Safety-Kleen Interview Questions

2.5

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in September 2011.

Reasonably quick process...nothing too exhausting like a lot of companies these days. Interview with local mgmt team, then one-on-one with main Sales manager...I would not have accepted an offer, as it was VERY low, esp., considering my SUBSTANTIAL background and achievements. I would also not have accepted an offer as the idea of a sales meeting EVERY DAY @ 7:30 AM is insane. WEEKLY sales meets would, and have always, been quite enough. I do feel I was not made an offer due to my age, as I am 60. In my father's era, companies VALUED experience and success- I have 20+ years of sales (with awards, etc.) with 3 very well known companies in high-tech, etc. I believe companies THESE days want the younger workers, as they want someone who they can wring out for 20-30 years. And that they can also "brainwash" to THEIR way of "doing things". Companies today do not want you to bring anything to the table that might be new or different. They want it THEIR way, every day @ 7:30 AM.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in January 2010.

Online application taken, received call for interview and at interview hired on the spot and given compensationand benefits information.....driving test taken and drug screening......met management team and toured work environment. Traveled to corporate office for training and orientation...received company identification and personal uniform and badges. Started driving when trucks assigned and dispatched from transportation department accordingly.

Interview Questions
    • Since I had no tanker driving experience was a task to show confidence in driving fluid trailers.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I started as an intern and was eventually brought on full time upon complete of my degree.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any tough interview question, just straight forward common application questions.   Answer Question

Branch General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in October 2010.

Interviewed for a route driver position. Learned the business and moved into sales after 3 years. A year later I moved into the customer service position. A year after that I was promoted to Branch General Manager. Before being promoted to service manager & general manager I completed an online assessment after which the results were used to make sure I was a good match for the position based on the company expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future plans with this company.   View Answer
    I was a current employee when I was offered the general manager position so the negotiation process was basically me selling myself to the area manager.

Branch Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Amityville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amityville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in August 2011.

Everything was great 2 yrs ago

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safety-Kleen.

Career Builder, Company website or local ad. Take online pre-employment tests. Local, in person interview with follow up interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you tell a customer if they ask a question about EPA regulation that you aren't sure of answer?   View Answer
    Not a lot of negotiation.

Market Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Brookfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Brookfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Safety-Kleen.

Long process. Took over 3 months and 6 meetings. CRM is very important to them. Wanted to know past sales goals.

Take it or leave it

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in June 2012.

Phone interview and than I met with nthe Regional Manager for 2 hours, it was a very pleasant interview and he said he would call me on Wed. he never called, very unprofessional.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in March 2010.

The interview process starts with a phone call from internal corporate recruiter. Then there is a several week delay and then recruiter call and requested on line test for IQ, Skills and personality. After another 2 to 3 week delay there was a call to schedule a face to face interview.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Safety-Kleen in February 2010.

The entire process was very long and drawn-out. Blood work, background tests, and the entire process probably took a full two months. The interview was first with the sales manager, then with the branch manager, then with the service manager, and then with all three of them at the same time.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate vacation days.

Worked for Safety-Kleen? Contribute to the Community!