Safeway

Updated Sep 23, 2014

1.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway.

My application took around 2 weeks to process. I got a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me some basic questions regrading about applications. Then I got an one on one interview in person with a hiring manager a week after.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most challenging experience in customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Cashier Interview

Interview wasn't bad. Typical what would you do questions. Very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in January 2014.

Really easy and laid back. I had no work experience going in and they just wanted to know how I plan to benefit the store. They wanted to make sure that I could work as a team with other workers and provide valuable customer service. They ask you to tell them about yourself and if you will work hard.

Interview Questions

I received a more valuable job opportunity elsewhere

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway.

Applied online with personality/skills test, got background check along with drug test, received feedback within a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Safeway in May 2013.

Put in application and then talked to hiring manager about a job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Safeway.

I applied online and after no response I called the store a couple weeks later and scheduled an appointment. Pretty straight forward questions... Why do you want to work here? How would a previous employer describe you? Then I they administered the drug and background test...passed...then was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Safeway.

I had submitted an application online and got a call back a few weeks later. There was not a formal interview, all the applicants were gathered together. I had to submit to a drug test on the spot. I then had to do an online orientation and then further training at the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway.

Glassdoor seriously helped me prepare myself for the interview. Everything mentioned here was asked. I had applied online and received a call from them within 2 weeks.

The interview process was fairly slow. With me there were 3 other people in waiting. The interviewer had 2 sets of 3 pages and he asked me questions like, why i was interested in working for safeway and a situation where i had to go above and beyond. no questions were asked regarding wage. they asked how ive handled difficult customers in the past.

they are basically looking for peppy individuals. Have a smile on ur face. be confident. dress professionally(dont over do it) and prep ur answers in advance.

It went pretty well and i was hired. its been 2 weeks since the interview, background check and final paper work and i still i havent received a scehdule. thats the most annoying part

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question as such. there were questions like

1) what 3 things would you suggest to a customer who buys cake from safeway.
      2) Pick one of the products sold at our stores and suggest it to a customer.

View Answer
    there were no questions on the wage rate as i was being offered the minimum wage rate of $7.60 which is fairly better than shoppers($7.50).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

Had one in-person interview that took about 10 min before it was cut short and was decided to hire me on the spot after a simple drug test. After being hired, had to go through 8 hours of computer training of the course of 2 or 3 days. Whichever you prefer.

Interview Questions
    • What were your jobs duties at your previous job as a cashier?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

Applied online, got a call back within a few days. Went for interview which was easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Safeway. After the saliva drug test, I was hired and went to work two days later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, minimum wage job.t