. This is a part-time job. Don't quit your full-time job to work here. Be positive, don't mumble, and speak up. This is a phone job. Job is on the bus route, but the bus route doesn't run at 10:00 pm. Be sure to chose your schedule accordingly if you rely on the bus for transportation. Now what Safelite does and what kind of work you would do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts at $12.00. You can negotiate your schedule however.

District Manager Interview

Interview

You're initially going to be contacted by a recruiter who will field a handful of top prospects. Then the hiring manager (Vice President) will do a phone interview. The final few candidates will be brought in for what's can an Assessment Center. This involves the hiring manager, HR and at least one other reviewer to be present as you role play with the HR associate. There are two or three sessions, each will be different and are random from Assessment Center, not candidates within the same AC. Candidates are given a scenario and time to review documents which may include evaluating several managers on paper and being able to rank them and discuss their strengths and weaknesses. Other possibilities is an angry customer interaction, P&L and business performance review.

Interview Questions

• There's really no answer and no way to prepare. It's as much about maintaining your confidence, standing behind your answers and keeping your cool as it is about being correct. At this point you've passed the qualification hurdles, this is how you handle pressure. Though you can bomb if you act like a fool....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safelite (Columbus, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly 3 months (which was ridiculous), mainly because the HR Rep did not follow up on phone calls and/or emails regarding dates and times. She was frequently 'out of the office' and often apologized for delays. I had concerns at times that the hiring team may have wondered if I was the cause of the delays.
    The process involved 1 phone call from HR Rep, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 face to face interview appointment with 6 individuals, another appointment for a 'role play' and presentation in front of another 7 individuals, followed by very positive and lengthy calls to my references. I ultimately received a call 3 weeks later with an explanation that my management skills were not a fit for this position.
    From the start I was told that there were concerns about filling the position because the last manager had been fired. They needed the right person to replace him. My credentials and experience were no problem and I also currently manage 12 direct reports.
    This was the most involved and drawn out interview process I have ever been involved in, especially for a mid-level management position. Late in the process, I was told that the other prime candidate had dropped out. I wondered if it was due to delays or the never-ending interview demands. I do not think Safelite knew exactly what they were looking for to fill this position.

Interview Questions

• Safelite requested a 'role play' interview where I interacted with an individual who was acting as an employee. I was given no other information until the day I showed up. The day of the meeting, I was given 30 minutes to study a packet with mock details about the employee and then told to encourage the employee to move into a leadership role.
      I have no acting skills and have never auditioned in an improvisational setting. I was observed by 7 individuals during my interaction with the fake employee and critiqued on my management skills. I was focused on memorizing the details in the packet and what I was saying in the acting session. The process became more of an acting evaluation than a management skills critique. Ironically, if I could have described a real life scenario like the one I was put into I would have had an exact example. I recently hired an employee for my team who I felt had the leadership skills I needed to fill a position. I convinced the employee to apply for the opening and she has been an exemplary employee.

1 Answer
    • I was asked just 2 days before my role play interview if I could also make a 15 minute presentation to a panel showing a time I helped improve a situation in my work experience. The HR Rep apologized for the last minute request and the presentation became part of the role play meeting. I worked on the presentation over the 4th of July weekend and the result was a very positive presentation, complete with outlines and power point presentation.   1 Answer