Safety-Kleen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Safety-Kleen.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone, followed by on-line assessment tests. Nothing difficult or unexpected. Personal interview was held 2 weeks later by District Manager. Again, nothing unexpected, but he did ask open ended questions to set up a narrative response; ie. Tell me about a time you had to counsel an employee. He suggested I would be contacted within a couple of weeks after the interview for a second interview with a Regional Manager. Three weeks past and I finally called him and left a message. I received no response to that call. A week later I called him again and got him on the phone. His response was, "Didn't somebody call you?!". He then informed me they went with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement between employees?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Safety-Kleen (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I was given the standard behavioral interview. I was brought into a room with two employees who were told to interview me because the Manager I was to interview with wasn't feeling well. I could tell they were not prepared to interview me .

Interview Questions

• Do you know what v-lookup is in Excel?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I started as an intern and was eventually brought on full time upon complete of my degree.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any tough interview question, just straight forward common application questions.   Answer Question

Market Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safety-Kleen in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with Area Sales Manager. The process is quite lengthy. Initial training is two weeks at one of the training centers that will require travel.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safety-Kleen.

Interview

Career Builder, Company website or local ad. Take online pre-employment tests. Local, in person interview with follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a customer if they ask a question about EPA regulation that you aren't sure of answer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation.

Market Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Brookfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Safety-Kleen (West Brookfield, MA).

Interview

Long process. Took over 3 months and 6 meetings. CRM is very important to them. Wanted to know past sales goals.

Interview Questions

• Role playing a sales opportunity   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safety-Kleen in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and than I met with nthe Regional Manager for 2 hours, it was a very pleasant interview and he said he would call me on Wed. he never called, very unprofessional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Safety-Kleen (Plano, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Spoke with someone from HR and they potential boss. Nothing difficult. At the time I was hired, SK had just gone thru bankruptcy and it was a little scary, but they brought things back to life. Several years later, Clean Harbors bought them out and it has gone downhill.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me an offer. I told them I needed 5K more and they paid it.

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Safety-Kleen (Elgin, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Reasonably quick process...nothing too exhausting like a lot of companies these days. Interview with local mgmt team, then one-on-one with main Sales manager...I would not have accepted an offer, as it was VERY low, esp., considering my SUBSTANTIAL background and achievements. I would also not have accepted an offer as the idea of a sales meeting EVERY DAY @ 7:30 AM is insane. WEEKLY sales meets would, and have always, been quite enough. I do feel I was not made an offer due to my age, as I am 60. In my father's era, companies VALUED experience and success- I have 20+ years of sales (with awards, etc.) with 3 very well known companies in high-tech, etc. I believe companies THESE days want the younger workers, as they want someone who they can wring out for 20-30 years. And that they can also "brainwash" to THEIR way of "doing things". Companies today do not want you to bring anything to the table that might be new or different. They want it THEIR way, every day @ 7:30 AM.

Branch Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amityville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Safety-Kleen (North Amityville, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Everything was great 2 yrs ago