Safeway Category Director Interview Questions

3.5

Category Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2007.

Interview

My process wasn't a normal interview, it was more like a tour of stores and a visit with a few people. I have been a witness to other interviews and they were much more structured and intense. It seems to vary based on level and situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get most of what I wanted, however the flexibility with sign on bonus was more limited than salary. Getting vacation was easy. I do not suggest relocating with this company. While the relocation services are great, they spare no expense, which can be a burden if you don't want to stay for 2 years.

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Category Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in January 2011.

Interview

Group interview: Behavioral interview . . . Tell me about a time . . .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a mid course correction to a strategy that wasn't working>   Answer Question