Safeway

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had one in-person interview that took about 10 min before it was cut short and was decided to hire me on the spot after a simple drug test. After being hired, had to go through 8 hours of computer training of the course of 2 or 3 days. Whichever you prefer.

Interview Question – What were your jobs duties at your previous job as a cashier?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Safeway in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back within a few days. Went for interview which was easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Safeway. After the saliva drug test, I was hired and went to work two days later.

Interview Question – None, it was very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage job.t

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway in January 2014.

Interview Details – Really easy and laid back. I had no work experience going in and they just wanted to know how I plan to benefit the store. They wanted to make sure that I could work as a team with other workers and provide valuable customer service. They ask you to tell them about yourself and if you will work hard.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a more valuable job opportunity elsewhere

Florence, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Safeway in May 2013.

Interview Details – Put in application and then talked to hiring manager about a job.

Interview Question – What would you change about yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at Safeway

Interview Details – Interview wasn't bad. Typical what would you do questions. Very easy.

Clinton, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Safeway in April 2009.

Interview Details – The process was fairly short and easy that asked a lot of open ended questions and gave me a short history on their work experience working for the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 5 years from now with-in the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What I negotiated was base pay and a few of the days I just could not work.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – Applied online with personality/skills test, got background check along with drug test, received feedback within a week

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – I applied online and after no response I called the store a couple weeks later and scheduled an appointment. Pretty straight forward questions... Why do you want to work here? How would a previous employer describe you? Then I they administered the drug and background test...passed...then was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Safeway in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had one interview. The hiring manager wanted me to work there because I had previous experience. Only had a few simple questions about my availability. No work related questions about customer service and such. Very easy interview. Even did a cotton swab drug test on the spot.

Interview Question – There was not a single hard question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My previous job was for another grocery store, and I left there making journeyman wages, so I wanted to make sure I would be getting journeyman wages there as well. I was told I would be getting the top pay, but they hired me at entry level, and I had to stick it out making half of what I was making before for 2 months, (during my probation period.) After that, the union helped me get my deserved salary and everything was fine.

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Safeway.

Interview Details – I had submitted an application online and got a call back a few weeks later. There was not a formal interview, all the applicants were gathered together. I had to submit to a drug test on the spot. I then had to do an online orientation and then further training at the store.

Interview Question – The interview was not one on one.   Answer Question

Worked for Safeway? Contribute to the Community!