Safelite

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.3

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safelite.

I applied for a customer service position however they convinced me to go into sales. I'm glad I did because you make more money in sales and it's not cold calling, it's all inbound which is nice.

NONE

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Safelite in October 2014.

1.)Initial phone screen with hiring manager. 2.)Phone interview with HR and Supply Chain 3.) One on One interview with hiring manager. 4.) Assessment with HR, Supply Chain, Peer Manager, Hiring Manager and Hiring Manager's Immediate Manager. 5.) An additional one on one with Hiring Manager for clarification of comment made during assessment process interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked in my final discussion with Hiring Manager why I had referred to my current position as a "Survival Job" during the assessment interview.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safelite.

Phone interview with recruiter then in-person with hiring manager. Then nothing. No follow up at all. Very disappointed that at least a courtesy no-thank you email wasn't sent.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safelite.

Dress appropriately for the interview. Dress code is enforced. Sometimes people are hired and then don't start for months. This is a part-time job. Don't quit your full-time job to work here. Be positive, don't mumble, and speak up. This is a phone job. Job is on the bus route, but the bus route doesn't run at 10:00 pm. Be sure to chose your schedule accordingly if you rely on the bus for transportation. Now what Safelite does and what kind of work you would do.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at $12.00. You can negotiate your schedule however.

District Manager Interview

You're initially going to be contacted by a recruiter who will field a handful of top prospects. Then the hiring manager (Vice President) will do a phone interview. The final few candidates will be brought in for what's can an Assessment Center. This involves the hiring manager, HR and at least one other reviewer to be present as you role play with the HR associate. There are two or three sessions, each will be different and are random from Assessment Center, not candidates within the same AC. Candidates are given a scenario and time to review documents which may include evaluating several managers on paper and being able to rank them and discuss their strengths and weaknesses. Other possibilities is an angry customer interaction, P&L and business performance review.

Interview Questions
    • There's really no answer and no way to prepare. It's as much about maintaining your confidence, standing behind your answers and keeping your cool as it is about being correct. At this point you've passed the qualification hurdles, this is how you handle pressure. Though you can bomb if you act like a fool....   Answer Question

Telephone Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Safelite in June 2014.

Easy application, if selected you will have a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview. Be prepared to put on your best selling ability as you will have to do a mock phone call including a wiper blade pitch. Be prepared to pass a drug screening and background check. Two week new hire training period. Class usually starts about two weeks after an accepted job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Must try to sell wiper blades, which are an optional product, to the hiring manager in a mock phone call.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safelite in June 2014.

The process took nearly 3 months (which was ridiculous), mainly because the HR Rep did not follow up on phone calls and/or emails regarding dates and times. She was frequently 'out of the office' and often apologized for delays. I had concerns at times that the hiring team may have wondered if I was the cause of the delays.
    The process involved 1 phone call from HR Rep, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 face to face interview appointment with 6 individuals, another appointment for a 'role play' and presentation in front of another 7 individuals, followed by very positive and lengthy calls to my references. I ultimately received a call 3 weeks later with an explanation that my management skills were not a fit for this position.
    From the start I was told that there were concerns about filling the position because the last manager had been fired. They needed the right person to replace him. My credentials and experience were no problem and I also currently manage 12 direct reports.
    This was the most involved and drawn out interview process I have ever been involved in, especially for a mid-level management position. Late in the process, I was told that the other prime candidate had dropped out. I wondered if it was due to delays or the never-ending interview demands. I do not think Safelite knew exactly what they were looking for to fill this position.

Interview Questions
    • Safelite requested a 'role play' interview where I interacted with an individual who was acting as an employee. I was given no other information until the day I showed up. The day of the meeting, I was given 30 minutes to study a packet with mock details about the employee and then told to encourage the employee to move into a leadership role.
      I have no acting skills and have never auditioned in an improvisational setting. I was observed by 7 individuals during my interaction with the fake employee and critiqued on my management skills. I was focused on memorizing the details in the packet and what I was saying in the acting session. The process became more of an acting evaluation than a management skills critique. Ironically, if I could have described a real life scenario like the one I was put into I would have had an exact example. I recently hired an employee for my team who I felt had the leadership skills I needed to fill a position. I convinced the employee to apply for the opening and she has been an exemplary employee.

View Answer
    • I was asked just 2 days before my role play interview if I could also make a 15 minute presentation to a panel showing a time I helped improve a situation in my work experience. The HR Rep apologized for the last minute request and the presentation became part of the role play meeting. I worked on the presentation over the 4th of July weekend and the result was a very positive presentation, complete with outlines and power point presentation.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safelite.

Walk-in and you complete a computer assessment, in-person interview, and then you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. It was like any other interviews.   Answer Question

TSR Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Safelite.

I went to job fair and got the job offer the same day.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Safelite.

Was interviewed at the corporate HQ. Very efficient process and I was made to feel very welcome and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • There were role play scenarios associated with the interview process.   Answer Question